autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant Tiefenpfleger

Review: 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant Tiefenpfleger

Introduction:
    I’ve experimented with a few different products for rubber and vinyl and have settled on my favorites. At this point I had no reason to look further. Luckily for all of us Mike (mg6045) has been using another product that I hadn’t tried. Mike sent me a generous portion of 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant Tiefenpfleger (1Z R/V) still in the original bottle. Thank you Mike! Jim (Old Tiger) also sent me a product (Duragloss 531) a little while back that gets some time in this review as a comparison product. It deserves it's own complete review at a further date. Thank you Jim! I got the package from Mike on Friday and am typing up this introduction today (Saturday morning) before I go and start playing with it.

Product Description (from AG website):
    1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant cleans, restores and protects all exterior vinyl and plastic components such as fenders, the front fascia, plastic trim, vinyl cabriolet tops, and rubber components such as tires, producing a temperature-resistant seal and a low-shine satin finish. Dust-resistant! 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant retards the fading effects of UV rays to keep exterior rubber and vinyl looking like new.

Initial Product Observations:
    1.- Packaging: Gray Plastic bottle with spray nozzle

2.- Directions: Very clear and simple
    3.- Consistency: Thin Liquid

4.- Color: White
    5.- Scent: Citrus
    6.- Size/Price: 16.9 oz. ($14.99)
    7.- Manufacturer: 1Z Einszett
    8.-Made in: “Product of” Germany

Products used during preparation:
    1.- Amazing Roll Off (ARO) Tires and Bumpers
    2.- Griots Rubber Cleaner (GRC) Bumpers and Window Seals
    3.- Nylon Tire Brush
    4.- Microfiber towel
    5.- Safety Glasses

101-Conditions

102-Product

Method of Preparation:
    I started by spraying the rear bumper down with a hose. Then I sprayed full strength ARO on and allowed it to dwell for a minute. After scrubbing the bumper with a nylon brush I rinsed clean and then followed the same procedure on the front bumper. Next I washed all 4 wheels with ARO and the same brush. After the wheels were properly cleaned I scrubbed all the window seals and window trim with Griots Rubber Cleaner and a toothbrush followed by a mf towel and some more Griots rubber cleaner.

351-WASHING

352-WASHING

By the time I had rinsed the window seals and trim the bumpers were dry and I walked around to inspect. I discovered that the ARO had not removed the UTTG off of the area it had been applied to awhile back (center of front bumper).

251-Cleaned with ARO but UTTG remains

I decided I would give the Griots rubber cleaner a try and see if this would take it off.

252-WASH AGAIN

After washing the bumper with the GRC and the nylon brush, as well as a micro fiber towel I allowed everything to dry once more. The UTTG was still there…

253-Cleaned with GRC but UTTG remains

So I continued on without being able to remove it. All of the other areas I had washed were clean and bare. Next I placed some labeled tape in a few strategic positions around the car.

Method of Application:

Bumpers:

201-BEFORE

I began by spraying the right half of the rear bumper with 1Z R/V. Then I quickly captured the streaming product with a foam applicator and spread it across the bumper (applying it wet).

VIDEO: 1Z APPLIED WET [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmYwZRWsed4]YouTube - 1Z APPLIED WET.AVI[/video]

202-1Z APPLIED WET

203-1Z APPLIED WET

I applied DG 531 to the left side of the rear bumper using the dauper bottle and spreading with a separate foam applicator.

Next I applied the 1Z R/V the same way to the front bumper as I had the rear but his time across all but the far right corner. In the far right corner I applied UTTG. After applying the 1Z to most of the window trim I came back and starting at the rear bumper I applied a second coat (as directed for old dried out vinyl and rubber) Finally, with a mf towel starting at the rear bumper I buffed the areas that had received 1Z R/V.

REAR BUMPER

204-BEFORE

205-DG-1Z

206-BEFORE

207-AFTER DG

208-AFTER 1Z

209-DG-1Z

210-DG-1Z

211-DG-1Z

FRONT BUMPER

254-AFTER 1Z

255-AFTER 1Z

256-AFTER 1Z

257-AFTER UTTG

258-AFTER

259-AFTER

260-AFTER

261-AFTER 1Z on Left / UTTG on Right

Last edited by CEE DOG; 01-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant Tiefenpfleger

Window Seals and Trim:
    I applied 1Z R/V to almost all of the window seals and trim in the same way previously described.

VIDEO: 1Z APPLICATION WINDOW SEALS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i0fxdcP6nQ]YouTube - 350-1Z APPLICATION WINDOW SEALS.AVI[/video]

The only exception was a couple areas and one full window I had left vacant for the DG 531. My foam applicator was fully soaked with 1Z as I applied it to the window seals and it did drip a little (my fault) but I wasn’t worried about it as I planned to wash the car Sunday am. 2 minutes is recommended before buffing the excess 1Z but since I was busy working on various parts of the car with various products I did end up leaving it a good deal longer than that.

The DG 531 was easily applied to the window seals using the dauper bottle that Jim sent with the product. Thank you Jim! Love that bottle!

VIDEO: DG 531 APPLICATION WINDOW SEALS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XmU-3XItDs]YouTube - 350-DG 531 APPLICATION.AVI[/video]

I applied the DG 531 very thick and allowed it to dry for some time until there were some spots. Then I came back with a mf towel and rubbed it down hard which caused the residue to turn into little gel like balls which upon further buffing turned into a nice coating. The excess came off on the mf towel. Note that this method had everything to do with the fact I applied it very thick, in the sun, to very old seals. I have used DG 531 on my Sky weather seals without having to apply it as thick or having to adapt to this method.

353-BEFORE

354-50/50/50

355-AFTER

356-AFTER CLEANING BUT BEFORE 1Z

357-AFTER (1Z)

358-1Z & DG

359-1Z

360-1Z & DG

Door Handles:
    All 4 door handles were cleaned with GRC and a toothbrush.

401-Door Handle Wash

402-Door Handle Wash

After the handles had been allowed to dry 1Z and UTTG were applied to equal halves of one handle. 1Z and DG were applied to equal halves of another. 1Z was then applied to the last two door handles. After the allotted time the 1Z was buffed with an mf towel.

403-Door Handle Before

404-Door Handle 1Z-UTTG

405-Door Handle 1Z-UTTG

406-Door Handle 1Z-DG

407-Door Handle 1Z-DG

After those pictures were taken 1Z was also applied to the “tape lines” after the tape was removed.

Tires:
    501-Washed with ARO

502-Washed with ARO

503-Before

504-After

505-Before

506-After

507-After

508-After

509-After with Tape Line

510-After with Tape Line

511-After with Tape Line

Pros:
    1.- Smooth dark and restored appearance

2.–Application in direct sunlight or shade
    3.- Easy application on both trim and tires (Worked excellent on the bumpers
    4.- Use on interior as well (I didn’t have a chance to try that this time)

Cons:
    1.- 1Z was not the best product for the window trim and seals

???:
    1.- Durability is the real question because after seeing the looks of the restored bumpers durability is the only thing that could disappoint me.

Noted Observations and Summary:

1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant Tiefenpfleger is a pleasure to work with and seems to be a great product. It offers an impressive dark finish. It is initially darker than the UTTG and this is what it comes down to for me. If it is still darker after a month I will be blown away. Compared with the look of the DG 531 on the plastic bumpers it was very similar... just barely darker I think. When it came to the door handles 1Z was darker than both of the other products but was not as even in appearance as either. On the non-porous black window trim 1Z was not in its element. The DG 531 was vastly superior for that application.

And the Product Link:
    http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-vinyl-protectant.html

Post Thanks / Like

This morning I went out to get a picture of the condensation beads on the bumper but instead I found this. J

50/50 1Z / UTTG Ice Crystals

As part of another review I washed the car this morning and while I was there I recorded this sheeting video of the 1Z on the rear bumper.

VIDEO: 1Z SHEETING

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvnvKOjXRM]YouTube - 1Z SHEETING.AVI[/video]

During that car wash I rinsed the bumpers as well but did not wash them with a mitt. After drying the car I took these pictures.

1ZRV-UTTG- After Rinse and Dry

DG531-1ZRV-After Rinse and Dry

The appearance of the 1Z and UTTG now seem to be almost dead even. The UTTG may be just ever so slightly darker. You wouldn’t be able to tell a difference if you didn’t know right where to look real close. On the rear bumper the DG531 appeared to be just slightly darker as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! Is it just me or does the DG351 look kind of "splotchy" or "spotty" looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J1nx93 View Post
    Nice review! Is it just me or does the DG351 look kind of "splotchy" or "spotty" looking.
    Thank you! Which picture are you looking at? It didn't seem to be that way to me although on those window seals and trim both products were difficult to make look good. Those seals and window trim are in as bad of shape as you can imagine.

Ah, do you mean on picture 205 (Rear bumper) Maybe? That is my fault. The bottle I was using to apply DG 531 has the dauper built in instead of a spray bottle. It was taking awhile to release as much product as I wanted and I proably didn't spend enough time to rub the product in evenly in a couple spots. Sorry about that

I just looked again and if I look at picture 207 or any other bumper pics I don't see the same spots. I think 205 makes it look worse than it is. I didn't notice it in person either. When I go outside in a few I'll take another look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Thank you! Which picture are you looking at? It didn't seem to be that way to me although on those window seals and trim both products were difficult to make look good. Those seals and window trim are in as bad of shape as you can imagine.

Ah, do you mean on picture 205 (Rear bumper) Maybe? That is my fault. The bottle I was using to apply DG 531 has the dauper built in instead of a spray bottle. It was taking awhile to release as much product as I wanted and I proably didn't spend enough time to rub the product in evenly in a couple spots. Sorry about that
    Ah okay. I was curious as to why it was like that. Thanks for clearing it up!

Post Thanks / Like

very intricate writeup , impressive as usual.

I could have sent you this to help with the application on the window trim,

Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege

It has the foam tip like the one shown in your vid. (but like you stated above, they can become annoying to use in some area's, which is why i dont use it often)

I was thinking there the same product/chemicals, but I could be very wrong, as I have never used these products as "restorers". You vehicle there obviously is the perfect test bed as its weather torn. and will show the true or lack of potential of any product used on it.

Nice sheeting from the 1z. did the others sheet in the same fashion ?

thx again for putting this product through its paces for me so I know if I should go out and buy the Ultima stuff. I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

btw, which products were applied to the tires , if any ? i did not see it in the review writeup.

Post Thanks / Like

Its quite durable when used "inside" specifically. Nice work Corey !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible write up and comparison. Also very beneficial for us to get the follow up pictures after the wash. Thanks!
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast