autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet cleaner..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    I'll spray DP interior cleaner on the Best Carpet Cleaning West Vancouver, agitate it, pour some HOT water in my mighty pro, and extract. It works wonders for me plus my customers like the smell of bananas.
    Get the floor mat and place your extractor/vacuum at the far right corner and drag it diagonal towards you, and you'll make a 4" line, now from the bottom where you ended follow it back up opposite from which you started, and so forth..Walla fresh cut carpet "look" lol
    Hello,
    I use CIF carpet cleaner. It has very nice smell, easy to use, and very effective product that can be easily available at any supermarket...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll let you in on a couple little secrets. If the rug has been shampooed or cleaned before, all you might need is hot water. Most of the time, too much cleaner is left in the carpet and it acts as a dirt magnet.
    If you do need a cleaner, get a bottle of Tide HE Free & Clear laundry detergent. Use no more than 1/4 cup per TWO (2) gallons of hot hot water. Lay down a mist of the solution over a 4' x 4' area, scrub it in with a broom or the wand, then extract it using fresh solution and the suction on the wand.
    Carpet is cloth fibers. Clothes are cloth fibers. I had one high traffic area of stains that was just not coming up with anything else I was trying. Tried this and the staining is totally gone. It worked where my professional chemicals were coming up short.
    I must repeat, 1/4 cup per 2 gal is the MAXIMUM you want to use. Half of that concentration (1/4 cup per FOUR (4) gallons) is better if the carpet is not stained.

4. Thanks gregpack thanked for this post
    Likes Robbo, mbkite liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Shark Rotator and this unit IS well made. It does everything advetising and packaging claims. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because i wish it had the floating pickup on the main power head like the dyson has. I have all hard floors with rugs here and there. The shark picks up just as well on hard floors with the supplied attachment. It just works like a cannister vac instead. Which means it goes everywhere! You can clean the house and head right out to the garage with this beast. If you're a detail freak, the supplied car cleaning accessories are a real plus. My relatives have dysons, rainbows and other expensive suckers, i have no doubt this shark is an excellent value and does everything better than most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinnfersmith View Post
    I'll let you in on a couple little secrets. If the rug has been shampooed or cleaned before, all you might need is hot water. Most of the time, too much cleaner is left in the carpet and it acts as a dirt magnet.
    If you do need a cleaner, get a bottle of Tide HE Free & Clear laundry detergent. Use no more than 1/4 cup per TWO (2) gallons of hot hot water. Lay down a mist of the solution over a 4' x 4' area, scrub it in with a broom or the wand, then extract it using fresh solution and the suction on the wand.
    Carpet is cloth fibers. Clothes are cloth fibers. I had one high traffic area of stains that was just not coming up with anything else I was trying. Tried this and the staining is totally gone. It worked where my professional chemicals were coming up short.
    I must repeat, 1/4 cup per 2 gal is the MAXIMUM you want to use. Half of that concentration (1/4 cup per FOUR (4) gallons) is better if the carpet is not stained.
    ^^This^^
    Fabrics not rinsed of soaps/cleaners well enough resoil much quicker. Carpet pros pre-soak with a strong degreaser (pick your cleaner here), agitate, and then rinse with a rinsing agent, similar to Meguiar's D106, which is a fiber rinse & stain remover. The goal is to allow the cleaner to sit with the stain as long as possible, agitate, then rinse as much as possible. All purpose cleaners are notoriously hard to rinse,especially if used in low dilution ratios, and many laundry soaps can be as well, if used the same way. I would stick with a dedicated automotive cloth cleaner if you can because I find them easier to rinse, unless you need to pinch pennies.
    I don't do this professionally, so I don't have to look for the most economical way to clean interior, but the way I clean interiors is to pre-soak with a dedicated auto cloth/fabric cleaner, or professional carpet cleaner, agitate, then rinse with either regular water a couple times, or Megs D106 once.
    The goal is to pre-soak with the strongest cleaner that is also the easy to rinse. At least, that's how I do it, and I like the results that I get.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Stuff is a good carpet cleaner, and it doesent resoil much.

Post Thanks / Like

The Poorboys carpet and upholstery cleaner seems to work well. Fairly Good dilution ratio too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

folex is great stuff for inside the home and cars if you're trying to spot treat stains. I'm not sure if it's recommended or how it would work for a full surface clean. You can find it at walmart.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123