autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Gyeon revealed their newly reformulated coatings during their Gyeon Show 2021 which went live during SEMA 2021 week.

Nathan who is a Gyeon USA representative reached out to me and asked if I would be interesting in trying out the new coatings. I could not pass up on the offer so I thank Nathan for sending them out to me.

For those asking how did Nathan get in contact with me, well he follows my youtube channel and we are both members in a coating Facebook group. He reached out to me via email. We eventually spoke on the phone and I shared my feedback with the previous versions of the Gyeon coatings. He also gave me a rundown of the new coatings.

First up is Pure Evo. I personally never used the previous version as I was not wanting to work with an unusual application. I did not want to work that hard to apply and remove the coating.

Pure Evo has been reformulated along with all of the other Gyeon coatings to be one layer. That is right only one layer required other than Syncro Evo which is a two part coating. We will get to this later.

Background information on the Pure Evo ceramic coating:

• Up to 36 months (3 years)
    • One layer. Second layer completely option but can be applied 1 hour after the first layer.
    • It is a SiO2 coating boasting the highest percentage of silica (~90%) before it can cure in the bottle. Keep in mind this is in the Gyeon line up.
    • Provides a candy gloss appearance (appears as of the vehicle has been dipped in glass)
    • Extreme Chemical and Water Spot Resistance
    • Wipe as long as 10 minutes (Nathan told me up to 20 minutes). Flash time depends on the temperature and humidity.
    • Smooth and safe wipe off
    • Can be applied to paint, glass, trim, wheels
    • Outdoor Friendly. Meaning it can be applied outside but not in direct sun and avoid wet wet weather for the first 24 hours as it will affect the cure time (ie dew, rain). This will be a big hit for those that don’t have access to a garage as it applies to all of the Gyeon coatings. One thing mentioned in the included maintenance book, is to apply Gyeon Cure as a precaution if planning to leave it outside.

Final Thoughts:

I share most of my thoughts in the video but this coating applies so smooth. It goes on thick and the long flash times is a nice attribute as one can apply it to multiple panels and come back to wipe it off. I personally like this as I can finish coating quicker rather than working panel by panel.

This coating provided that candy gloss which looks great on light colored vehicles as it allows for these colors to “pop”. It can be used on any color as long as one is after that candy gloss look as if the vehicle was dipped in glass. It is all personal preference.

I enjoyed the overall experience with this coating and I suspect it will be a hit for Gyeon. It is to be priced and compete with Cquartz UK 3.0. I know someone will ask on the gloss between these two and I am going to give the edge to Pure Evo. CQUK 3.0 tends to darken more which gives it a more crisp look rather than that glassy look. This does not mean CQUK 3.0 is a bad coating. Quite contrary it is a great coating and Pure Evo has to prove if it can hang with one of the best coatings on the market (which I suspect it will). Again personal preference on the look one wants to achieve.

The vehicle it was applied to is my brothers silver 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Redline Edition. It was polished with the Dr. Beasley's NSP 95 surface primer which leaves some of the best gloss due to it containing SiO2 and TiO2. Pure Evo just enhanced the look even further.

2. Thanks rover137, Bruno Soares, dlc95, Jim w, Loach and 1 others thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Thanks for the video and write up. I’ve been waiting for someone to review the new Gyeon Coatings.

I watched their SEMA video… but now I forget.. what’s the difference between Pure and Mohs in their new range again?

I would probably give one of these a go if I didn’t just buy 2 bottles of NV Evo to redo our cars with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pure is an SiO2 coating rated for 3 years. Mohs is now fluoro modified polisylazane and is rated for 3 years (1 layer) and 4 years (2 layers)

6. Thanks rover137 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! It’s all coming back to me now. Hope these products hold up (can’t see why they wouldn’t) as they look promising.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Pure is an SiO2 coating rated for 3 years. Mohs is now fluoro modified polisylazane and is rated for 3 years (1 layer) and 4 years (2 layers)
    So with a ling removal time with pure, how do you know it’s been long enough?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    Thanks for the video and write up. I’ve been waiting for someone to review the new Gyeon Coatings.

I watched their SEMA video… but now I forget.. what’s the difference between Pure and Mohs in their new range again?

I would probably give one of these a go if I didn’t just buy 2 bottles of NV Evo to redo our cars with.

No coating jedi but Nv EVO is a breeze to work with and the beading on my car was epic freshly applied. I haven't maintained my car very well since so i have no idea how its holding up and i will be overseas for another 3 mths. So i can't comment on anything else until then.

I found the beading better and application better then the fan favorite CQUK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Take a swipe with the towel and time it to see how long to let it sit before it becomes too tacky to wipe off.

11. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is good to hear! I’d love to hear how it is holding up when you get the chance to see how it’s going.

I am looking forward to it - thanks!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

In the gyeon sema show they applied it outside and it had the typical rainbow affect. Mohs sweats according to the new esoteric video.

Both looked effortless to level out. They looked very promising.

Caveat; I did watch Mike's video too but those 2 videos are more fresh in my mind.

Not sure if it was a dig but the gyeon guys put their towels on the windshied and Todd of esoteric specifically said not to put you coating towels on the windshield. Something i picked up on lol Not that i have any dog in the fight i'm actually not so OCD has most detailers. My main objective is to preserve the paint and its why i got into this in the first place.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    In the gyeon sema show they applied it outside and it had the typical rainbow affect. Mohs sweats according to the new esoteric video.

Both looked effortless to level out. They looked very promising.

Caveat; I did watch Mike's video too but those 2 videos are more fresh in my mind.

Not sure if it was a dig but the gyeon guys put their towels on the windshied and Todd of esoteric specifically said not to put you coating towels on the windshield. Something i picked up on lol Not that i have any dog in the fight i'm actually not so OCD has most detailers. My main objective is to preserve the paint and its why i got into this in the first place.
    Did he say why not to put on windshield? High spots?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast