autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

American Detailer Garage Wipeout and Fuzion Rinseless Wash Review

Over the past couple of months I started to venture off and try other rinseless washes on the market. Running low on N914 helped that out along with the Southern California drought which led to water restrictions. It is a repeat of what happened 15 years ago.

We will break these down individually to look at the differences between the two.

American Detailer Garage Wipeout:

American Detailer Garage Hybrid Wash Rinseless Concentrate 16 oz.

Wipeout is the typical rinseless wash concentrate. It is a versatile product like most rinseless washes from rinseless, glass cleaner, waterless and clay lubricant.

These are the dilutions for each. I typically use it a t 1:256 for a rinseless wash.

Rinseless Wash: 1:384 | 1:256 | 1:128 (depending on desired cleaning ability)
    Waterless wash: 1:32
    Clay Lubricant: 1:10
    Powerful Glass Cleaner: 1:256

This uses polymer chemistry to clean the surface. People tend to freak out when they hear polymers and the go immediately to this is leaving some sort of protection behind. Again don't focus on that. The polymers are there to encapsulate and emulsify the dirt making it safe to wash the vehicle. This among other rinseless washes that are designed to clean are not designed to leave protection behind.

Wipeout does a good job as a rineless wash. It checks the boxes for cleaning and doing it safely. It does a very good job at cleaning interior glass.

I will leave slickness but that quickly dies off.

I go over the demonstration of Wipeout in this video.

American detailer Garage Fuzion

American Detailer Garage Wipeout Fuzion

Fuzion like Wipeout can be used as a rinseless wash. But it can be used during the regular wash process thus being called a hybrid wash. It also has the ability to foam if used in a foam cannon or a foaming pump sprayer.

Like Wipeout it uses polymer chemistry to clean the surface.

The dilutions are the following. The Autogeek page has the incorrect working so this is taken straight from the American detailer Garage page.

Rinse Free wash 128:1
    Quick detailer 20:1
    Glass cleaner 20:1
    Exterior Pre soak 20:1
    Foam cannon. Full Strength (no dilution)

Fuzion does a good job at cleaning the paint and doing it safely like its counterpart wipeout when used as a rinseless wash. More product will be used if it is being used as a rineless with the 1:128 ratio compared to 1:256 for Wipeout. The benefit to Fuzion is its ability to foam. It tends to sit on the paint longer with it being foamed making it a good pre-soak.

Here is the video for Fuzion

Final Thoughts:

Both are good products and both do a good job. I would recommend having both and investing in a foaming pump sprayer. One preference that I do hae is using Fuzion as a foaming pre-soak and coming hack with Wipeout during the rinseless wash. I have this in the queue coming up soon.

2. Thanks PaulMys, Diner, CleanIT, chilly, Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, MisterSnoop, DFB, SNP209, CleanIT and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: American Detailer Garage Wipeout and Fuzion Rinseless Wash Review

Guz - With Fuzion taking well to foaming, would you say it could function similarly to Ammo’s Frothe and other foaming waterless washes?

Full confession, I usually still end up using Frothe as a pre-spray and chasing it with a multi-towel style rinseless wash.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Guz - With Fuzion taking well to foaming, would you say it could function similarly to Ammo’s Frothe and other foaming waterless washes?

Full confession, I usually still end up using Frothe as a pre-spray and chasing it with a multi-towel style rinseless wash.
    This is what I do. I’m ok with Frothe on it’s own but I think the rinseless soaked towel remove/break down foam better.

I really like using it with pure that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

Yes it can. Same dilution and Fuzion is also cheaper and more versatile than Frothe. Also less residue to clean up with Fuzion than Frothe.

8. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried Fuzion as both a traditional rinseless and a foaming prespray.

Pretty solid as both- foaming rinseless is just a bit more of a mess

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

American Detailer Garage Wipeout and Fuzion Rinseless Wash Review

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Yes it can. Same dilution and Fuzion is also cheaper and more versatile than Frothe. Also less residue to clean up with Fuzion than Frothe.
    By residue do you mean left over foam. After clean up I’ve never found anything left behind.

With all video’s I’ve seen fuzion foams seems to get runny fast, Is that the case?

Would you rate this or the Adam’s better in Ability to cling and cleaning power?

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    By residue do you mean left over foam. After clean up I’ve never found anything left behind.

With all video’s I’ve seen fuzion foams seems to get runny fast, Is that the case?

Would you rate this or the Adam’s better in Ability to cling and cleaning power?

Frothe leaves a residue thus the need for some kind of drying aid. Adams does the same thing. Fuzion does not do that and wipes of clean and there is no need for a drying aid. They all do well to cling to the surface.

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Frothe leaves a residue thus the need for some kind of drying aid. Adams does the same thing. Fuzion does not do that and wipes of clean and there is no need for a drying aid. They all do well to cling to the surface.
    American Detailer Garage Wipeout and Fuzion Rinseless Wash Review I have no issues with residue or needing a drying aid with Frothe. I use hydrate or aQD 50%. Maybe it’s our environment or weather.

Prolly give the Adam’s a try to see if that pops up.

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Newley added video on using both.

18. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post