autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Wash Mitt; Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I realize the entire weekend has passed and you've probably moved on, but one the best QD's I've ever used is the OTC Meguiars' QD in the maroon bottle. Hopefully it's still sold at big box or auto parts stores. It's the same one they include with the retail clay kit you find at places like WalMart. It offers great lubrication and decent cleaning ability. I never had an issue when paring it with any traditional clay bar from several different brands.
    That is exactly what the parts store shows as in stock locally

I used to use it in Alaska for claying as I bought several of the claying kits back in the day

I would buy the Megs kits or the Mothers kits depending on which was in stock locally and cheaper

I always like the Megs detailer better

I even bought one of the Clay Magic kits one time when it was on sale and actually still have a bar of the blue clay in the wrapper

Probably should be in a museum

Gotta be 15 years old

I guess I was saving it for a special occasion

lol

Post Thanks / Like

Same experience as OP, billed as latest greatest thing since sliced clay, so I bought the hype a few years back. Got the entire shebang, pads, cloths and the tiny hand held scrubbers. Worked great at first, but quickly degraded, started having the super sticky feeling and didn't notice as I used the pad on the Flex Beast on the hood of a Porsche Cayenne, well lubed with Blackfire Clay Lube. Virtually melted the entire pad onto the hood, looked like road tar had been poured onto the hood, the only way I removed it was with a microfiber cutting pad and Menzerna 400, completely trashed that pad too.

When I checked, all of their products had that super sticky feeling now and it all went into the trash can. Nanoskin blamed mine on the prep wash (Griots Foaming Surface Prep) I used before claying. Like the others I went back to traditional clay and haven't dared try again.

3. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnsDetailing View Post
    Same experience as OP, billed as latest greatest thing since sliced clay, so I bought the hype a few years back. Got the entire shebang, pads, cloths and the tiny hand held scrubbers. Worked great at first, but quickly degraded, started having the super sticky feeling and didn't notice as I used the pad on the Flex Beast on the hood of a Porsche Cayenne, well lubed with Blackfire Clay Lube. Virtually melted the entire pad onto the hood, looked like road tar had been poured onto the hood, the only way I removed it was with a microfiber cutting pad and Menzerna 400, completely trashed that pad too.

When I checked, all of their products had that super sticky feeling now and it all went into the trash can. Nanoskin blamed mine on the prep wash (Griots Foaming Surface Prep) I used before claying. Like the others I went back to traditional clay and haven't dared try again.
    Honestly I am feeling like leaving black smudges of rubber across my paint is the next step in this show

Now I’m torn about going to the parts store later and picking up some Megs QD spray or just tossing the mitt and calling it a day

Nanoskin flat told me it was my fault and if there was a problem on THEIR end it would be on social media

Well, I guess this is social media?

I don’t do any other stuffs like Facebook or whatnot so I hope this helps get the word out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Honestly I am feeling like leaving black smudges of rubber across my paint is the next step in this show

Now I’m torn about going to the parts store later and picking up some Megs QD spray or just tossing the mitt and calling it a day

Nanoskin flat told me it was my fault and if there was a problem on THEIR end it would be on social media

Well, I guess this is social media?

I don’t do any other stuffs like Facebook or whatnot so I hope this helps get the word out

This is the only social media I am on.

And, your "customer service" experience with Nanoskin coupled with my experience with the sponge, and the other posts here now has Nanoskin on my "Do Not buy" list.

Too many really great companies out there today vying for your detail product dollars to waste one more cent on a company that is basically telling you to "f*ck-off".

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin's attitude towards customer service is unacceptable.

I'm glad I never bought from them and it's clear I never will
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, PaulMys liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234