autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush???

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I broke two of these in a 6 week period. I am not a fan whatsoever. I warn ppl, but they don't listen as usuall...

That's because you're not the end all when it comes to what works and what doesn't. Many people have had their brushes for years without any harm. I have been using my lone brush for a year with the business and haven't suffered any ill effects. Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean you need to go around and badmouth the item and warn others to stay away from it.

Colin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm sorry. Ppl is short for people. Not the manufacture of this brush

If you were disappointed with the Daytona, you will be spitting bulletts if you order a EZ Break...urrrr Brush. Those are even designed worse then the Daytona

Look at the link I provided in my last response. It's a wooden handle brush. Like RSurfer stated, the bristle are very stiff (and so is the handle) but I have used this brush on numerous different wheels and have never suffered any ill effects

GL,

Flash
    I can't help my self ...

My Daytona brushes are still working well, but if they ever do kick the bucket Flash, I'll try your grill ... er wheel brush.

To the OP and others, I would call the company, though I have seen others take a dowel rod, drill a hole and epoxy the brush into the dowel to use for a new handle.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
    That's because you're not the end all when it comes to what works and what doesn't. Many people have had their brushes for years without any harm. I have been using my lone brush for a year with the business and haven't suffered any ill effects. Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean you need to go around and badmouth the item and warn others to stay away from it.

Colin
    How many wheels per week do you average using this brush? And as far as ppl having these brushes for years w/out incident, I would bet my last dollar they only use them on their personal car. Probally only once or twice per month. For the amount of money these brushes cost, they are junk in my book. I believe they were designed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    I can't help my self ...

My Daytona brushes are still working well, but if they ever do kick the bucket Flash, I'll try your grill ... er wheel brush.

To the OP and others, I would call the company, though I have seen others take a dowel rod, drill a hole and epoxy the brush into the dowel to use for a new handle.
    Hey Legacy, if worse comes to worse, at least you know you'll have a nice sturdy grill brush
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks for the information! (And the debate ) I looked at all the suggestions you-all posted. Just call me Godilocks... One is too stiff, One is too short, One is too thin. The search continues!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought two of the ez detail brushes and the first one broke after one year's use. These brushes are great, but I wish they were more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Your experience seems to be much like others here. The wire-handle is a good idea... But I'm thinking it shouldn't bend so easily simply by applying (side) pressure; Better to be stiffer so to form and use. Just a thought. Before it broke... It sure did the job!

Quote Originally Posted by Walshman View Post
    I bought two of the ez detail brushes and the first one broke after one year's use. These brushes are great, but I wish they were more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone thru 4 Daytona wheel brushes in the last year and AG has replaced all, no problems......
    I have modified the broken brush by bending it into an egg shape and attatching the broken wire to the other end with a piece of fuel hose, it works great and will never break again. It also works better in the wheelwells because you can hold onto the fuel hose and cup the brush (kinda like brass knuckles) to get around the top of the well....good luck
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    I've gone thru 4 Daytona wheel brushes in the last year and AG has replaced all, no problems......
    I have modified the broken brush by bending it into an egg shape and attatching the broken wire to the other end with a piece of fuel hose, it works great and will never break again. It also works better in the wheelwells because you can hold onto the fuel hose and cup the brush (kinda like brass knuckles) to get around the top of the well....good luck

Please post pics of this. I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

Thanks,

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an email to AG... Waiting to hear back. And a far as the suggested fixes... I'd like to see a solution to the root-cause of the problem as the brush is not an inexpensive item.

Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I've already suggested to Ag a modification......brush seems to last quite a while with occasional use....I use mine all day 6 days a week
    it's great for face of wheels and wheelwells
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed Master Wheel Brush???-ez_detail_brush_modified_002-jpg  
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast