Hi all,

Back at the end of december I did a full detail on my 2023 GLI. Clay, iron decon, polish, gyeon paint prep, etc. I didnt have the garage time, or the weather to do a full ceramic coating like i wanted. Normally, i would go with Griots 3 in 1 ceramic wax, but this time I tried the 303 Graphene nano coating. Here are my thoughts.

1. Application.

Application is really straight forward, it almost applies more like a wax than a coating. Wipe it on, let it haze and wipe off. it reminded me of wiping off a caranuba wax. Because of the Grapehene the haze is gray, and its easy to see if you miss anywhere. I did 2 coats over the entire car, and 3 coats in certain places. 303 says you see benefits up to 3 coats. I use a microfiber applicator and buffed off.removal was easy. No complaints here. about as easy as it gets.

2. Smell. It doesnt smell good, AT ALL. I say this because some products in this category offer a pleasant smell. Scent is important to me, but it might not be for you. I like to include it as a metric.

3. Durability, so far its been pretty good, but its a 1 year coating, with 3 coats, and I definitely see parts of my car appearing to bead water less. I wash weekly with a good coating specific shampoo. This could be the toppers ive been using. I am going to avoid using a topper for about a month and see what happens

4. Water beading
Its insane, crazy tight beads, just what you expect from a graphene product

5. Gloss. Gloss with this product is pretty good, nothing insane, but its definitely good.

6. Smoothness.
It was smooth for a day or too, but it doesnt hold the slickness. Other products ive used, including spray caranuba, meguairs spray wax, griots 3 in 1, etc etc etc, all have slickness i can notice on my next wash. My toppers that ive used have also held slickness longer than the base coating.

7 Foibles:
Here is the weird part. when washing the car i notice little areas of what look like graphite debris. Areas i KNOW were clean when i last washed the car, The coating appears to shed, or something and leaves dark gray spots in places like around the door handle and on fender flares. Its not the normal dirt on the car. I also noticed it didnt happen after i added a topper. maybe its because of the 3 coats, not sure. its definitely annoying.

All in all, for the price, its not a bad product. it has good water beading, and good gloss.the smell isnt good, and it has some wierd spotting issues, but otherwise, a solid choice.