autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My ONR and Fuzion Experience

I'll have to parrot what a lot of other ONR users have said. Looking at the OP's pictures , ONR should not of streaked or added any paint problems. I have been useing the 2 bucket method and microfiber towels with excellent results. I do add a little more ONR to the water then required. (2oz to 2gal) I'm thinking of trying the new Opti-mitt soon.But the m/f towels have done great so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post
    I'll have to parrot what a lot of other ONR users have said. Looking at the OP's pictures , ONR should not of streaked or added any paint problems. I have been useing the 2 bucket method and microfiber towels with excellent results. I do add a little more ONR to the water then required. (2oz to 2gal) I'm thinking of trying the new Opti-mitt soon.But the m/f towels have done great so far.
    If I remember right that is twice as much as they say to use on the instructions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    If I remember right that is twice as much as they say to use on the instructions.

YEP ! Seems to make it awful slick. Works ok with 1oz to a gal. You know how us old folks think , if a little is good then a lot is .......... Never mind I was thinking of when I was younger chasing young girls. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post
    YEP ! Seems to make it awful slick. Works ok with 1oz to a gal. You know how us old folks think , if a little is good then a lot is .......... Never mind I was thinking of when I was younger chasing young girls. LOL
    I didn't mean it as if it was something bad, I do tend to use more too...

I actually do the same when I build something, if most people would use 1/4" plywood I use 3/4"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestEnd View Post
    I echo your thoughts completely.

Seems like it's pointless to me. Either QD it for dust or do a full wash. So that eliminates any winter driving NR processes from what I am reading here.

AeroCleanse is the only other person actually washing a car with this technique it seems...
    I prefer ONR over traditional 2 Buckets. However, I like to wash wheels traditional way and then hose off the vehicle. IME ONR adds more gloss than car wash and never marrs my paint. Wont waterspot either! I do a panel at a time and blot dry with an HD Guzzler or two. I like to use standard dilution. I have observed no benefit to over mixing. Just my $.02. I will spray the bugs with Opti Clean or UWW+ and let dwell a few minutes before doing the ONR. I havent needed my Pinnacle Bug Sponge since I started doing this.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

I too use and like microfiber towels versus mitt with ONR. I dont use one quite that thick but one with some nap and plush like the Miracle Towels. The product, ONR, works well even with dirty cars but I still try two bucket (one rinse) as possible. I found it fast enough to use daily in washing the Vette when I needed to use it daily last month.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Where I am, it's well water. So using it to wash a car is counter productive (outside water isn't treated). Also, I can mix up in a bucket ready if I need to wash "in the field". I can use hot water for washing in the cold Wisconsin winters, and keep the salt at bay. I use a microfiber / chenille wash mit I got at the local auto parts store.

I have used it to take off bugs, but I found spraying with Megs SD and a bug sponge took care of the bugs. I will probably switch to TAW in the future.

If you want to learn how to use it correctly, there are plenty of youtube videos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIGQ5hTnj4]YouTube - Washing a Cayenne with ONR[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL5A29qIjnc]YouTube - Washing With 'Optimum No Rinse'[/video]

Just a couple of ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Its not that dirty for a 1 bucket ONR wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I prefer ONR over traditional 2 Buckets.
    Hey Aero and OT,

I am curious, as is the other member I quoted earlier. I really would like to get this technique figured out. I think I would like it. But, it has to be more than just a QD for me to use it.

For my garage queens, I think this is a nice alternative and safer than a full wash, dry. But, for my Expedition running around in the snow, salt this winter, is this effective?

For your results do you just clean off the dust with this? Or to what level of dirty will you use this, as much as the OP? Most posts here argue it was too dirty for ONR?!

I logically see a QD and a full wash distinction. But, it seems reading this thread that QD, ONR and WW are all a fine line of each other. And a dirtier car needs a full two bucket wash.

I may just be seriously missing something and I am trying hard to find it. After all I have two ONR's from a BOGO teasing me constantly to use them. haha

EDIT: AC, I have watched those videos and the cars do not look like a winter DD dirty to me. Or even much more than a few days in good weather.

This topic is driving me mad, MAD! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestEnd View Post
    For my garage queens, I think this is a nice alternative and safer than a full wash, dry. But, for my Expedition running around in the snow, salt this winter, is this effective?

For your results do you just clean off the dust with this? Or to what level of dirty will you use this, as much as the OP? Most posts here argue it was too dirty for ONR?!

EDIT: AC, I have watched those videos and the cars do not look like a winter DD dirty to me. Or even much more than a few days in good weather.
    Here's a link to a thread I contributed to a couple of years ago after my first use of ONR.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post214592

Yeah, it'll work fine on a winter-dirty car. But you lose the needed blasting power from a hose in the wheel wells. I concluded it has it's uses but since I have a heated garage with hot n cold water & drains it doesn't have the value for me as it would for others.

Like the OP, I find ONR kinda smeary on glass. I keep a fresh WW handy to polish the smears off after drying.

My main use of ONR is on motorcycles that aren't cruddy enough to drag out a hose. I keep a spray bottle handy with a stronger-than-QD strength mixed up and use ONR as a spray n wipe type product. I also use it for clay lube and various things around the house. An ONR moistened MF works well for cleaning screens... beats taking 'em out and hosing 'em off and waiting for them to dry. Also handy for wiping off junk in the garage like tool boxes , cabinets etc.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast