autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro InnerQD and Glass Mitt Review

These two products have been out for a couple of months, although they have only just now been released for sale in Australia.

Starting with CarPro InnerQD, I didn't have any great expectations for InnerQD but wow, this is a terrific product!

Apart from the lemon scent being a touch too strong, this interior detailer is top drawer stuff. InnerQD is another one of those mild cleaner/protector type products, t
    hink of it as CarPro's version of Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer.

InnerQD is best used on well kept interiors and can be used on plastics, vinyl, coated leather, screens, chrome and brushed aluminium. It's also said to "inhibit the electrostatic adhesion of dust particles".

In use, InnerQD wipes on with ease, removing minor smudging and dust in the process. It then flashes away to leave a matte, clean looking finish. Like similar products, I love how this can be used basically all over the interior.

This is my new favorite interior detailer!

Onto the CarPro Glass Mitt, which I used with CarPro Clarify. Now this was a product I was looking forward to and I was not disappointed!

The Glass Mitt has two sides, a waffle weave material for the first wipe and a denser side for the follow up final wipe.

Now, the package states this is for interior glass but I see no reason it can't be used on the exterior as well. As mentioned, use the orange side to do the first wipe, then flip your hand and finish up with the grey side.

I usually use two separate towels for glass so I really like how this combines two towels into one. If you struggle with glass, I can definitely recommend this item.

Both of these products I certainly didn't need, but I can say both have won me over, especially InnerQD.

2. Thanks rover137, Bruno Soares, PA DETAILER, fly07sti, Kneel thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, Tasmania, The Guz, CleanIT, fly07sti and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro InnerQD and Glass Mitt Review

Thanks for the write up. How would you compare it to the Megs Interior detailer. I have the new Gyeon one to try but the Megs one just seems to work so good I don’t know if I can be swayed from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB back at it again with another review!
    The old man's Power Ranger look's fresh.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it should clean the interior for you at 4 times the price of a gallon of Megs Quil interior detailer and P&S Xpress. Double the Adam’s and that is good stuff.

I’m sure this is great but like all other CarPro’s liquids (exept Ech20) it’s severely overpriced as there are products comparable from other manufacturers that are comparable or even better.

If your a PERL fan maybe that gets a pass because it’s decent at alot of things.

If 1 mitt can do all interior windows i can get behind it as it would speed up process.

8. Likes CleanIT, seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    Thanks for the write up. How would you compare it to the Megs Interior detailer. I have the new Gyeon one to try but the Megs one just seems to work so good I don’t know if I can be swayed from it.

I really like Megs Quick Interior Detailer, have used it for a while now.

I also have a bottle of Gyeon Q2M Interior Detailer.

I would put Gyeon in third place, it's pretty good but not great.

The Meguiars QID is a great time saver, and I like the smell and the finish it leaves but............... InnerQD is better. This is hard to describe, but it just seems to distribute easier.

10. Thanks rover137 thanked for this post
    Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah it should clean the interior for you at 4 times the price of a gallon of Megs Quil interior detailer and P&S Xpress. Double the Adam’s and that is good stuff.

I’m sure this is great but like all other CarPro’s liquids (exept Ech20) it’s severely overpriced as there are products comparable from other manufacturers that are comparable or even better.

If your a PERL fan maybe that gets a pass because it’s decent at alot of things.

If 1 mitt can do all interior windows i can get behind it as it would speed up process.

Yeah, I can understand the price of some CarPro products are on the higher end.

In terms of price, InnerQD retails at $28 for 500 ml in Australia. Megs QID sells at about $26 for a 473 ml bottle. Obviously buying in gallon makes the Megs a better value equation though.

In terms of P&S Express, yes it's substantially cheaper at $19 for 473 ml, but it lacks the mild protection/dressing factor of InnerQD and Megs QID.

12. Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up.

As much as I like CarPro InnerQD, it is hard to beat Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer as it can achieve the same results. Also don't buy too much into the anti-static claim. I experienced zero difference with this anti-dust claim. Also the scent will trigger allergies as one of my subscribers found it on the CarPro site. One wrong whiff and boom it hits you in the back of the throat to trigger allergies. That was one of my complaints with Inside as it has the same scent. It is a good product though. Even my brother said, this has a strange scent haha. He did not like it at all.

The mitt is an interesting concept but from my point of view I just can't see one mitt cleaning glass without contaminating other glass. Fine if the glass is already clean. I will stick to a couple towels with one being the CarPro glass towel. The only mitt that looks interesting from CarPro is the wash mitt.

The thing with CarPro is they address products missing in their line up so that one can have everything at their disposal.

14. Likes rover137, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Yeah, I can understand the price of some CarPro products are on the higher end.

In terms of price, InnerQD retails at $28 for 500 ml in Australia. Megs QID sells at about $26 for a 473 ml bottle. Obviously buying in gallon makes the Megs a better value equation though.

In terms of P&S Express, yes it's substantially cheaper at $19 for 473 ml, but it lacks the mild protection/dressing factor of InnerQD and Megs QID.
    Yeah i could see that with the Megs. If prices equal i would try it out but Megs runs 5-8$ around here.

I’m not two worried about the minuscule protection that interior QD’s leave. I’m coating interior every 2-4 months with something. I don’t feel interior panels look any different with any QD i use and most UV’s blocked out by glass.

Got all these products when I had the comvertible GT so might as well use up.

If you can get the Adam’s for a decent price it’s probably my favorite so far and appreciate it’s anti microbial with MicroBan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice write up.

The mitt is an interesting concept but from my point of view I just can't see one mitt cleaning glass without contaminating other glass. Fine if the glass is already clean. I will stick to a couple towels with one being the CarPro glass towel. The only mitt that looks interesting from CarPro is the wash mitt.
    Agreed. The Subaru I did last week would not be suited to this Glass Mitt. My cars on the other hand, which are basically already clean, it's a nice thing to have.

In terms of the dust aspect, yeah, I didn't read much into that other than noting it CarPro's claim.

17. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah i could see that with the Megs. If prices equal i would try it out but Megs runs 5-8$ around here.

I’m not two worried about the minuscule protection that interior QD’s leave. I’m coating interior every 2-4 months with something. I don’t feel interior panels look any different with any QD i use and most UV’s blocked out by glass.

Got all these products when I had the comvertible GT so might as well use up.

If you can get the Adam’s for a decent price it’s probably my favorite so far and appreciate it’s anti microbial with MicroBan.

Funnily, Adams products are sold here at a premium price, usually more quite a bit more than CarPro.

The interior detailer you mention is $33 for 16oz and $130 for a gallon.

These sort of interior detailers certainly don't suit everybody, the cleaning and protection offered is small. For a fleet of garage queens, they make more seance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast