autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating

This is a review of the new Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating. I wanted to say thank you to PBMG for their kindness is sending this product out to me for review. I have been using this product for about 2 weeks and have applied it to 3 vehicles so far and have been very happy with the ease of use and results.

I have been applying glass coatings since they were released and can say they have come along way. Glass coatings have evolved from a product that was difficult to apply, could cause streaking if not applied properly, questionable durability, and possible wiper chatter. The good news is that Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating seems to have alleviated many of these issues. Wolfgang claims that the coating does not require a cure time (a huge plus) and has durability that will last up to one year.

Product Description:

Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is an easy to apply glass coating that will repel water from your windshield and glass for up 12 months! After you've applied Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating, your glass surfaces will be left feeling slick and smooth! The extremely hydrophobic formula of Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating prevents water, dirt, and dust from adhering to the surface and instead repels it away as you drive! You will almost never have to use your windshield wipers to see the road ahead of you when it's raining! And best of all, Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is much easier to apply than most glass coatings on the market! The simple wipe-on, wipe-off formula has a much lower learning curve, making it a great choice for those applying their first glass coating! Stop dealing with squeaky wipers, unsightly wiper marks, and obstructed views, get Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating!

Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is an innovative ceramic glass coating that strikes the perfect balance between product performance and ease of use! Unlike most coatings on the market, Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is much more forgiving when it comes to application! Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating has a more generous flash time (the time between when you wipe the product on and when it needs to be wiped off), so you don't have to worry nearly as much about your timing while applying it! Even if you were to leave it on for a few minutes, it would still be easy to buff off! Plus, Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating doesn't require any curing time like other coatings! You can take your car for a drive as soon as you are done applying!

Once you have applied Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating to your windshield or glass, you will immediately notice the slickness of your glass! This slickness is just one aspect of the incredibly hydrophobic (water fearing) protection of Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating! This hydrophobic protection prevents water, dirt, dust, and other contamination from adhering to your glass. This means that water will bead up and roll off instead of hanging on and interfering with your view! In fact, while you are driving in the rain, you will notice the rain drop hitting your windshield and immediately flying off! Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is so effective, you may never need to use your windshield wipers ever again!

Cost: $69.99 for 1 ounce (30ml)

Preparation and Application:

I thoroughly cleaned my glass and side windows (drivers and passenger) with a standard glass cleaner and then did a heavy IPA wipe down of the glass to ensure it was completely clean. I then used Blackfire Coating Prep Polish with a PC and 3 inch white pad on the glass to further prepare it for the coating.
    I initially applied the coating with a foam block and suede coating cloth but decided to use a Autofiber Coating Saver applicator. I found I used significantly less product and could get more even coverage with this method. I waited about 15 seconds (time to put down applicator and get microfiber towels) then removed. I removed with a standard two towel method for removal of coatings and was impressed at the ease of removal.

Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is probably one of the easiest coating to remove. It removes streak free and there is not constant wiping and pushing around of the coating Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating is so easy to remove that you almost feel like you are removing a paint sealant instead of a ceramic coating.

Results and Thoughts:

After application Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating left the glass extremely slick and smooth to the touch. Since I was not worried about a cure time I was able to pull the car out of my garage and leave it outside that evening for some forecast rain. The beading the following morning on the glass was very impressive. I have not had the opportunity to drive in the heavy rain with the coating but removing the settled rain on the glass with the wipers did not cause any chatter.

Another feature of Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating I was impressed with was the limited amount of product that I used for the 3 vehicles I have used it on. This was 3 vehicles (2 standard and one SUV) and included a single application to the windshield and driver’s and passenger glass. I have included a picture showing how much total product was used. A contributing factor could be the fact that I was used a coating saver applicator. These applicators are a must if you are applying any type of ceramic coating as a plastic material in the center of the applicator prevents the coating from soaking deep into the applicator saving tons of product.

My final thoughts are that glass ceramic coatings have come a long way. Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coatings ease of use, no need for curing, and impressive hydrophobics make it a product that most detailers will want to reach for coating glass. I can’t comment on the manufacturers claim of one year durability since I have not had it applied for an extended period of time nor subjected it to heavy rain or snow. However, Wolfgang Uber Glass Coatings other claims regarding it ease of use and results will make it a product that most detailers will be very happy with. The price point is not bad as well considering the frequent sales by PBMG giving you an opportunity to purchase at 25-30% off. This makes it even more of a value for weekend and professional detailers.

Results

Product Usage
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks PA DETAILER, Diner, Bruno Soares, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating

Thanks for review. I just ordered this during Black Friday sale. Can you or anyone else give advice on what would be the coldest temperatures I could successfully apply. I would assume not below 45-50 degrees. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forty View Post
    Thanks for review. I just ordered this during Black Friday sale. Can you or anyone else give advice on what would be the coldest temperatures I could successfully apply. I would assume not below 45-50 degrees. Thanks again.
    I just did one of my cars this weekend. When I started in the morning the temps were still in the mid 40's in my garage. I did most of the prep and waited till mid day to apply when temps got into the 50's. I had no issues at all with application or removal at all.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Pat!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates to the Wolfgang Uber Glass Coating?
    How is it holding up?

Post Thanks / Like

Holding up great so far. Applied 6 weeks ago. Water rolls off windshield at 30 mph. Nice product.

9. Likes PaulMys, Craig Encinitas liked this post