autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Syncro Evo

Nathan who is a Gyeon USA representative reached out to me and asked if I would be interesting in trying out the new coatings. I could not pass up on the offer so I thank Nathan for sending them out to me.

For the reviews of CanCoat Evo and Pure Evo see the following threads.

Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

Next up is Gyeon Syncro Evo. Syncro is a two part coating consisting of MOHS Evo as the base layer and the top coat Skin Evo.

Before I continue I am looking forward to seeing if the new formulations aid in the overall durability and longevity of Syncro. I had used the previous formula and the best part of it was Skin. Very hydrophobic and slick. The downside is that its performance would start to fall flat around the 6 month mark. This was consistent each time I applied it. The other downside was that MOHS was more hydrophilic and lacked in self cleaning.

Background information on the Syncro Evo ceramic coating. I will break this down to each coating.

MOHS Evo:

• It is now a Flouro Modified Polysilozane. Gyeon uses fluorine in the manufacturing process. And no this is not a fluorine infused coating. It is used to increase durability and chemical resistance.
    • One layer. No more required 2 layers. The second layer is now optional and can be applied 1 hour after the first layer. No longer than 2 hours topped with another layer of MOHS or Skin.
    • Durability: 1 layer up to 36 months (3 years), 2 layers up to 48 months (4 years)
    • 12 hours to not get wet
    • pH tolerance 2-11
    • Flash time is seen as the sweating effect. Similar to Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light which is the competition that Gyeon is aiming for with this coating.
    • Slick and smooth. This coating is very slick.
    • User friendly
    • Outdoor Friendly. Meaning it can be applied outside but not in direct sun and avoid wet wet weather for the first 24 hours as it will affect the cure time (ie dew, rain). This will be a big hit for those that don’t have access to a garage as it applies to all of the Gyeon coatings. One thing mentioned in the included maintenance book, is to apply Gyeon Cure as a precaution if planning to leave it outside.

Skin Evo:

• Skin increases gloss and durability of the hydrophobic effect
    • Durability: I found two different things on this.
    • Up to 60 months (5 years) stated on the Gyeon Show
    • Up to 50 months (4 years, 2 months) stated on the Gyeon site
    • It is now silica based unlike the previous version which was silicone based
    • Increases chemical resistance

Final Thoughts:

I share most of my thoughts in the video but this coating is such a breeze to work with. Unlike Gyeon Pure Evo, MOHS Evo has a shorter flash time indicated by the sweating effect resembling Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light. MOHS will also be a section by section application with the shorter flash times compared to Pure Evo.

I am going to put this disclaimer out now. If you prefer slickness then stop at MOHS Evo. It is one of the slickest coatings on the market. Nathan recommended two layers of MOHS but again one layer is perfectly fine. Keep in mind that in the Gyeon application video it is stated to not wait longer than two hours to top MOHS with either another layer of MOHS or Skin.

Unlike Pure, MOHS does not give that eye popping candy gloss look as if the vehicle was dipped in glass. The best way I can describe it gives a more crisp appearance like natural clear coat.

Skin Evo will take that very slick surface away and will leave a smooth sensation when applied over MOHS. But Skin is going to add that hint of candy gloss. Nothing eye popping like Pure Evo but still nice and crisp. The application is wipe on and wipe off per Gyeon’s application video.

One of the biggest differences between Syncro Evo and Syncro is that Syncro Evo is now a two layer system. Syncro was a multi-layer system with a minimum of two layers of MOHS and one layer of Skin 4 hours later. This is a large time savings with the new Syncro Evo. 2 hours of coating applications rather than roughly 7 hours of coating application.

So for those looking for a very slick coating then just get MOHS Evo. If looking for durability then get Syncro Evo with sacrificing that slick feeling for a more smooth feeling.

Overall a very user friendly coating to use. Good job thus far for Gyeon when it comes to ease of use for the new Evo line up.

2. Thanks Bruno Soares, fly07sti thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, SNP209, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Syncro Evo

Great write-up and review. I will be ordering these up as I have always loved Syncro but the time factor was critical. Sounds like the products application is now even easier and that says a lot even though I thought the previous application of Mohs was pretty easy when paired with their PRIMER Product. I will probably re-do my wife's CUV With this as I did it on her previous one.

Pure also sounds like a winner. Thanks man!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interested in trying both Mohs evo and Pure evo. Thanks for the thorough and informative review. Any word when autogeek will have these coatings in stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forty View Post
    Any word when autogeek will have these coatings in stock?
    I have no idea. That is a question for AG. But they are available elsewhere at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have my bottles next week. I’m curious as to try MOHS topped with CanCoat will act and look like.

8. Likes dgage, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn’t anyone have concerns about ordering products such as this in the winter? I mean, there’s a high probability the package will freeze.

Post Thanks / Like

I coat vehicles every week and I have yet to have a problem with receiving a frozen coating.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack, dgage, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn’t trying to sound like a smart ass. Just saying that I have no choice but to order because I have a lot of jobs to do.

13. Likes dgage, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Wasn’t trying to sound like a smart ass. Just saying that I have no choice but to order because I have a lot of jobs to do.
    “Look at me I have all these coating jobs I have to do.”

That doesn’t sound ass’ish either Review - Gyeon Syncro EvoReview - Gyeon Syncro EvoReview - Gyeon Syncro EvoReview - Gyeon Syncro Evo

Just kidding, glad your busy. I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with 2 coats of pure on the Chevelle based of guz’s review but if you use it could you throw your thoughts on AG.

Based of PH levels I wouldn’t use it on my daily as it gets hit with BH AF but the chevelle never will. Just interested in the Candy gloss.

If you give it a thumbs up i think this will be my choice over Kamikaze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes fly07sti, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    “Look at me I have all these coating jobs I have to do.”

That doesn’t sound ass’ish either Review - Gyeon Syncro EvoReview - Gyeon Syncro EvoReview - Gyeon Syncro EvoReview - Gyeon Syncro Evo

Just kidding, glad your busy. I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with 2 coats of pure on the Chevelle based of guz’s review but if you use it could you throw your thoughts on AG.

Based of PH levels I wouldn’t use it on my daily as it gets hit with BH AF but the chevelle never will. Just interested in the Candy gloss.

If you give it a thumbs up i think this will be my choice over Kamikaze.
    I know, that was a double whammy on me. Lol. Kidding. Good feedback and I’m also glad you’re busy and share your experience here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast