autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wagner 905 Steam Cleaner

this is a budget cleaner that i got off amazon for $70.

I sadly dont have many dirty cars to try this on so i was sort of forcing it and the jobs i did use it for although it did them well. were probably just as easy with a rag and some APC.

That said I was impressed. It was not only very easy to use but suprisingly efficient.
    It seems well built for a plastic model.

I tried it on the following

- dirty grout work on my tile floor
    - removing wax residue from a fabric sunroof trim
    - cleaning door jams
    - cleaning wheels

It was very effective in all of these jobs. My tile floors look fantastic. it did a much superior job then a brush and cleaner.

The wheels, i will stick to my wheel cleaners, it was effective but with the right brushes and cleaner it takes longer to set this up then it does to just get down on your knees and scrub.

The sunroof trim. WOW! ive tried everything i can think of on this car. My brotther has had this 80s BMW since i gave it to him when he left for college (I upgraded ) and he got wax in the trim of the sunroof which isnt rubber. its a heavy woven fabric. Ive tried brushes, and chemical, nothing worked. but the steamer with a tooth brush removed it in seconds.

Door jams, cant wait to get my hands on a dirty car. the mild dirt it did remove took second. a quick wipe with a microfiber and presto. New again.

Is this product worth it? For most people, maybe not. Unless you clean sme very dirty interior it may not be worth the money. I have not been able to test it on interior upholstery yet but as most carpet steamers are i imagine it will work very well.

All in all I think it was a good purchase it fulfills my needs nicely. My Father is actually using it to clean the rhino liner on his truck.

We also pan to test it on getting wax off trim (stubborn wax)

I did test it on some wax build up spots on door jams and hard to reach spots and it got it out of there quickly. I used a soft bristle tooth brush for a lot of the jobs.

The Brush tools available with the steamer are extremely stiff and would definitely scratch paint. It also comes with a brass bristled brush for cleaning tile and concrete.

It is a good tool, I cant see spending the $695 for a VX-5000 over this thing. maybe that unit lasts longer and has more pressure, but i can see how that marginal increase in pressure is going to increase its cleaning ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wagner 905 Steam Cleaner

Thanks for the review

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick review. Sounds like it could be a good inexpensive option. I wish that I had it last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking more and more about a steamer ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought this same steam, it came with all sorts of accessories. It just came in today, I will post some before and after pics after I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I just bought this same steam, it came with all sorts of accessories. It just came in today, I will post some before and after pics after I use it.
    The pictures will really help .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the VX-5000 over the week-end, it should be here today! I can hardly wait to try it out!

I have researched steamers for quite some time now (I didn't know AG would be carrying one) and I think the VX-5000 will fit my needs.

Good review on the Wagner 905, you have given me ideas on places to use mine!
    My name is Jeff and I like to make things SHINE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!