autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another SLAM DUNK! Bilt Hamber Surfex-hd Surfex HD

I heard so much press in the way of BH Touchless and Auto Foam I finally had to try it. I soon realized why!
    Today I had the perfect interior to give the Surfex-HD a thorough once over. decided to use it on my cars interior. I’ve been using P&S Int. Express as my go to.
    I diluted 1.25 oz to 32 oz in a Tornador Jar. I do want to mention something to be very cautious about. This stuff doesn't fool around! It's HIGHLY DILUTED!!! They advise 10-1 exterior and 50-1 interior. I first mixed it on the stronger side and noticed it left some drip discoloring. Luckily I noticed it right away and doubled the dilution. My car has never been as neglected and filthy since I turned it into my dogs Uber in the rear. He pretty much goes everywhere with me. Had to keep him tied up the whole time just to keep him from jumping in!
    Now the honest truth about good old BH. It was unlike any APC or interior cleaner I have ever used. I wasn’t at all expecting it to actually change the way I have ever cleaned car interiors for the last 30+ years.
    I have never used anything on interior that reacts quite like this stuff did. I would best describe it like the way an IPA works at removing glue residue off of glass. Or baby oil on tar. It just dissolved everything in it’s path!
    I had areas on the leather similar to dried sap. I just hit it with the gun and it just dissolved. Just a follow up wipe and done. Same went with the carpet! It was pure bliss!
    The smell was very similar to there Touchless and I actually like it. Not your normal sweet smell but a very unique clean and sterile smell. Almost similar to a baby oil in some way.
    Interiors has never been my strong suit nor my favorite part of detailing. But after I was finished with the rear I felt that I have never taken on such a pig pen and had is so easy! I literally put zero elbow grease into it, other than to wipe down and dress.
    Best way I can describe is, a Touchless for interiors
    I truly hope if you every try it out you will feel the same way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another SLAM DUNK! Bilt Hamber Surfex-hd Surfex HD-lincon-jpg   Another SLAM DUNK! Bilt Hamber Surfex-hd Surfex HD-lincoln-jpg  

2. Likes CleanIT, FrankBardani, Prange, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another SLAM DUNK! Bilt Hamber Surfex-hd Surfex HD

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack, evo77, Danube liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I had just walked in and was so geeked on what I had just tried. I was a little zealous and to tired to write. Thanks for the heads up

6. Likes 2black1s, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Koch Chemie Polstar looks like a real gem for interiors and their greenstar has great value too. I have greenstar it has a very mild smell and at 1:10 cleans really well.

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Koch Chemie Polstar looks like a real gem for interiors and their greenstar has great value too. I have greenstar it has a very mild smell and at 1:10 cleans really well.
    Pol Star is a great leather cleaner too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Funny you mention that. I was just looking at it tonight after someone asked about it. But seriously Noorth it's game over for me. This BH Surfex had me really thinking of all the time and energy I saved! I went to there website after trying to see if there was anything else I can try.lol

11. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I heard so much press in the way of BH Touchless and Auto Foam I finally had to try it. I soon realized why!
    Today I had the perfect interior to give the Surfex-HD a thorough once over. decided to use it on my cars interior. I’ve been using P&S Int. Express as my go to.
    I diluted 1.25 oz to 32 oz in a Tornador Jar. I do want to mention something to be very cautious about. This stuff doesn't fool around! It's HIGHLY DILUTED!!! They advise 10-1 exterior and 50-1 interior. I first mixed it on the stronger side and noticed it left some drip discoloring. Luckily I noticed it right away and doubled the dilution. My car has never been as neglected and filthy since I turned it into my dogs Uber in the rear. He pretty much goes everywhere with me. Had to keep him tied up the whole time just to keep him from jumping in!
    Now the honest truth about good old BH. It was unlike any APC or interior cleaner I have ever used. I wasn’t at all expecting it to actually change the way I have ever cleaned car interiors for the last 30+ years.
    I have never used anything on interior that reacts quite like this stuff did. I would best describe it like the way an IPA works at removing glue residue off of glass. Or baby oil on tar. It just dissolved everything in it’s path!
    I had areas on the leather similar to dried sap. I just hit it with the gun and it just dissolved. Just a follow up wipe and done. Same went with the carpet! It was pure bliss!
    The smell was very similar to there Touchless and I actually like it. Not your normal sweet smell but a very unique clean and sterile smell. Almost similar to a baby oil in some way.
    Interiors has never been my strong suit nor my favorite part of detailing. But after I was finished with the rear I felt that I have never taken on such a pig pen and had is so easy! I literally put zero elbow grease into it, other than to wipe down and dress.
    Best way I can describe is, a Touchless for interiors
    I truly hope if you every try it out you will feel the same way
    Couple of things....first...good lookin' pooch there. Second....agree with you totally about Surfex HD. I had been an OPC user for years, but this stuff changed that. I looked over what I'd bought this year for detailing, and went through a gallon of OPC in less than a year. Not only is Surfex strong and versatile, it is also a great value.

13. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard nothing but great things about Sufex HD. BH is a great brand.

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I get the right conditions.....gonna test Surfex as a prewash vs. Touchless

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Surfex a bit lately, but not on cars.

This chainsaw was in a state of neglect. Typically, you would be using a harsh solvent of some kind to deal with this, either a heavy duty aerosol degreaser or kerosene. In both cases, the smell of those is off putting for me.

Surfex is water based and relatively odorless, making it much nicer to use. It's also highly dilutable but also able to be used neat if desired. Considering what I was dealing with, in this case I used Surfex at 1:1 -

As you can see in the background, I had both degreaser and kerosene on hand, but didn't need either. I also found soaking parts in the Surfex really helped the process.

The results turned out better than expected....................this chainsaw is 37 years old by the way!

So not entirely relevant to car detailing, but it certainly shows the capability of the product. It's now a when dealing with this sort of thing.

17. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209, Danube, Prange, Loach, AMarkham40 and 1 others liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast