autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Hands Down Trim Restorer Hands Down ?????

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Have you tried this yet? Did the solvents in the DLUX pull any of the black carbon from the Solution Finish back out of the trim? The combo does seem like a very potent 1-2 punch to restore trim and then keep it that way.
    Yes, it's a winning combo.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Black Wow and all I can say is WOW. This stuff is amazing. You can control sheen, color depth, gloss and cleaning. I use it inside dash and underhood. Seems to last about 2-3 months underhood an longer on dash. Very easy to apply (only small amount of product works best).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ethanbaker View Post
    I use Black Wow and all I can say is WOW. This stuff is amazing. You can control sheen, color depth, gloss and cleaning. I use it inside dash and underhood. Seems to last about 2-3 months underhood an longer on dash. Very easy to apply (only small amount of product works best).
    WOW, nowhere in the manufactures description do I see that you can use it on your dash, but do what works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a black trim staining product that last years

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased a bottle of the new Ultima Tire and Trim Guard and I must say I'm disappointed. It goes on exterior vinyl reasonably well but the surface remains tacky even after a couple of days and I don't like that. I get much better results with Solution Plus to restore color. I use Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel (mixed 1:1 with distilled water) when the Solution Finish fades a bit after a few weeks to reintensify the black.

And forget about tires, UTTG II is a rather thick lotion that doesn't spread well at all, especially with a tire that has a lot of patterns (?) on it. OTOH, I can spray on some Optimum Opti-bond Tire Gel and spread it around with a rag and get a good looking low sheen result in about a minute.

UTTG II is destined to be gathering dust on my shelf for the foreseeable future . . . at least until I can find some one I don't like very much to palm it off on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

8. Likes JALVIN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Houckster View Post
    I just purchased a bottle of the new Ultima Tire and Trim Guard and I must say I'm disappointed. It goes on exterior vinyl reasonably well but the surface remains tacky even after a couple of days and I don't like that. I get much better results with Solution Plus to restore color. I use Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel (mixed 1:1 with distilled water) when the Solution Finish fades a bit after a few weeks to reintensify the black.

And forget about tires, UTTG II is a rather thick lotion that doesn't spread well at all, especially with a tire that has a lot of patterns (?) on it. OTOH, I can spray on some Optimum Opti-bond Tire Gel and spread it around with a rag and get a good looking low sheen result in about a minute.

UTTG II is destined to be gathering dust on my shelf for the foreseeable future . . . at least until I can find some one I don't like very much to palm it off on them.
    I'll take it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    I'll take it!
    No, no, no. You're just too nice a guy. I wanna give it to someone I really can't stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars All Season Dressing. Before this dressing I had tried CG VRP, MEGUIARS BACK TO BLACK, TURTLE WAX TRIM RESTORER. None of them worked, sure the trim would be black again. But all three would run from the trim during rain. Evaporation was an issue as well. I saw Meguiars all season dressing in a gallon combo and had to try. I am impressed, does not evaporate, comes off easily if accidentally touched clear coat. On both our vehicles the trim has a shine which I like. Very little dust attraction. The scent is not offensive. All around pleased

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast