autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

Not my video, but I found it to be informative considering how much love Can Coat gets here -

(22) Best Spray Car Coating | Meguairs Hybrid Paint Coating vs Gyeon Can Coat Evo vs Sonax Profiline CC36 - YouTube

2. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

Sandro produces great content. He has one of the best detailing channels on YT.

4. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Sandro produces great content. He has one of the best detailing channels on YT.
    Agreed!

I like how he doesn't have an ego problem and is all about the product, the car and the process. I enjoy his content because he is not blatantly trying to sell something, either a line of products or himself. The videos speak for themselves, and while he does do the usual "like and subscribe", he doesn't then go and splatter his videos across other social platforms, like a couple of notables have done here. Likewise, he isn't setting up tacky product placements like a certain "geeky" youtuber.

Anyway, I find his videos very informative and have certainly learned a lot from him over the years.

6. Likes CleanIT, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to se a follow up 6 months/1yr from now on how they aged.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the video and I do like his format and commentary. The problem I have is his skewed conclusions based on the products chemical resistance.

I don't know about you all but I've had just about enough of these chemical resistance product evaluations. This has run its course. Its' been like 4 years or something. Apex, Jimbo, Pan, Sandro and whichever popular YT channel you can think of that still does this. This doesn't represent real world, everyday exposure to sun, heat, cold, snow, rain, fallout, road film, sandblasting while driving, etc. Not to mention all the varying environments based on your location/region.

There are some good takeaways from these types of testing, no doubt. But it should be in NO WAY a final indicator of ranking a products performance (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Its a misrepresentation.

I get it, real world testing takes too long. And a ph soap wash test would take hundreds of rounds. No channel wants to dedicate that much time/effort. So they'd rather accelerate the durability tests by attacking the paint in a way that would surely break it down much faster, and then declare a winner based on a faulty test. That isn't real science.

9. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes John U, CleanIT, Bosko, PaulMys, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 evenly matched products. Which do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm tired of these tests......They prove jack chit...IMO

12. Likes CleanIT, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the rundown on cancoat? Just curious, i can't stream right now...offshore on a ship.

Not that it matters. Cancoat it is for me this year. Quick polish with primer with a medium polishing pad (can't wait to try the orange LC SDO with CCS) and topped with cancoat the next day. Easy peasy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I watched the video and I do like his format and commentary. The problem I have is his skewed conclusions based on the products chemical resistance.

I don't know about you all but I've had just about enough of these chemical resistance product evaluations. This has run its course. Its' been like 4 years or something. Apex, Jimbo, Pan, Sandro and whichever popular YT channel you can think of that still does this. This doesn't represent real world, everyday exposure to sun, heat, cold, snow, rain, fallout, road film, sandblasting while driving, etc. Not to mention all the varying environments based on your location/region.

There are some good takeaways from these types of testing, no doubt. But it should be in NO WAY a final indicator of ranking a products performance (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). Its a misrepresentation.

I get it, real world testing takes too long. And a ph soap wash test would take hundreds of rounds. No channel wants to dedicate that much time/effort. So they'd rather accelerate the durability tests by attacking the paint in a way that would surely break it down much faster, and then declare a winner based on a faulty test. That isn't real science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Personally I'm tired of these tests......They prove jack chit...IMO
    I actually tune out when the chemical resistance test starts with his videos, nor do I bother watching similar tests by the people mentioned. Like you have both mentioned, they don't really represent real world scenarios and it's unlikely an LSP will ever be subjected to substances on the road like a strong APC. Also, it would be unlikely someone would spray their car down with a strong APC ratio for fear of compromising the coating, especially if self-installed.

My main takeaway from Sandro's videos is the application notes and product information he displays. I'm a visual learner, so seeing someone with vast experience using a wide range of products is very helpful.

15. Likes evo77, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post

Problem is most influencer content viewers do like this testing and we are the major minority…

Problem with “ real world” testing is unless it is your neighbor driving your routes at your time it’s hard to accomplish. Real world testing is going to be a little or a lot different from say your and my environment.

I do agree it’s more to my liking but it’s why we get vastly different outcomes and opinions even here on AG.

Take TW Seal & Shine. I personally felt it was hot garbage and some here felt the same. Other’s felt it was a phenomenal product.

I do believe non of us are wrong… just different experiences in our own micro environment.

I appreciate the Guz more than most of the influencers and believe his video’s and statements are 100% truthful but I’ve had different experiences than him in some cases. Could be my user error but most likely that he is giving opinions on how products perform in Cali while my results very here in WA.

All in all those I feel Real world testing from trusted persons is a good place to start.

And yes I do enjoy Sandro’s videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes SNP209, DFB, evo77 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast