autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs Endurance Tire Spray vs. Megs NXT Insane Shine

(Megs Endurace Tire Spray (30 minutes after initial application, one coat)

Unfortunately no pics of NXT Insane Shine .....

I recently received a can of the new Megs Endurance Tire Spray and it went back to back against my last can of NXT Insane Shine. Both dressings are very glossy !!!

Meguiars Endurance Tire Dressing Aerosol, tire shine, tire protectant, Meguiar's Endurance Tire Spray

What I immediately noted about Endurance is the dressing coming out of the spray is much thicker (like the gel counterpart) and had the trademark grape smell. I am giving it several hours to dry in the South Florida sun to see about spitting and worried it could due to the thickness factor. Only challenge initially to note is that the spray nozzle is not as fine and on lower profile tires you will get overspray on rims if not very careful.

(original version, canister label now updated)
    Meguiars NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Coating is a spray on tire dressing and rubber protectant with a high gloss shine.

Insane Shine is a product over the years that I grab when I occassionally want super shine. I believe it has a silicone content and can brown tires if not removed and reapplied often. It is ok as far as durability getting about a week . It does spit unless rewiped shortly after intial spray application. It is a thinner designer and is quite glossy indeed. The nozzle is a bit easier to control on lower profile tires. Scent is very different and clearly can note some differences in each version.

FINAL NOTES:
    In general I dont like sprays as much as lotion type dressings. I do however move from wanting a fresh to matte to glossy look at different times and still find most aerosol versions to be the glossiest offerings. The downfall is any spray will attract to any painted surface especially in the lightest of winds creating overspray issues. It is also best to apply a thin uniform coating and rewipe to avoid spitting. I think Stoners More Shine Less Time has about the best curing/drying agent over most other sprays but "seems" to need two coats to look like these other dressings.

I will remind of Endurances durability shortly and see if its best reapplied weekly or can it last thru a little longer like the gel has in past ???

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs Endurance Tire Spray vs. Megs NXT Insane Shine

Nice! I was looking to use the new Endurance gel as the aerosols never last long that long when I use them. Maybe I'll have to give it a shot though.