autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My ONR and Fuzion Experience

I finally had some time to break out the ONR and Fuzion to see how they did. I must admit that I had really high hopes for the ONR going in based upon the glowing experiences of everyone else.

I started off with a pretty dirty car, I wanted to give ONR a real world challenge with my daily driver after a few rain storms.

Before Pictures:

Looks like I have some clear coat failure

AGH! I want to hurt whoever rubbed against my car.

Getting ready, new gold Cobra microfibers, measured out 2 gallons of water the easy way (on the bathroom scale) and made it nice and hot to keep my hands warm.

Started cleaning with the ONR, starting at the top of the car and going down, re-folding sections of the microfiber as I went. I found it really difficult to work with the microfiber, it kept wanting to bunch up and was difficult to control and lightly drag over the surface.

I was getting a lot of streaking with the ONR, here is an example on the glass:

Example of streaking on the paint

The results of someone rubbing against my car :death stare:

The results of the ONR bucket after finishing the car. I made sure to really scrub the microfiber against the grit guard to try and get all of the dirt loose.

- Conclusion on the ONR - Not really for me. I ended up putting a lot of new scratches in my soft black paint, and I thought it was really difficult to work with. I would not substitute it for a regular wash, and for light dusting I am going to stay with my California duster and FK425 wipe down. I will begin using it as an additive to my regular wash to help prevent scratching, but not alone on it's own.

On to Fuzion!

This was a bit of a splurge on a 20% sale, I love Souveran, but every Wolf Gang product I try is amazing (especially Deep Gloss Paint Sealant), so I wanted to give this a shot. I truthfully had no idea how Fuzion could be better than Souveran, which I consider to be pretty much perfect.

The smell of the product was a bit chemical, and actually smelled pretty similar to ONR though not nearly as strong. Packaging was excellent, no problems getting the wax out to put on a LC red pad.

The first thing that shocked me is how far Fuzion spreads ... this stuff is like butter and keeps going and going and going. It easily spread over 5 times the area I was expecting, I only lightly re-applied to the pad about 3 times to do the entire car. I am thinking it is going to take me a really long time to go through this pot and my free refill (as in years).

Removal was fantastic, right on par with Souveran. I really like WOWO waxes. Unfortunately the sun decided to go away for the next week, so I didn't get any full sun shots. After a week of application I have found a big difference with Souveran and Fuzion in terms of dust attraction. Fuzion is now going to be my go to wax simply because it does not have the amazing dust attraction feature that Souveran has.

TLDR: ONR is not for me, I now love Fuzion and think it is worth the added expense over Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My ONR and Fuzion Experience

Your car was very dirty to begin with, probably a little too dirty for ONR in my opinion. But I'm glad you tried it like that and provided a review with pictures. I do have a question though, did you wipe each panel with ONR then immediately follow with a dry towel? If you go panel by panel like this you shouldn't have any streaking. Thanks for the in depth review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    I finally had some time to break out the ONR and Fuzion to see how they did. I must admit that I had really high hopes for the ONR going in based upon the glowing experiences of everyone else.

I started off with a pretty dirty car, I wanted to give ONR a real world challenge with my daily driver after a few rain storms.

Started cleaning with the ONR, starting at the top of the car and going down, re-folding sections of the microfiber as I went. I found it really difficult to work with the microfiber, it kept wanting to bunch up and was difficult to control and lightly drag over the surface.

Example of streaking on the paint

- Conclusion on the ONR - Not really for me. I ended up putting a lot of new scratches in my soft black paint, and I thought it was really difficult to work with. I would not substitute it for a regular wash, and for light dusting I am going to stay with my California duster and FK425 wipe down. I will begin using it as an additive to my regular wash to help prevent scratching, but not alone on it's own.

On to Fuzion!

This was a bit of a splurge on a 20% sale, I love Souveran, but every Wolf Gang product I try is amazing (especially Deep Gloss Paint Sealant), so I wanted to give this a shot. I truthfully had no idea how Fuzion could be better than Souveran, which I consider to be pretty much perfect.

Removal was fantastic, right on par with Souveran. I really like WOWO waxes. Unfortunately the sun decided to go away for the next week, so I didn't get any full sun shots. After a week of application I have found a big difference with Souveran and Fuzion in terms of dust attraction. Fuzion is now going to be my go to wax simply because it does not have the amazing dust attraction feature that Souveran has.

TLDR: ONR is not for me, I now love Fuzion and think it is worth the added expense over Souveran.
    Hey Legacy,did you already have a LSP on your vehicle before doing the ONR wipe down? I see that you applied a LSP (Fuzion) after your ONR,but how about prior??
    The reason i'm asking is because I have sucessfully used ONR about 10-11 times since purchasing the product and have never had an issue's with my MF wanting to bunch up on me.All thou , I have a coat of sealant (Wolfgang3.0) and 2 coats of nuba(Souveran Paste) over the sealant.I'm thinking having a nice coat of LSP before using a rinseless or waterless product helps the MF glide over the paint much better?
    I also do a section at a time and follow up the ONR section with another clean MF to buff in any hazing/streaking.

I started a thread awhile back showing my finish on my DD (not customers) after a ONR wipedown and had NO new induced swirls/scratches.Like mentioned above,I have used the ONR (and DP rinseless) many times and have found no problems,yet.

I have several tubs and pots of nuba,but have yet to try Fuzion.With your review/opinion on the Fuzion,I know what my next nuba purchase will be.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write-up. I am a traditional garden hose car washer, so these waterless and no-rinse posts are really interesting with actual pictures of the results (especially daily drivers).

Thanks, also, for the Fuzion and Souveran comparison.

I also just started using FK #425 and like it a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't use a MF towel with ONR, use a traditional wash mitt (or MF wash mitt) you'll get a lot better results. If you get streaking, you need to get a new drying towel, the other isn't drying anymore.

I use ONR for 100% of my washes.

Post Thanks / Like

im just guessing here but maybe the reason it streaked is that you didn't use the two bucket wash method? i only see the one bucket. i use two buckets when doing rainless washes and it never streaks and always leaves a clean surface.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely would've taken it to the coin wash or touchless wash first.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used ONR on a black car just as dirty as yours. I used a cobra microfiber chenile wash mitt, and one bucket with the grit gaurd. I didn't experience any streaking with that wash mitt, and it did not seem to instill any swirls either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImpressiveImageDetailing View Post
    Hey Legacy,did you already have a LSP on your vehicle before doing the ONR wipe down?
    Yes, I had WGDGPS, and two coats of Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryukin2000 View Post
    im just guessing here but maybe the reason it streaked is that you didn't use the two bucket wash method? i only see the one bucket. i use two buckets when doing rainless washes and it never streaks and always leaves a clean surface.
    Nope, I only used one bucket. After doing a lot of reading on how other people were using ONR it seemed that 1 bucket was pretty common.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast