autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Black Shine High Gloss Tire Spray

Although I am a big fan of Duragloss 253, I am always searching for the next tire dressing. As a Griots fan, I tried their Black Shine Tire Spray and so far I do like the product. Some guys prefer a matte finish but I actually like the high gloss.
    The problem with the product is that it clogs the sprayer. I thought I had a faulty sprayer at first but I tried three of them and they all clogged. I am going to use it as a gel from now on.
    Has anyone else had the clogging issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

2. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Black Shine High Gloss Tire Spray

Have you tried the Black Shine Aerosol ? I've used the Black Satin aerosol with no issues

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be disrespectful, but that looks too sticky and oily for me. Now on the other hand I love 253.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Is this the Black Shine Aerosol or the pump spray? I've used the Black Satin aerosol with no issues
    It's the pump spray. I went through three pump sprayers. You pull the trigger and nothing happens.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    It's the pump spray. I went through three pump sprayers. You pull the trigger and nothing happens.
    I saw that too late....so I changed edited my response...have u tried the Black Shine Aerosol?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I saw that too late....so I changed edited my response...have u tried the Black Shine Aerosol?
    I haven't tried the aerosol. Do you have any difficulty in controlling the amount of overspray, especially on the wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Not to be disrespectful, but that looks too sticky and oily for me. Now on the other hand I love 253.
    It is sticky and oily when it first goes on. I tried the Meguiars Endurance Gel and it was a disaster. If you allow the Griots Black Shine time to dry, it stays with the tire and does not sling off.

9. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the aerosol. Do you have any difficulty in controlling the amount of overspray, especially on the wheels?
    A little....but not too bad. On any tires that did not have an aggressive tread, I sprayed it onto and applicator (Adams brand) and then applied it to the tires. If they had an aggressive tread, I sprayed onto a flag-tipped brush and applied. One thing about this stuff....its somewhere between a dressing and a coating. When I was lazy, and did not really clean the tires very well, I did get a little bit of sling.

FWIW....I'm not a shiny tire fan....prefer more of a satin/matte look. I've switched over to TW Hybrid Solutions Graphene Tire Coating (again, not really a coating).....zero sling....no complaints.

11. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read some reviews about this product on the Griots site and someone complained about the clogged pump sprayer. Griots sent them a heavy duty pump sprayer and it still clogged. I am going to use it like a gel.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read some reviews about this product on the Griots site and someone complained about the clogged pump sprayer. Griots sent them a heavy duty pump sprayer and it still clogged. I am going to use it like a gel.
    I fit a number of chemicals with pop-top lids, some re-purposed and some brand new. Really good for thicker dressings and dispensing soap into foam cannons.

14. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, UncleDavy liked this post