autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Kwazar Mercury Pro Double Action Spray Bottles

I won the 17 oz and 33 oz Kwazar Mercury Pro Double Action Spray Bottles and wanted to write a quick review.

Here's an introduction thread Dwayne started in late Aug.
    Dwayne's intro thread for Kwazarl

The quality of the bottles are top notch. They will last a long time for a hobbyist like myself. A pro-detailer should get a couple years out of a bottle too. The plastic bottle is thick and pretty strong compared to my other bottles.

I've used the cheap Lowes spray bottles but they are not chemical resistant and chemicals like ARO and DP Wheel Gel have seeped through the bottles. Those Lowes bottles aren't good for many of the products we routinely use detailing cars.
    I also have three SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottles that I use. They are nice but not the same quality of the Kwazar. They are a bit lighter and not as durable compared to the Kwazar.

As Mike's video showed, these sprayers spray when the handle is pulled and released. That cuts your spraying time in half and really is a nice feature.

The Kwazar bottles are transparent and that makes it easy to see how much product is in the bottle. The SprayMaster bottles only have a small window to see how much chemical you have. The markings on the Kwazar bottles are easy to read so you can measure the chemicals easily.

Another neat feature about these bottles are the bottoms. The bottles are very sturdy and stand up well. They won't tip or easily fall over thanks to the bottom of the bottle. Each bottle has a ring that snaps or pops on the bottom to make the bottle stand upright. The Kwazar bottles stand upright better that the SprayMaster.

As for costs, you can buy three SprayMaster bottles for every one 33 oz Kwazar bottle. But what do you need? If you want a strong, quick spraying bottle, that stands upright all the time, you want the Kwazar. If you use a spray bottle a lot, if you dilute your chemicals, and if you want the job done quicker, get the Kwazar. If you are on a tighter budget, you probably want the SprayMaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Kwazar Mercury Pro Double Action Spray Bottles

great review!!! i have them and wouldnt buy anything else!
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

bump old thread with a question to anyone who knows, I'm curious about if the .5 liter one is smaller sized bottle. What I mean is, is it the same roundness and just shorter, or is the actual bottle smaller? Maybe it's just the pictures angle but it looks like it's quite a bit smaller around. I have a few bigger ones and I love them but they're too round to fit in my caddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    bump old thread with a question to anyone who knows, I'm curious about if the .5 liter one is smaller sized bottle. What I mean is, is it the same roundness and just shorter, or is the actual bottle smaller? Maybe it's just the pictures angle but it looks like it's quite a bit smaller around. I have a few bigger ones and I love them but they're too round to fit in my caddy.
    Those pictures are pretty accurate. The .5 liter is 3.5" bottom diameter and 10 3/4" high. The 1 liter is 4.25" bottom diameter and 13" high.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I'm going to try one out with my all purpose degresser hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't think paying the name brand is worth it. Better off picking up any double action sprayer if you're looking for that, although I've moved on to atomizers for clay lube, pre-wash, waterless wash.

Moldavite

i did tried a couple own by local detail shop and i have high hope...
    well all i can say is nothing will last

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moldavite View Post
    i did tried a couple own by local detail shop and i have high hope...
    well all i can say is nothing will last
    Good luck

I just found the bb from when mine broke last week. Now it's back in action.

Moldavite

it's nice sprayer isn't it
    for now i'm checking on the carpro plastic sprayer lol