autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Both good products. Have tried both. The cleaner gets the tires surgically clean, and the tire coating lasts thru several wash cycles.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I completely agree that using a brush to apply a tire dressing takes WAY too much product to prime the brush and apply it to the tire(s). I tried that method the one time I used Meguiar's Endurance tire gel (the stuff sucked for me, so I never used it again). The brush 'holds on to' a lot of dressing, instead of transferring it to the tires, 'wasting' a lot of product.

I have since found that a foam applicator is far superior to any other method I've tried. The foam does absorb the product, BUT a little extra pressure when applying, forces the product out of the sponge and onto the tire, while light pressure will absorb 'excess' product from the tire, back into the sponge, which allows the product to be applied as heavily or as lightly as you want it to be and coats the tires very evenly.

Since the Turtle Wax G/A tire coating doesn't spray well, being so thick, spraying it directly on the tires produces so-so results, I have found that spraying it onto the applicator, then wiping it onto the tires produces superior results while using LESS product than you would spraying it directly on the tire.
    The coating saver applicators suck very little product. Vinyl barrier between MF and foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks Don for sharing. I tried TWHSGATSSC but it wasn’t my favorite. Even after putting 2 coats on, after a couple days the tire looked barely dressed but one time I didn’t get to wash for a couple weeks. When I washed the car and tires, I could tell the TWHSGATSSC was still there (unlike most dressings that you wouldn’t notice) and protecting the tire but it didn’t look very well dressed. It could be my Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires but I’ve gone back to Duragloss 253.

I did try a new tire applicator brush that I really like. This is the 3” brush from the Swabby Tire Dressing Tank kit. I like it because the bristles are a little stiffer than a flagged-tip brush and I can control it better such as on the inner lip of a tire next to the rim. The size of the base works well to grip and control application. I can also squeeze (flatten) the bristles together with one hand and spray a couple sprays of tire dressing, which most tires I’ve worked with need about 4 sprays per tire. But this tire brush will only work with a viscous dressing, it wouldn’t work with a thicker gel. Forgot to mention this brush is expensive at near or over $30 US but I ordered quite a few different applicator brushes, pads, etc and I liked this one best. This is when my container of Duragloss 253 was almost out so I also tried various dressings including TWHSGATSSC, Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing, and Gyeon Tire (gel) but ended up buying another container of Duragloss 253 as my primary dressing.

I have Conti’s on back and Pilots on front, guess it’s a thing for Camaro guys T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later.

Car came like that. It is most likely your Michelin’s. Conti’s look amazing and Pilots look as they need another coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Rsurfer, dgage liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12