autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which brands are best?

I have used the Eagle one nanotechnology in the past, but I am curious which are the best brands: Mother's, Meguires, Eagle One, or Griot's?
    (for general, personal detailing)
    Any thoughts? Are there better?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which brands are best?

There are tons of brands out there and many of them have better products in various categories than the brands listed. Go to the Autogeek store and look at all the options, there are tons of them. Other brands to look at are Zaino, Zymol, Swissvax, Migliore, Chemical Guys, Adam's, Hi-temp, Sonus, Croftgate, etc etc etc.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will get a lot of different answers to that question. All of the lines that AG carries are quality products. My 2 cents: Optimum, Dura Gloss and Ultima are my favorite lines and comprise the majority of my products.

The Optimum and Ultima lines are not readily available over the counter though,Dura Gloss can be purchased at Car Quest and NAPA Auto Parts, something to consider.

Take advantage of the samples that AG offers and try out some different products to see what you like. We all have our favorites so what works for me may not please you.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my top two brands are Ultima and Finish Kare, but as everyone else stated there is alot to choose from. Perhaps start off with asking yourself what your expectations are..is it durability?,ease of use?, cost of the product, wax or sealant? I chose my brands based on durabilty first, then ease of use, then looks. After a car is well prep MOST waxes or sealants well look great anyway. My list of best brands may not be anyone elses but thats okay because its subjective..eventually you find what you like best.

Post Thanks / Like

There are as many answers and just as much dedication to said answers as if you had asked what dimensions are best for a lady.

Some are better than others and depending on your OCD level of car care, what you like may not be what I like.

If you figure out how picky you want to be (daily driver vs show car) you can narrow down your question which will make it easier to find an answer. I hear the Swisswax for well over a thousand bucks a pop is awsome but until I have my Buggatti, I will have to take others words for it.

Spend some time on these pages and look at the before and after shots that people post and look at the products they used (although skill adds a huge percent) and start your "stuff to try" list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfix View Post
    I think you will get a lot of different answers to that question. All of the lines that AG carries are quality products. My 2 cents: Optimum, Dura Gloss and Ultima are my favorite lines and comprise the majority of my products.

The Optimum and Ultima lines are not readily available over the counter though,Dura Gloss can be purchased at Car Quest and NAPA Auto Parts, something to consider.

Take advantage of the samples that AG offers and try out some different products to see what you like. We all have our favorites so what works for me may not please you.
    I agree. These are probably my tops as well. Definitely Ultima! For polishes I like megs 105, 205, menzerna 85RD, wolfgang TSR. I like a couple of the 303 products also.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmsvw View Post
    I have used the Eagle one nanotechnology in the past, but I am curious which are the best brands: Mother's, Meguires, Eagle One, or Griot's?
    (for general, personal detailing)
    Any thoughts? Are there better?
    First welcome.

You may find that some products work better on certain vehicles than others. Paint hardness varies between car manufaturers and often year of manufacture too. Color of paint may hide mistakes or techique more than others. Some folks have troubles with certain products because of humidity so what works great in a dry desert environment might be terrible in the middle of summer in the Carolinas.

Sometimes technique can make a huge difference in how a product works for some people and if you are just starting out, certain products may be easier to use than others. Note: I write easier to use rather than better or best. Are you doing things manually or do you have power tools?

I wouldn't be too worried about trying just about any of the products offered by AG. Customer service is superb and they stand behind everything they sell. Just like others responding before me, what I prefer may be very different from what you find best.

If you let us know where you live (environment) and what year, make, model, color, condition of the vehicles that you plan to detail and any particular product characteristic that is important (like durabability, finish look, value vs performance, etc.), a number of the guys and gals here should be able to give you a shorter list of products that should work well for you. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I really like:
    Polish: Menzerna products (powergloss, nano polish, power finish 85rd, SIP)
    LSP: Wolfgang (Fuzion / Deep Gloss Paint Sealant)
    Clay: Optimum No-Rinse as clay lube, Pinnacle Poly clay
    Cleaner: Meg's APC+, DP pad cleaner,
    QD: FK425
    Trim: 303 Aerospace, PB World Trim Restore.

I guess I have no loyalties

Post Thanks / Like

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast