autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage ceramic glass cleaner

From Griots:

“Ceramic Glass Cleaner features advanced silane polymer technology combined with SiO2 to clean and protect your exterior glass in one simple step. This unique formula easily leaves behind a crystal clear, streak-free finish while adding hydrophobic and durable protection to all your glass surfaces.

Superior water beading quickly repels water, increasing visibility and safety during wet weather driving while keeping your glass clean and spot free longer. Helps prevent water spots and snow, ice, sleet, or road spray from building up and sticking to your glass. Not only great for automotive glass, use it to protect and keep exterior glass around your home or garage cleaner longer too.

Can also be used as a topper over Glass Sealant to increase durability and performance.”

So back story i’ve been pretty disappointed in Griots glass sealant. Product works well but can’t apply under 50 degrees. Usually under that in fall and winter and I don’t have a heated garage.

Makes product kinda useless when i need it most.

Was looking for something like this as i usually clean windows 2-3 a month during rainy season. Clean moms rav 4 when i get a chance but isn’t driven much but windows are coated so will test on that as topper.

Applied to Camaro today. No protection on glass. Was clayed end of summer.

Cleaned just like i normally would with waffle weave towel.

Windows hadn’t been cleaned in 3 weeks but was fairly clean. Felt more like applying Ceramic speed shine.

Wiped, flipped and wiped again. It did need a final buff with another MF. Came outcas streak free as i could tell with garage lighting (crappy) and overcast weather.

If it works its a great idea. Griots doesn’t recommend more than 1-2 times a month. Use regular glass cleaner in between.

I wouldn’t use on really dirty glass. I feel it doesn’t clean as well as a good glass cleaner. That may be the protection.

Smells just like CSS.

Will post rain pics hopefully tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, CleanIT, PaulMys, MisterSnoop, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage ceramic glass cleaner

So did apply to Rav4 which is sitting out side. Was also raining. Not the best idea i’ve had so decided to skip adding it.

To my surprise it’s working….

Before:

After:

What i tried to do was pull underneath over hang of roof. Wiped off water. Was still getting rain on from the sides.

The CGC didn’t spread well with the water. Used two drying towels just to clean off and there was streaks.

Got it mostly clean and gave up. Beads well but don’t know how long it will last on this car. Griots Garage ceramic glass cleaner

4. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I wouldn’t use on really dirty glass. I feel it doesn’t clean as well as a good glass cleaner. That may be the protection.
    sounds a bit like ceramic wash & coat.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a simple to use cleaner with some protection in it, smells amazing and really is streak free. I wouldn’t put it over CarPro Forte, but it works well enough.

8. Likes Bosko, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same Windshield with a night of rain.

With such janky application, surprised it lasted the night.

10. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Decided, what the heck and "applied" it to the cars last night. Was going to wait until I could do a deep clean on the glass and leave my car inside at work (it's been sub 35° all week) so it would have a chance to cure. But, we're supposed to get 5-10" of snow, and any slick on the glass is better than no slick on the glass.

Cleaned the yuck off the windows with Brilliant Finish Rinseless at 1:6 first, wiped dry then sprayed on the Ceramic Glass Cleaner. Spread with one PFM Detailing Towel, allowed to set for a bit, then buffed off with another fresh PFM Detailing Towel.

I'm not expecting much - kind of like your sub-optimal conditions, it was low 30's in the garage last night, so I'm sure I probably buffed off most of what I applied.
    For my car, I'm also up against at least 165k of pitting (that's how many miles I've put on, while the windshield has the Audi rings on it I don't know that it's original. If it is, then the glass has 265k worth of wear...)

It started snowing here about a couple hours ago, interesting observation - while the other cars in the lot have your typical white blanket starting to accumulate, my car so far has more beading/runoff instead. Tapatalk photo to follow. Looking forward to seeing how snow/water behaves in motion on the way home.

12. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, mainly what’s interesting here is how the other cars are blanketing over, while my (also ice cold) car is doing this.

14. Likes Bosko, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been great for the 5 or so days i’ve had it. Works as good as there glass sealant in NW rain for me.

Unlike other i don’t love there glass sealant but works as well as anyrhing else i’ve use.

This gets a major W though as i can add protection while cleaning and add protection.

I’m trying to shorten process where ever i can and this is my new glass product.

Still want to try quick view but unless it’s absolutely amazing will probably stick to this as it is less work.

16. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used today after a wash, I did all windows including the roof which is all glass
    I found it to be really grabby to remove, not really any streaking but not a breeze to use by any means .
    Anyone else have this issue?

18. Thanks John U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used it today first time.

Cleaned the glass like normal with Spray Away then did it again with the Griots Ceramic Glass Cleaner thought it wiped away pretty easy and left it very clean and clear.

On my drive back to work while doing that at lunch I was pleasantly surprised how clean and clear the glass was.

Will try it more this weekend for more info….

20. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast