autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

DeWALT DCBL722B 20V MAX

Got this little guy for under $100. It’s 125 mph and 450 CFM. I already had at least a half a dozen batteries from all my other tools to fit it so I thought I’d give it a shot! I am more than pleased with the performance. I’ll post a better video later, but if anyone is looking for something that’s not $400 and it’s pretty light half of the weight is just the battery and the stubby nozzle I got on Amazon for $35 I did the video of it just kicking, because I thought it was funny how it kicks so hard! Much more air than I was expecting. It has an automatic lock button to it’s really cool the way it works from the top but you just pull the trigger for variable. More than enough to get the job done!

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DeWALT DCBL722B 20V MAX

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Got this little guy for under $100. It’s 125 mph and 450 CFM. I already had at least a half a dozen batteries from all my other tools to fit it so I thought I’d give it a shot! I am more than pleased with the performance. I’ll post a better video later, but if anyone is looking for something that’s not $400 and it’s pretty light half of the weight is just the battery and the stubby nozzle I got on Amazon for $35 I did the video of it just kicking, because I thought it was funny how it kicks so hard! Much more air than I was expecting. It has an automatic lock button to it’s really cool the way it works from the top but you just pull the trigger for variable. More than enough to get the job done!

Yeah but it won’t blow the car clean like the Ego’s. Tried a cheaper solution and it wasn’t the same.

I did see those stubbie’s on Amazon. How’s the fit? It is made well/sturdy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Flash Gordon, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah but it won’t blow the car clean like the Ego’s. Tried a cheaper solution and it wasn’t the same.

I did see those stubbie’s on Amazon. How’s the fit? It is made well/sturdy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plenty of power but it needs an attachment.
    Also not a fan of battery operated tools because of the added weight. I'm sure in time that will get better
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Specs don't lie. Of course it's no EGO!
    I was just hoping it would be good for window seals,wheels,mirrors and grills and replace my mini Dewalt blower comparable to a sidekick.
    I found it for $98 bare tool. Stubbie is really nice! Well made sturdy and the band in front is solid! I like the size and shape most of all and the fit is the same as the OEM it came with. As for the strength, I was more than impressed! Not sure if it has allot to do with the funneling effect of the short and small hole on the nozzle. But this little donkey KICKS! It had more than enough air to do a pretty decent job. The redeeming quality for me was the size & weight 5lbs.dry. Also it never lost power while I was circling the car. When I was done I was sure the battery would show 1 bar 2 max. It still was at 3 bars. This was on a s560 and that's no Prius. Finally I have all Dewalt tools and have a pile of these 20volts. I actually prefer the generic 5-6amps there super cheap and seem much stronger and last longer. I learned this when I use to use my Dewalt cordless rotary. I know if you've been eyeing the Ego's like I have for the last few months and just aren't ready to pull the trigger on one, I feel this would make anyone stoked on there purchase! It did for me
    I haven't had time to do an actual demo of it drying a UN coated car but will shortly and post it.