autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner

Had a chance to use CarPro ReTyre this weekend to clean up the tires on one of my vehicles.

CARPRO ReTyre 500 ml.

Lets get a couple things straight here. The product works great and does a good job at deep cleaning the tires. The other thing is I don't let my tires get dirty. Most of us in groups like this put more care into keeping our vehicles looking nice. But it still cleaned up the tires well and left them ready for a tire dressing.

The last thing is I am not a fan of the foaming nozzle for this product. The foaming is great as it will cling to the surface to give the product time to do its work. The downside is that is uses up quite a bit of product. I used half of the bottle on 17 inch low profile tires. The possibility of overusing product is always there. My next test will be with it in a non-foaming nozzle to see how that works. This does not mean that the actual product inside the bottle is bad or does not work. It is quite the opposite.

Overall it is great to see CarPro have a dedicated tire cleaner that will deep clean and prep the tire for a tire coating where Multi X struggled at that and I would rely on another stronger tire cleaner. Now I can stay in the CarPro product line if I choose to use Cquartz BlackOut.

I rarely use a dedicated tire cleaner to clean the tires on my vehicles. An APC such as Multi X is more then enough in that aspect. But once in awhile it is good to have something stronger for those times when needed.

2. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, CleanIT, PaulMys, BudgetPlan1, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro ReTyre Tire & Rubber Cleaner

It looks like you started with a relatively clean tire to begin with and it only took two scrubbings to get it clean. I wonder how it would work on a customer's filthy tire loaded with blooming and brake dust. I like the foamy action but it looks like it uses a lot of product.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet review, Mike.

Where did you find that kick-ass hose nozzle??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and review!!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

7. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Per Avi the foaming nozzle was chosen to not allow the product get on the wheel as it could cause issues if left on the wheel surface for a long time. ReTyre will also degrade a coating on wheels if letting it sit longer that about 5 minutes. ReTrye can also be used as a wheel cleaner but is not recommended to leave it on the wheel surface for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    It looks like you started with a relatively clean tire to begin with and it only took two scrubbings to get it clean. I wonder how it would work on a customer's filthy tire loaded with blooming and brake dust. I like the foamy action but it looks like it uses a lot of product.
    I don't keep dirty tires on my cars. So it is what it is. Have a gallon or the larger bottle if planning to deep clean a neglected tire with the foaming nozzle. It still works with a non-foaming nozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Sweet review, Mike.

Where did you find that kick-ass hose nozzle??
    Thanks. I purchased it from Eley under the Garden Hose Nozzle Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Thanks for the info and review!!!
    Thanks.

9. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way overpriced!!!!!

Try 3D yellow degreaser for tires. 1 gallon can make 5 gallons of usable product for under 20$ if bought on sale. And it also cleans wheels and plastics.

These “specialized” cleaners are just a ridiculous money grab.

I can also get a dedicated tire/whitewall cleaner that leaves tires squeaky clean for 50$ for 5 gallon with a dilution ratio of 5:1.

These “fad” products are just a waste of our money.
    Jim

11. Thanks mbkite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting product. But as you stated, you are going to blow thru the product quickly. I also use 3D YELLOW DEGREASER for wheels & tires. I use it on my tires and wheel wells.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the CarPro lovers were a bit upset in the facebook group because I apparently used too much product lol. I read some posts stating to spray a 1/4 of the tire and onto a brush and only use that amount to clean half of the tire. I will try that but I will be out of product by the time I find a dirty tire.

14. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Seems like the CarPro lovers were a bit upset in the facebook group because I apparently used too much product lol. I read some posts stating to spray a 1/4 of the tire and onto a brush and only use that amount to clean half of the tire. I will try that but I will be out of product by the time I find a dirty tire.
    I personally like to spray whole tire and let dwell. I guess you could let dwell after you scrub?

I haven’t used CarPro cleaning products (except Reset) due to the cost and what I currently used works well. I’m sure there nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I personally like to spray whole tire and let dwell. I guess you could let dwell after you scrub?

I haven’t used CarPro cleaning products (except Reset) due to the cost and what I currently used works well. I’m sure there nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah you could do that. It’s a good product and it does a good job. It’s going to be hard to compete with something like McKee’s tire and rubber rejuvenator when it comes to price for a gallon.

I rarely use tire cleaners anyway as APC is more than enough for maintenance of clean tires.

17. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast