autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be taken for a Ride!!!!

I posted on these forums over a year ago about some new detailing products available at our local Zellers. ( Think Canadian Target ) The pricing was not cheap and I passed thinking that the price will have to come down to move this merchandise. Well finally, I entered the store and the whole lot of Voodoo Ride stuff was gone. Well they have a clearance store in the same mall and sure enough that where they ended up. Half price on everything, so I bought the wheel cleaner and tire dressing. Live and learn, not great stuff. Even at half price I feel a little ripped off. Looks like they spent their money on fancy packaging and snappy directions but cared little about product performance. Wheel cleaner not very aggressive and virtually no effect on tires. Dressing slings and doesn't wear well. Avoid Voodoo RIde, you can do better with real detailing products.

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don't be taken for a Ride!!!!

I also saw Voodoo Ride's products at WalMart here in Quebec but I never bought any of those. Now I'm 100% sure that I never will.
    Thanks for the info.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree with the comments on Voodoo Ride products. I tried several when they came on to the market a few years ago, and have since worked with the entire brand line. One of my business interests is a marine and auto detailing company, and have been actively involved and testing products for over 10 years. During this time, I've tried just about everything available, both cheap and expensive. While there might be better products available (and much more expensive) I've found Voodoo Ride extremely effective and easy to use. The two products mentioned in the earlier post, Shoq Wheel & Tire Cleaner and Hypd, Tire Finish, are two of my favorite products that Voodoo Ride offers. The wheel and tire cleaner does a great job on both rubber and any type wheel surface that I've used it on. There are stronger products out there, but that's whey I like Shoq...does the job and is safe without cheap, harsh acids. I've also used it on the clear coat to remove tar...and even on my carpet, as it's a great all around cleaner. The tire finish is extremely good, and far superior to any other off the shelf tire finish that I've used. It drys to the touch in seconds and lasts for weeks, and through many car washes...with just slight degrading. My favorite Voodoo Ride product is Mojo all surface detailer. It may be the best all around (detailer) product that I've ever used. You can use it on any surface (exterior and interior) and leaves a clean, protected finish without any greasy residue like most cheaper products. I'ts slighly more expensive than typical detailers, but it can be used in many more ways, and goes a long way. I'm a huge fan of Voodoo Ride....as I think they got it right....fast, effective and easy to use. CJF

Post Thanks / Like

Spam?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"CJF

Nothing more to add....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheGLL View Post
    "CJF

Nothing more to add....

Post Thanks / Like

Not to ruffle any feathers here but I call it as I see it. Compared to say Amazing Roll Off I saw no brown at all rolling off the tires. Simple Green or Castrol Purple seemed to work better on the wheels and they aren't even dedicated wheel cleaners. I must admit I am used to more of the gel style wheel dressing but I have used other liquids in the past and the Voodoo Ride was no better then the cheapest I have tried before.

I would not put Voodoo Ride in the boutique class for sure, well except for their MSRP.

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

most crowded state in the world NEW JERSEY
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a drive by

Mike Phillips

Here's the link to our forum rules,

Forum Rules

And here's #4

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner. REMEMBER this forum is here for those that are new to detailing and those that have been doing this for years. We expect that you treat everyone with respect no matter what their level of detailing is. We all had to start somewhere.

And anytime you see something on the forum that breaks forum rules, simply hit the "Report" button as shown here,

What to do when you see a problem on the forum

Thank you and closed for the night...