autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Wolgang SI02 product line?

I am curious to here from those who have tested the Wolfgang SI02 Sealant in the past, or just recently have used the product for a while. I am curious about the experience and real world durability? I know there were a couple of solid reviews when the product was first released here, but I have not heard any feedback lately on the forum. I am also curious about the user experience of the Wolfgang rinseless and waterless wash products?

Fun fact, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0., was my first paint protection product used (many years ago ).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolgang SI02 product line?

I used it. Other than, IMO, the original was more "slick" I did not see a difference from original WDGPS. Matter of fact, I bought another bottle of the original shortly there after.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the uber ceramic spray coating and the sio2 rinseless concentrate.

The ceramic spray coating has more staying power than a regular sio2 spray sealant but isn't quite as stout as something like gyeon cancoat. I got around 6 months out of it before the beading really started to tail off. Slickness is minimal. Extremely easy to use, just top it off every 3 months or so and you're golden.

The sio2 concentrate smells fantastic, almost like a cotton candy scent according to my nose. I've used it as a rinseless a few times and have been happy with it. Cleans well, has nice lubrication, leaves the surface very smooth, and the gloss is marvelous. I've also diluted it as a detail spray/waterless wash/drying aid and have enjoyed using it in that capacity as well.

4. Likes PaulMys, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the Wolfgang sealant and Jescar Ultra Lock Plus and Meguiar's M27 to all be related. Easy to apply and remove and are really decent products. Yes Cancoat and others may be more durable, but the sealants are good products. I am using M27 and wash with Megiars si02 soap and top with their si02 sprays and am getting results I like. Topping up the beading is always acting fresh, so the durability part I can't judge, I'm regularly refeeshing in some way. But I feel the sealants are an easy to use product. For years I used Meguiar's Ultimate wax and topped with UQW. Kinda think Jescar Ultra Lock and Wolfgang sealant are all cousins, just like the si02 products are to each other. I liked the step to M27.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got 6 months outside on a truck with the Wolfgang Spray Ceramic Coating. Truck might have been washed once by hand and a couple times at a coin op.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Wolfgang SIO2 Paint sealant three times now and I really like it!

I've posted two of the reviews here a couple years ago (one on a black Cayenne and a black BMW 435i). Great experiences both times with amazingly simply application and above average durability on daily driven vehicles.

I recently bought a new vehicle and due to the weather needed to protect it until I could apply a coating when the weather warms up. I grabbed my Bottle of SIO2 Paint Sealant without even thinking about it. The experience so far is the same as the other two times I used it. Very easy application, great look, and coating-like water behavior. It's only been a couple months, so durability isn't a factor and don't see why it would be any different this time around.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I recently used the Wolfgang SiO2 paint sealant on my truck and my wife's SUV. I thought application and removal were both incredibly easy. Only issue I had was I used my DA to apply it to my truck and it took me forever to get it all out of the pad - in fact I gave up and threw it away. For my wife's car, I used a foam applicator I bought at a local supply shop and it was just as easy to apply, if not easier.

My truck sits outside and is still beading water (I applied it in late October).

I have no experience with the original WDGPS, but I can give a thumbs up to the SiO2 paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waddell64 View Post
    I recently used the Wolfgang SiO2 paint sealant on my truck and my wife's SUV. I thought application and removal were both incredibly easy. Only issue I had was I used my DA to apply it to my truck and it took me forever to get it all out of the pad - in fact I gave up and threw it away.
    I have the same problem, but its the same thing for any sealant I've applied with my DA. Rather than tossing the pad I keep it and it's now my designated "sealant pad". The pad I use is so soft it has no other purpose, so it works out well. I just don't expect it to be very clean.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got about 6 months out of Wolfgang SCC outside 24/7.