autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Sonax Dashboard Cleaner matte finish

Nice review on Sonax's best product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clm65 View Post
    Great review and pictures! Gee, you don't like Saturns, do you?
    Thank you!
    Got the first Saturn (1997 SL1) in 2000 for about $3,500. It had 85,000 on it. I've got it over 200,000 on it now with still no problems. Was looking for another car a few years ago. Looked at toyotas and hondas in the paper. Was looking like 5 or 6 thousand for those. So I thought my saturn works great why not look at another saturn. Found a 1999 Saturn SL1 with 120,000 miles in great condition for $2,500. We've put about 45,000 miles on that one. No issues either. Then in 06 or 07 a buddy and I were on our lunch break and I saw this car I'd never seen before pulling out of a parking lot. We were both like "What is that?" Pulled up behind it. "Wow, that's a Saturn?" It was the Saturn Sky and was love at first sight. So a couple years later on my birthday (2009) on the way to gatorland my wife and I saw the last 08 on the Saturn lot with $5000 off. On a whim we pulled in and bought it on the way back from gatorland! I'm a saver so I wouldn't have done it if my wife hadn't pushed me. So glad she did! Been thinking about another car to retire one of the old saturns but they run so great I hate to be rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfootwork View Post
    Excellent review. I kinda dig the matte finish but i'm more prone to getting something shiny, but not overly shiny.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Oh no! I forgot to thank you Corey for another great review! I will pass on the Sonax because I have bocoup OPP which looks so similar. I have to try Ultima next!

Quote Originally Posted by detailjohn View Post
    Nice review on Sonax's best product.
    Thank you
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of this product, and as you said, dependent upon the condition of the vehicle, you are able to see how effective this product is. On a very well kept car, its difficult to tell.

I used the Sonax dashboard cleaner on my DD jeep that hardly ever gets cleaned, and I saw how much I truly like this product. It darkened up the interior from the faded, dusty look that it had. And made it look new again. When i used it on the jeep, it was obvious that this is not only a cleaner, but also it seals the materials as well. As the jeep has gone over a month now with no cleaning and is on my job site often, and the matte finish is still there and very little dust has built up. all that is noticeable is the spills and dirt that I have made since cleaning it. very little dust buildup.

I have always used 1z cockpit and still do, as I feel it is the best product for hard plastic like surfaces in the car (and nav screens and whatnot), but imo, the Sonax dashboard cleaner is better when it comes to cleaning strength on soft touch interiors and sealing in the matte finish (along with the anti-static properties).

Post Thanks / Like

cee-dog, if I could suggest a follow up to this review if you get a chance.

I would like to see you compare this product to 1z cockpit on the hard and clear surfaces of the interior. and maybe a test on LCD screen type materials. Those surfaces specifically are the reason 1z cockpit has a loyal following, and where the product is so effective.

If AG has a problem sending you a sample PM me and I will get one out to you.

thx.

Post Thanks / Like

Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you know you are doing something right when you see the word "review" in the title and you automatically know who did it. Thank you for doing all of these great reviews. Makes purchasing much easier....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    cee-dog, if I could suggest a follow up to this review if you get a chance.

I would like to see you compare this product to 1z cockpit on the hard and clear surfaces of the interior. and maybe a test on LCD screen type materials. Those surfaces specifically are the reason 1z cockpit has a loyal following, and where the product is so effective.

If AG has a problem sending you a sample PM me and I will get one out to you.

thx.
    Thank you. I do have a little 1Z CP left from what my buddy Tad sent me. I'll try to get some time to do that. If you don't see it up soon just Pm me and give me a reminder please.

Quote Originally Posted by tfullercdi View Post
    Wow, you know you are doing something right when you see the word "review" in the title and you automatically know who did it. Thank you for doing all of these great reviews. Makes purchasing much easier....
    Thank you!! That means a lot!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

thank you.

and thx for all great reviews. Its helped me select some products.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review/comparison!!

I think I like UIGP because it give it a more wet and darker look. But Sonax is also nice if you don't want that extra shine, more natural look.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of pictures, well written and honest. you are the man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123