autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

303, KAIO, Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Griot's Wheel Cleaner etc...

I have been buying wash tools, towels, and put together a good order from AutoGeek. Here is a review of the products I bought and used.

Well I did my first wash and wax on my new 2010 GMC Savana AWD. It went well over all as I was doing it for the first time and it is a big vehicle and i use a wheelchair and had some hurdles to over come as in reaching up to the top of the wall to put polish on and to get polish off.

I used Griot's Shampoo which was OK nothing special. I couldn't really get it to suds. I poured 64oz bottles of hot water into a bucket and used a pressure washer at a nice new coin op place. I will buy the Meg's Gold Class next time I am @ Target. They have it for $6 for a jug. I doubt I will buy more Griot's.

I used a Target MF mitt and never got to my new Mother's Lambswool mitt!! I will try it next time. The Target orange MF mitt did just fine.

I used these Walmart extension MF washing poles that worked great for up high which is out of reach. They extend and are made of nice MF. To polish off the Klass I put a Walmart MF towel over them and they buffed off the Klasse very easily.

To apply KAIO up high I used a Walmart sponge mop with a Rejuvenate MF bonnet over the sponge. It worked very well. The Klasse AIO is outstanding. It goes on easy and off easy. I applied it where I could reach with a Walmart sponge Micro fiber applicator which worked OK. The Klasse AIO is great. I will definitely buy more. I didn't get around to the Klasse Sealant Glaze i bought or the Finish Kare 1000P. I will use the Klasse SG after the next wash in a few weeks.

I used Poor Boys Wheel Sealant which was vying for star of the show against the KAIO. The PB WS was very nice stuff. It smells like bubble gum. It goes on real easy with a MF applicator and comes off real easy with a MF towel. I really like it and will buy more.

I did the windows with the Stoners Reach and Clean tool and the aerosol Stoners Glass Cleaner. Excellent Products. The van has a deep diving dash that is impossible to reach. This spray cleaner and tool KICK ASS on windows. I highly recommend this combo. The cleaner works great with little to no streaking and really cleans glass. The tool also gets the job done getting into those nooks and crannies that you can't reach.

For drying the vehicle the Cobra Waffle Weave MF towel combo was fantastic! I never got to the littler one as the big one soaked up an entire van. It dried the van and was still dry and didn't even need to be rung out. Amazing towel. For washing a nice MF wash mitt from Target which did great. It rinsed easy and left a lot of dirt at the bottom of my rinse bucket. For polishing I used Target and Walmart MF towels which are of the highest quality at a lower price. They worked great and are soooooo soft and plush. They can't be beat. They buffed off the Klasse AIO with ease and really brought out the shine. I used an OTC target MF towel to polish off the Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. It was a nice orange on one side gray on the other small MF towel. I used the soft plush orange side on my chrome ATCX Assaults. They really removed and polished great, next time I will try the gray side.

Oh yeah I almost forgot the 303!!! This product stole the show beating out the KAIO and the PB WS. I have chrome bumpers on the van with the black plastic tops they put on front and back. I have a few week old vehicloe that I park outside in a carport and those black plastic bumper tops get the sun. No way you can help it. That GM plastixc turns white real fast once it dries out and that seems to be a matter of weeks. I used the 303 and a porous small 2" sponge. I did my WHOLE DAMN VEHICLE with this stuff. Bumpers, Dash, Doors, plastic trim on the side and rear cargo doors, all over. It is a long job but the dash alone was worth it. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!. IF YOU HAVE PLASTIC and want it to be UV protected and shine then get this 303. Spray on wipe off. Rub it around a little. Goes on easy and really enhances the appearance of plastic. And there is A LOT of plastic on pickups and vans, suv's. I find that waxing the paint doesn't even get this Savana to look good unless the plastic is hit with the 303. Then the vehicle looks outstanding. I highly recommend it especially with anyone thatr has a GM pickup, van or SUV with the black plastic on your bumpers.....that are likely turning dull white. Even if you don't.... get this 303 for your plastic anywhere. I use it on plastic kayak float bags, flylines, wiper blades, door handles, flylines all kinds of uses.

BEST PRODUCT: 303 Protectant

2nd BEST PRODUCT: A tie between KAIO and PBWS.

3rd BEST PRODUCT: This is a combo tie Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner and Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool.

Great Product: Walmart extension MF brush

Worst Product: Autogeek Wool polishing Balls 5" and 3"

Biggest Disappointment: Griot's Wash/Shampoo

2nd Biggest Disappointment Griot's Wheel Cleaner.

REAL NICE PRODUCTS: Mother's Tire Brush and Wheel Brush Combo, Walmart and Target Micro Fiber towels, Stoners Invisible Glass cleaner and Reach and Clean Tool .

GREAT Product: Cobra The Guzzler Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel Combo Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303, KAIO, Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Griot's Wheel Cleaner etc...

Excellent review and a super great read! Thanks for sharing it!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

I will post pics in a few weeks when I wash and wax again.
    Then I will use and review the Klasse Sealant Glaze and maybe the Finish Kare 1000P.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah.
    Let me state why I didn't like the Griot's.

GRIOT'S Car SHAMPOO.
    The shampoo is nice. It just wasn't anything special. I didn't see the price/value there. It works. It smells nice but it is $$$ and it didn't do anything special. I will look for a new product. I will try the Meguiar's Gold Class when the Griot's runs out.

Griot's GARAGE Wheel Cleaner:
    It did OK but I seem to have used a LOT of product to cover all of the wheel. It wasn't anything special and I will try something else and to try and find a better value. I want to find a better value that does as good or even better and I believe I will. I am going to try the Mother's Tire and Wheel cleaner next. I have had good luck with their chrome polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing. Makes me want to try even more those that i don't have yet.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review 1flyfisher, I was looking at those gray and orange towels at Target and they had sheddings of the material all over them but I was intriged at how soft they felt. Did yours leave behind lint at all and did you wash them before use or just use them right out of the pack?

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised by two offerings, Griots Wheel Cleaner and Polishing Balls. I use both and love them.

Griots Wheel Cleaner --- safe , effective, but some agitation is required. Use full strength.

Polishing Balls --- I used the smaller one for exhaust tips prior to using 0000 Steel Wool. They quickly cut thru dirt/grime, and wash up pretty well but stain (discolor) quickly.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have had no issues with any tint or pieces coming off. They have been great. Same with the walmart blur/gray mf towels. Good stuff.
    I use the orange ones for the lower areas of my vehicle. I use them to buff off the KAIO and KSG from the bottom of the vehicle.
    The larger walmart blue towels I use for buffing the upper areas of my Savana.

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Thanks for the review 1flyfisher, I was looking at those gray and orange towels at Target and they had sheddings of the material all over them but I was intriged at how soft they felt. Did yours leave behind lint at all and did you wash them before use or just use them right out of the pack?

Post Thanks / Like

After applying a coating of Poorboys wheel sealant the wheels came clean very easily. I used a lot less Griot's wheel cleaner this time. The wheels came clean nicely.
    The griot's did an ok job this time but I think I can find something as good for less.
    I will try Mother's wheel cleaner next.
    Poor boys WS is great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I am surprised by two offerings, Griots Wheel Cleaner and Polishing Balls. I use both and love them.

Griots Wheel Cleaner --- safe , effective, but some agitation is required. Use full strength.

Polishing Balls --- I used the smaller one for exhaust tips prior to using 0000 Steel Wool. They quickly cut thru dirt/grime, and wash up pretty well but stain (discolor) quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent 4 hours busting a$$ last night detailing my Savana. I started at 5 at a nice new hand wash place, and got done around 9. Washed and put on some KAIO and KSG.

The Klasse Sealant Glaze is a very nice product. I had no issues with it whatsoever. It went on very easy and came off very easy. I did the front hood, side doors and rear doors, I was too tired to do anything else.
    I squirted a swirl on a mf pad and that would do a 3X3 area like a door. Nice stuff. I highly recommend. I don't know why people have said it can be finicky. I liked it and will get more. I think I will do another coating in a few days.

I used my Mother's Lambs wool wash mitt for the first time. Great product. It held soapy suds much better than the orange target mf wash mitt. Way more soap. I'd dip the MF wash mitt and it would not hold the suds. The Lamb's wool would be super soapy after I dipped it in the bucket. Great wash mitt. I rinsed it in the sink after I got home and squeezed out the water. Seems to be drying fast.

I went 4 wheelin on memorial day at the lake. There is tons of dirt and sand and dust, The area all around the lake is very dusty. My van was coated. The wheels cleaned off easily with some light scrubbing and a squirt of wheel cleaner. The PBWS worked to shed the dust.

The 303 on the bumpers cleaned up nicely. They were coated with dust and dirt. I rinsed them and washed with griot;s shampoo and also some Meg;s Gold class in my rinse bucket. The bumpers seemed to have retained some protection from the 303. They still look good and I don;t need a reapplication of the 303. So that says something. I will let them go for now and see how they weather and what more the 303 protection has and how long it lasts.

I bought some meguiar's Gold Class Car wash shampoo at walmart for $5 a jug. I put some in my wash mitt rinse bucket. It soaped up nicely and I liked it a lot. It was as good or better than the Griot's shampoo and at $5 it is a great deal for a great product.

Oh yeah I forgot. I clayed the hood with Meg;s clay kit. I bought their clay kit with the spray and towel. It seems ok. I went and did a plastic bag test today and the paint still felt a bit rough like a bit gritty. When I pass my hand over the paint it feels smooth. So I have no idea what to think. I have never used clay before. I would spray a bit of the spray and rub the clay on the hood swirling it around. The hood looks great with the KAIO and KSG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast