autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country 1 Pad Polishing System

Keep in mind when reading this that I am a hobbyist detailer.

Product: Lake Country 1-Pad Polsihing System

Product Description : From Autogeek.net - With 1-Pad buffing pads, you use a fresh, new pad every time you detail. You don't spend valuable time cleaning pads. Every 1-Pad buffing pad performs perfectly. When your detail is finished, throw the pads away. Nothing is more valuable than your time. The time you save by tossing used pads offsets the cost of the 1-Pad Polishing System.

Would you buy this again or recommend it to a friend: Yes

Initial Product Observations: The pads seemed very thin. I was actually owrried that they may break down to early. The backing plate had a nice flexibilty to it though.

I used this system on my Flex LK603VVB. My first thoughts were that these pads seemed very thin. I was worried about pressure being applied to them and the backplate pushing on the paint. However, with the cushioning of the back plates tri density foam, my worries were for nothing.

Here is a pic of the back plate with a little pressure applied to it to show the tri density foam.

The orange pad seemed to be lense dense to the touch then a regular orange LC pad. I was not sure how this would play in to the cutting ability.
    Here are the pics of the orange pad and the a regular LC orange pad.
    1Pad

LC Pad

The white pads seemed very similar in feel and texture to a regular pad. Sorry I did not have a new white pad to put a compare picture up with.

The grey pad was like the white in the fact that it felt very similar in composition to the regular black pad.

I liked the way the pads were curved and allowed me to move over the body work.

While working with these pads I noticed that were very easy to control and held up very well. It has very little velcro on the bac of the pad, and I was worried that the pad might slip. After I was done using them on my car, I ran the pad at a higher RPM and applied quite a bit of pressure to it on some plexiglass. I marked the pad and the backplate with Sharpie to see if it moved at all. It did not.

The cut of the pads seemed to be on par with regular pads, and I was able to finish the car nicely with th white pad and some Optimum Hyper Polish.

I have the pads soaking, and will be cleaning them. I know, this defeats the purpose of the 1 time use pad right? Not in my opinion. I am cleaning them to see how well they held up, in case anyone is worried about not being able to finish a car with one pad.

Pros: No cleaning, good cut, curved sruface makes it easy on edges and contours.

Cons: Could get expensive.

Final Observations and Summary: Since I have this sytem now, I will continue to use it. It worked great for me. I will only be using the orange and white pads though, as when I get in to the grey pads I like to move on to my PC. I am also considering the Cyan and Yellow to be my next purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country 1 Pad Polishing System

fantastic review.,

my goodness, that pic of the curved pad makes me crave a similar pad for a DA or Random Orbital.

is there anway this could work on a DA ?

edit: upon another look at the pic, it seems the orbital throw of a DA would defeat the purpose of a smooth curved edge, as it would be jiggling back and forth on a curve like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for the post (pictures).

I ordered the 1-Pad system (BP+3 pads) for correcting the contours of my TA so I can put on a coat of CQ or OC.My RamAir(WS6) hood has a few pronounced curves that I feel these pads will work great for.
    Depending how they work on my TA,I may use them for customers that have vehicle profile's that these new 1-Pad would meet them needs.Which would be the only reason IMO to order them.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

No problem guys. I am honored that I got the opprotunity to do it.

IID, I LOVE the WS6! One of my favorite cars. Soo sexy. This pad did work great for the contours on my hood. The pics that I took are just before I started the hood, so the compound is not on the edge of the pad yet.

This picture shows the contour of my hood. While not as drastic as a WS6, it is still pretty contoured.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed it is.
    I'm glad you liked the 1-Pad system.I should get mine tomorrow.
    BTW,Beautiful snake!

Quote Originally Posted by M.P. Cobra Fan View Post
    No problem guys. I am honored that I got the opprotunity to do it.

IID, I LOVE the WS6! One of my favorite cars. Soo sexy. This pad did work great for the contours on my hood. The pics that I took are just before I started the hood, so the compound is not on the edge of the pad yet.

This picture shows the contour of my hood. While not as drastic as a WS6, it is still pretty contoured.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man. Let us know what you think of the kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted as you continue to evaluate the system.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review!

For those looking at this thread wondering if this will work on a DA, I will be testing this very soon. I re-sized a couple pics I just snapped to show what the system looks like on a DA:

"Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I never thought about it on a DA. I wonder how that will change pad life.

Here is a continuation of the review.

The pads are washed. I washed them so I could show the wear of them after just ones use. IMO, they are quite worn. If you look at the outer rings of the pad, you can see the dimples are disappearing quite quickly. Mainly on the orange pad, but the white seemed to show significant wear as well.

Here is a picture of the back of the pads. Notice the plastic shell and small velcro patch.

If you look at the edge of this plastic shell, you will notice that it is starting to separate from the foam. While this does not matter on a pad you are throwing away, I just found it interesting.

With the wear that the orange pad is showing already, ad the fact that I did not need much pressure or speed to complete this detail, I am wondering if they would hold up for a larger vehicle like an SUV.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to give these a try again on another car on Saturday just to see how long they truly last and cut. While this does not matter on a single use pad, I am doing for my own curiosity.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast