autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a top tier glass sealant repellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    How is the durability? I’ve looked at it but one test I saw it didn’t last long at all.
    If that question is for me, I applied it in August and although not as good as when it was fresh, it’s still allowing us to avoid the wiper under most rainy conditions. Very light rain seems to require wipers but medium intensity will roll off as long as the car has some speed.

The application is so easy that one could just apply more often. The container has a lot of product and will last several applications.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I’ve been using Gyeon Quick View on my wife’s car and it works well. Considering it was the easiest glass sealant to apply I’ve tried, pretty happy with it. Once the winter passes I’ll reapply.
    How long does that stuff seem to last for ya b4starting to notice it petering out?I just snagged some to try out, smeared it on last night. Its gonna be raining today so cant wait to test it out.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got Gtechniq G1 on my glass right now and I still see it even after 6 months but I think I’m going back to Kamikaze Glass Coat as it is he best I’ve used. Blackfire Glasspro was definitely not good. And the sealants usually only last a few weeks.

4. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    How long does that stuff seem to last for ya b4starting to notice it petering out?I just snagged some to try out, smeared it on last night. Its gonna be raining today so cant wait to test it out.

It's still there albeit not feeling as fresh as it did when applied. If you wipe the glass after a wash with same drying aid or even a glass cleaner with some repellent in it, you might not even notice a degradation months later. Once the weather is warmer I will re-apply. It's pretty warm now but like you said, raining.
    Bruno Soares

6. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still there albeit not feeling as fresh as it did when applied. If you wipe the glass after a wash with same drying aid or even a glass cleaner with some repellent in it, you might not even notice a degradation months later. Once the weather is warmer I will re-apply. It's pretty warm now but like you said, raining.
    When did you apply it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    When did you apply it?
    Mid August. Like I said, you can tell there’s something there but it’s not what it used to be. I think reapplying every 3 months would be ideal. It’s super easy to do.
    Bruno Soares

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Gyeon Quick View and have been using it on both garage queens and daily drivers since it was released.

Stated longevity for Quick View is said to be up to 6 months. I have seen it last 2 months on a daily driver with minimal maintenance and heavy use of the wipers. On the flip side, I still have it performing on my personal daily driver after 10 months.

How long it lasts will come down to preparation, maintenance, environmental and storage conditions. For context, although garaged overnight, the daily driver is often parked in the sun all day long and exposed to all conditions. I also don't overuse or dry-wipe the wind shield. 10 months and still performing is pretty decent for a product with a stated 6-month durability.

I clay the glass first before a wipe down with Eraser or Prep.

The big selling point of Quick View is the integrated felt applicator, making it very simply to use.

The cap on my bottle actually welded itself in place, meaning I need to apply it to a separate microfiber applicator. Either way, wipe the product on in circular motions and leave it to cure for 15-20 minutes.

For the residue removal, soak a microfiber towel in water and wring it out until just damp. Use this to wipe away the residue. I then follow this up with my normal glass cleaning process to leave a clear, streak free finish (the glass cleaner won't strip the product by the way).

From then onwards, I simply use some of my chosen drying aid to maintain it. If you don't use a drying aid, then just apply something like Bead Maker every month or two. And even if you don't do either of those things, re-applying Quick View is so dam easy anyway.

11. Likes opie, Bruno Soares, Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I really like Gyeon Quick View and have been using it on both garage queens and daily drivers since it was released.

Stated longevity for Quick View is said to be up to 6 months. I have seen it last 2 months on a daily driver with minimal maintenance and heavy use of the wipers. On the flip side, I still have it performing on my personal daily driver after 10 months.

How long it lasts will come down to preparation, maintenance, environmental and storage conditions. For context, although garaged overnight, the daily driver is often parked in the sun all day long and exposed to all conditions. I also don't overuse or dry-wipe the wind shield. 10 months and still performing is pretty decent for a product with a stated 6-month durability.

I clay the glass first before a wipe down with Eraser or Prep.

The big selling point of Quick View is the integrated felt applicator, making it very simply to use.

The cap on my bottle actually welded itself in place, meaning I need to apply it to a separate microfiber applicator. Either way, wipe the product on in circular motions and leave it to cure for 15-20 minutes.

For the residue removal, soak a microfiber towel in water and wring it out until just damp. Use this to wipe away the residue. I then follow this up with my normal glass cleaning process to leave a clear, streak free finish (the glass cleaner won't strip the product by the way).

From then onwards, I simply use some of my chosen drying aid to maintain it. If you don't use a drying aid, then just apply something like Bead Maker every month or two. And even if you don't do either of those things, re-applying Quick View is so dam easy anyway.
    Very well written review of it, thanks. I had let it set for 10-15 minutes...then just used a mf towel that was hit with 2 spritz of gyeon cure. Came out squeeky clean.

Side note. When i recieved this product...i opened it and could tell some of the product had somehow leaked from the bottle(not sure that i lost much product but still). I contacted the company i got it from. They gave me options to rectify the situation... i chose full refund plus 20% in store credit. Worked out cuz i had originally got quick view 25% off!

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well written review of it, thanks. I had let it set for 10-15 minutes...then just used a mf towel that was hit with 2 spritz of gyeon cure. Came out squeeky clean.

Side note. When i recieved this product...i opened it and could tell some of the product had somehow leaked from the bottle(not sure that i lost much product but still). I contacted the company i got it from. They gave me options to rectify the situation... i chose full refund plus 20% in store credit. Worked out cuz i had originally got quick view 25% off!

These type of glass chemicals seem to be very harsh on sprayers and bottles. I have a similar product from another brand that was eating through sprayers within a week. I'm fairly sure that when they dry, they set like a rock and then prevent the sprayer from working, or in Quick Views case, gluing the cap shut.

15. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    These type of glass chemicals seem to be very harsh on sprayers and bottles. I have a similar product from another brand that was eating through sprayers within a week. I'm fairly sure that when they dry, they set like a rock and then prevent the sprayer from working, or in Quick Views case, gluing the cap shut.
    Good to know, ill keep an eye on that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast