autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Hyper dressing and #40

Well I mixed a 3:1 ratio of Hyper Dressing and applied it via spray to my rubber floor mats after washing and let it dry. I really like the sheen that it has but it's very slippery, so going to have to find something else to use for the floor mats. Then i used it for the exterior black trim on my 2010 f-150. We had rain over night and the next day I had streaks on my paint from the dressing. I applied it via a foam brush. it looked great until water got on it and made it run. I hope i didnt do anything wrong during the application.

on the other half of the truck I used #40 and applied via a microfiber towel. It looked even better than the hyper dressing but it ran in the rain as well. I also used #40 on the weatherstripping of the doors and that stayed fantastic.

Any tips or tricks or other meguiars product I should try? or is this a problem your going to have no matter what product you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Hyper dressing and #40

Megs Ultimate Protection is a very good & durable trim dressing IME. Ultima is also great. Clean your mats with APC. Any dressing will make mats slippery IMO.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Can not help with the floor mats, but the exterior trim, I say try the Poorboy's World Trim Restorer. I use it on my Element with no streaking problems at all.

You can search on it here and other forums and you will notice it has a strong following of satisfied users.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Protectant is a great option. If you are looking intio longer durability then try some Forever Black Trim Dye.

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking for something trim wise, PB trim restorer is great. Wait a few days or so and top it with a uv protectant and it will look amazing.(So far I like PBTR topped with Optimum opti-bond the best)
    2008 honda cbr1000rr
    2005 mustang gt
    2000 f350

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

For interior dressing, the only non-slick thing I know of is 1Z Cockpit Premium. Anything else leaves more slickness.

For exterior, especially one with the amount of trim a Ford truck has (had one and loved it!), you are going to be hard pressed to find anything for a decent price. All trim detailers will cause streaks, especially being that fresh. For this reason alone I would advise a water based dressing like Hyper Dressing. Getting streaks from All Season Dressing off is harder to some degree.

The best exterior trim dressings are going to be stuff that either hardens, like that Dodo Juice Trim Sealant, or something like Klasse AIO, which, technically, are not really dressings to begin with. They do work great on plastic trim, though. But the rough trim like the bed-rail protectors will just turn white with AIO residue after time since you can't really wipe all the excess off. So a spray on will be necessary. Fade 2 Black or Meg's Trim Detailer, even 303. Light wipe on, dry buff off, and re-apply if needed. Any excess will add to streaking

Or you could use 1Z CP as an exterior dressing! We have used it for engine plastics and very weird plastics on weird cars. Didn't last long, but looked good in the meantime. No streaking since it is so light. 1Z also has an exterior plastic protectant. I can't vouch for its streaking, though, but like other 1Z products, works exceptionally well.

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide