autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member Desert Detail & More's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpet cleaner..

Whats the best carpet cleaner/treatment for a rug doctor, and brush? How the heck does everyone get that famous look after cleaning the carpets, looks like a ball field that just got cut... LOL
    Desert Detail

89 Toyota Cressida with a 2JZ....... Mmmmmmm boost.......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet cleaner..

That's just a show off method. You just extract in straight lines or whatever pattern you like. I personally don't even bother. If I'm doing a high end vehicle...I will fancy it up a bit. But other than that...people don't care. Although, after doing it enough...you do end up leaving your "signature" in the carpet without even trying. Once you have a solid routine...there's no hiding it, and it looks fancy on it's own.

As for a carpet cleaner...I've never had a problem using my APC. Every APC is different. But it's always worked for me. As long as you agitate the stain before the extracting, you should be alright with just that. But, there are times when you gotta take out the big guns. I've got other stuff for that.

Post Thanks / Like

APC what does it stand for?
    Desert Detail

Post Thanks / Like

All purpose cleaner. Sorry, I get caught up on some the forum lingo sometimes, ha.

I use my APC in many different ways. Assuming your APC is concentrated...you can dilute it in many different ways, for different functions. It always works for me for carpet prep. If I have something tougher, like grease, oil, etc. I'll take out a heavier degreaser and scrub real good. I'll even follow the degreaser up with the steam cleaner to really break it down...then extract.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I used DP total interior cleaning on the carpet seemed to done good. Just didn't think it was safe to use degreaser on carpet..
    Desert Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikes02ls1 View Post
    OK, I used DP total interior cleaning on the carpet seemed to done good. Just didn't think it was safe to use degreaser on carpet..
    Well I only use it on bad stains. I don't do the whole carpet. More of just a spot prep. When you get something like greasy, or oily...my APC mix usually doesn't do as good of a job.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing i have used for cleaning carpet is Poorboy's APC but I felt it was too expensive. I'm still looking for the right replacement APC. I may have to just bite the bullet and go back to what works the best regardless of the price.

I don't get into that fancy carpet grooming business. I actually smooth the carpets out with my hands after scrubbing them to give a natural new carpet look.

I don't have before pics but these carpets were black with Copenhagen Chew spit and tobacco all ground into them and I used Poorboy's APC with my Cyclo with brushes to get them like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good!!! I seen some nasty interiors.....
    Desert Detail

Post Thanks / Like

I started with Megs APC then moved to APC+ (mostly because APC+ doesn't foam). Now I am using GTechniq W2, which shocked me on how well it works. So far W2 at 1:7 spray, agitate with a carpet brush and a wipe off with a microfiber towel has worked on all the stains I have used it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    I started with Megs APC then moved to APC+ (mostly because APC+ doesn't foam). Now I am using GTechniq W2, which shocked me on how well it works. So far W2 at 1:7 spray, agitate with a carpet brush and a wipe off with a microfiber towel has worked on all the stains I have used it on.
    Where are you getting your W2?

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    The best thing i have used for cleaning carpet is Poorboy's APC but I felt it was too expensive. I'm still looking for the right replacement APC. I may have to just bite the bullet and go back to what works the best regardless of the price.

I don't get into that fancy carpet grooming business. I actually smooth the carpets out with my hands after scrubbing them to give a natural new carpet look.

I don't have before pics but these carpets were black with Copenhagen Chew spit and tobacco all ground into them and I used Poorboy's APC with my Cyclo with brushes to get them like this.

Is that the bio-degradable one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast