autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate

Quote Originally Posted by JCturboT View Post
    Corey,
    Great review!
    I have been using Duragloss soap for about a year now and really like it,especially the extra gloss it leaves behind.

I am curious as to how it stands up to your favorite soap- Ultima Paint Guard Wash.How to they directly compare in slickness,lasting ability,bubbles,etc.

I am close to placing an order for some UPGP and wanted to try some other products from the Ultima line.

I think your next review should be a face-off between UPGP and Optiseal as the battle of the WOWA sealants.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff!

Ultima Paint Guard Wash is slicker

Duragloss bubbles are thicker and they last longer
    Normally lots of bubbles are something that I don't like but the ones produced by DG are an exception for me.

You should definitely try the UPGW. Heres a couple videos although you really have to feel it to get the full experience.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npEqcF9zAIE]YouTube - MVI_2674.AVI[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJHo1Y7WHk]YouTube - MVI_2675.AVI[/video]

A sheeting video after a UPGW rinse. I figured I might as well post this too.

[/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HU80mC3cc]YouTube - MVI_2684.AVI[/url]
    Last edited by CEE DOG; 09-25-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

A sheeting video after a UPGW rinse. I figured I might as well post this too.

Ack! I can't get it to work...

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post

Duragloss bubbles are thicker and they last longer
    Normally lots of bubbles are something that I don't like but the ones produced by DG are an exception for me.
    This is a first. Never heard anyone call DG's bubbles thicker/longer lasting than the Ultima wash.

Need to try the ultima for myself I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    This is a first. Never heard anyone call DG's bubbles thicker/longer lasting than the Ultima wash.

Need to try the ultima for myself I guess.
    It is possible that using the blue cube with DG somehow allowed the suds to hang around more then the mf wash mitt I use with UPGW does... But I don't think so.

To be specific on my observations:
    I fill my bucket to 3 gallons and then add the wash:
    Using 3 oz. of DG CW
    Using 1 oz. of UPGW
    Then mix with my arm.
    Then top off with a spray of water to finish mixing.

Using this same method:

Lasting Longer:
    After equal trips to the bucket I will see the suds dissipate enough to see water in the Ultima bucket before the DG bucket. Of course a quick spray of water would activate a bunch more suds if you wanted them.

Thicker:
    This ones a bit tricky as they both have different quality's that could be called thicker. If referring to the reaction to a dry sponge sitting on the suds or the durability of the bubble (Which I was) then DG CW wins.
    If referring to the thickness of the wall of each bubble (which I wasn't) Ultima wins. The size of each bubble is smaller and spacing closer together with Ultima. The bubbles are more "wet".

I'm starting to regret using that blue cube for the review. It doesn't allow me to compare as easily.
    I need to put a bucket of DG and Ultima next to each other and feel them at the same time but I believe what I said above to be accurate. Hopefully Richard or somebody else that's used both can chime in for a second opinion. As soon as I buy a bottle of DG I'll make a bucket of each and feel them side by side.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I find the Duragloss soap to be more lubricated initially versus Ultima. I however personally find Ultima lasts longer even down the street its still foaming. I think Ultima likely cleans a bit better but can remove some waxes (carnaubas). I swear the Ultima soap smells just like Dial Soap. Both work well with ONR added too, and Duragloss loses a little of its composure when mixed (ie foamy bubbles).

My favorite soaps are still Optimum, Poorboys, Zaino and Duragloss. Ultima and Griots would be a close call too.

I use all in my foam gun and most often a soft thick MF towel for washing.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

You can use 1-1.5 ozs. of 901 and probably be really satisfied still. This will bring the cost per ounce down a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I find the Duragloss soap to be more lubricated initially versus Ultima. I however personally find Ultima lasts longer even down the street its still foaming. I think Ultima likely cleans a bit better but can remove some waxes (carnaubas). I swear the Ultima soap smells just like Dial Soap. Both work well with ONR added too, and Duragloss loses a little of its composure when mixed (ie foamy bubbles).

My favorite soaps are still Optimum, Poorboys, Zaino and Duragloss. Ultima and Griots would be a close call too.

I use all in my foam gun and most often a soft thick MF towel for washing.
    Scott, do you use 3 oz of DG per bucket? Also, do you mix Ultima as directed (3 gallons of water before adding soap) ?

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Scott, do you use 3 oz of DG per bucket? Also, do you mix Ultima as directed (3 gallons of water before adding soap) ?
    I only use about 1 ounce of each and add to my Foam Gun canister which is filled with water (add after to avoid foam). I simply swirl it around, attach to the Dramm 300 and start spraying.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

As always Corey, excellent review Glad to here you like the 901/2. Thank you for taking the time to do it for us

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Now that you remind me, I need to go update that review with current info from Jerry. BTW, ask Tad who sent him some DG soap in the first place... Just kidding Tad! (if you're watching)
    Yes, Richard does get full credit for originally sending me the DG901/2. Thanks Richard, I too love it and think it is one of the best soaps I have ever used
    It is in my top 3 favorites.
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tad! Good to see you back. I hope you had a great time!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345