autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

I will say this though, I've used both Meguiar's HPC and Cancoat Evo and the Megs hands down is far easier and more enjoyable to use. There is no urgency for quick removal or fear of hard wipeoff like Cancoat Evo. HPC is a HUGE sleeper in the detailing community. The level of slickness is off the charts. And its hydrophobics are on par with typical ceramic coatings.

Currently I am 2 months in with HPC on my truck. It's still very early but given that that the vehicle is parked in the driveway 24-7 exposed to sun, heat, rain and neighboring trees the water behavior when washing is still day one level. Its self cleaning capability is very good and doesn't really get dirty siting there in-between washes.

Cancoat Evo was applied to my neighbors Toyota Avalon this past weekend. That vehicle is garaged but does get driven everyday quite often. I'll be monitoring its progress closely.

THIS is real world testing.

2. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, dlc95, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

So Meguiars HPC is the one in that blue bottle right? It’s comparable to Cancoat? So there’s legit longevity to that product? Interesting…

Edit: My bad, I was thinking about a different product.Can Coat EVO v Sonax CC36 v Meguiars HPC

Post Thanks / Like

The more winters I spend in Chicago, the more chemical resistance becomes a valuable attribute. Wasn't anywhere near as important to me in Florida. If the coatings can't handle something like a Bilt Hamber Touch-Less or Auto-Foam pre-wash, then I'll find something that will. I want as much as that salt-infested road grime off the paint as I can before I touch it with the wash mitts.

Likewise, clients in these areas are going to want to have something that can hold up to a fully touchless automated wash during use for the winters, and they're spraying some serious chemicals on the paint to presoak. There are regular instances where I need to pull out an APC, tar remover, water spot remover, etc. in order to address something that remains after a wash during winter months. Need to know it's not going to outright destroy the LSP with a quick spray and wipe, especially if it's as something as tedious to apply to the paint as a full coating or Polymer Net Shield.

5. Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott HD has a 1 yr 3 month update on Ceramic Coatings that might be of interest to some.

Ceramic Coating Longevity Test - 41 WAY - The ULTIMATE comparison test - UPDATE 17 -1 YEAR, 3 MONTHS - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    The more winters I spend in Chicago, the more chemical resistance becomes a valuable attribute. Wasn't anywhere near as important to me in Florida. If the coatings can't handle something like a Bilt Hamber Touch-Less or Auto-Foam pre-wash, then I'll find something that will. I want as much as that salt-infested road grime off the paint as I can before I touch it with the wash mitts.

Likewise, clients in these areas are going to want to have something that can hold up to a fully touchless automated wash during use for the winters, and they're spraying some serious chemicals on the paint to presoak. There are regular instances where I need to pull out an APC, tar remover, water spot remover, etc. in order to address something that remains after a wash during winter months. Need to know it's not going to outright destroy the LSP with a quick spray and wipe, especially if it's as something as tedious to apply to the paint as a full coating or Polymer Net Shield.
    Car pro CQUK3 and Nova Evo have PH resistance up to 13. It’s why I went with Evo this time to stand up to BH twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Car pro CQUK3 and Nova Evo have PH resistance up to 13. It’s why I went with Evo this time to stand up to BH twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How did you find the application of Nova EVO? There was a thread here a while back where the author had a bad install with it, so I have been a little hesitant about the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I will say this though, I've used both Meguiar's HPC and Cancoat Evo and the Megs hands down is far easier and more enjoyable to use. There is no urgency for quick removal or fear of hard wipeoff like Cancoat Evo. HPC is a HUGE sleeper in the detailing community. The level of slickness is off the charts. And its hydrophobics are on par with typical ceramic coatings.

Currently I am 2 months in with HPC on my truck. It's still very early but given that that the vehicle is parked in the driveway 24-7 exposed to sun, heat, rain and neighboring trees the water behavior when washing is still day one level. Its self cleaning capability is very good and doesn't really get dirty siting there in-between washes.

Cancoat Evo was applied to my neighbors Toyota Avalon this past weekend. That vehicle is garaged but does get driven everyday quite often. I'll be monitoring its progress closely.

THIS is real world testing.
    That Megs coating is really nice. I applied it to my best friend's truck last year, almost exactly one year ago to date! It's held up, he runs it through an automatic wash, and it sits outside 24/7.

My gf has Gloss Coat on her garaged Jeep, but that's not fair because I maintain it, and throw the occasional shot of Hyper Seal on it. But my coworker has had it on his car since March and it's looking great. He lets it get dirty, he runs it through the car wash occasionally, and it sits outside 24/7.

11. Likes Bosko, evo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's is extremely easy to use for sure......I picked up that new Cerakote ceramic spray to try and it suspiciously smells like the Meg's hybrid coating.
    It goes on even faster and easier....not sure about the durability on it though...

13. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add to the thread topic, here are the full retail prices these products command in Australia -

Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating Kit - $149.99

Sonax CC36 Kit - $228.00

Gyeon Can Coat Kit - $79.99

And for comparison, Carpro Lite Kit - $89.95

For me, the Sonax and Meguiars are just not worth entertaining at that price. For less money, I can shop a variety of coatings that offer much longer durability claims.

This is not hating on any of these products as I believe they all have something to offer. I also think the "sleeper" aspect of Meguiars Hybrid Paint Coating comes down to the retail prices, most associate Meguiars with value for money, once they break free of that boundry they lose their core customer's base. Then, those who would pay the asking price are more than likely shopping boutique brands or pro-level coatings.

15. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Just to add to the thread topic, here are the full retail prices these products command in Australia -

Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating Kit - $149.99

Sonax CC36 Kit - $228.00

Gyeon Can Coat Kit - $79.99

And for comparison, Carpro Lite Kit - $89.95

For me, the Sonax and Meguiars are just not worth entertaining at that price. For less money, I can shop a variety of coatings that offer much longer durability claims.

This is not hating on any of these products as I believe they all have something to offer. I also think the "sleeper" aspect of Meguiars Hybrid Paint Coating comes down to the retail prices, most associate Meguiars with value for money, once they break free of that boundry they lose their core customer's base. Then, those who would pay the asking price are more than likely shopping boutique brands or pro-level coatings.

I would choose Cancoat too if I lived in AUS with those crazy prices. Makes sense why other regions of the world with access to Meguiar's may overlook it.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast