autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Wash Mitt; Fail

I guess I am in the category of no issues with Both of my Nanoskin Blue towel or wash mitt. I use either soap or ONR. I use the Nanoskin during the wash process when the car is wet.

Sorry to hear your experience. I will not go back to traditional clay anymore as I have had great success with the Nanoskin.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

2. Likes chilly, DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I guess I am in the category of no issues with Both of my Nanoskin Blue towel or wash mitt. I use either soap or ONR. I use the Nanoskin during the wash process when the car is wet.

Sorry to hear your experience. I will not go back to traditional clay anymore as I have had great success with the Nanoskin.
    This is what mystifies me

Some of you are doing exactly what others did and got completely different results

Glad you are good with yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I went back and found Nanoskin’s own YouTube video for the wash mitt

They show it being used with a bucket of soapy water to Decon as you wash

Of course they want you to use their brand of soap but still, the procedure several of you guys employed is supposed to be valid and why that might ruin the mitt is beyond me

Sorry I’m not letting this go but it’s all about the terrible customer service at this point

I just want something folks could look at in the future and make an informed decision

Some of you have used and apparently still use the product and I’m glad it worked for you

Everyone have a great weekend

Don’t get it wrong, I just post my experience for future reading, I’m glad to hear of peoples customer service both good and bad.

I got kinda the same answer from The tag Company. Bought an IK foamer and it failed and they were quick to tell me to contact IK. Didn’t even have a number or website to give me. My memory may be a little hazy but the just I remember was basically google it.

I still buy there towels till i find some better ones but i haven’t bought through them.

And do to hearing your experience i probably won’t buy any of their products if I can help it.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t get it wrong, I just post my experience for future reading, I’m glad to hear of peoples customer service both good and bad.

I got kinda the same answer from The tag Company. Bought an IK foamer and it failed and they were quick to tell me to contact IK. Didn’t even have a number or website to give me. My memory may be a little hazy but the just I remember was basically google it.

I still buy there towels till i find some better ones but i haven’t bought through them.

And do to hearing your experience i probably won’t buy any of their products if I can help it.

Exactly

To me this is all part of the reason for the forum

To educate and inform

The good and the bad

Peace everyone

Post Thanks / Like

I tried 3 different clay "alternative" mitts and have reverted back to clay. I've never had one perform as good as clay.

8. Likes chilly, Prange, Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    This sucks to hear. I haven’t experienced this but I will say that I have used both Nanoskin mitts, sponges and the disc. My only complaint is that I only got about 10 or so uses out of the mitts before they stopped being effective. I also would leave in my wash bucket to use after washing because it saved so much time. I would also use their lube on top of the soap as I decon’d.
    I will say that CarPro’s decon towel is OUTSTANDING!
    That’s good to hear. I might pick one up. I picked up an ultra clay towel recently from the rag company and so far it seems ok.

[ QUOTE=VISITOR;1731363]here's another option...

Griots Garage FINE Surface Prep Mitt

[/QUOTE]

This one still gets sticky. I’ve used it with N914 and CarPro Immolube. I just flip inside out and put it back into its container.

It gets even more sticky when using the Blackfire clay mitt cleaner.

Seems like a by product of the rubber material used.

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used them for quite a while. Just let them air dry, put them back in the container until next time. They can mar a little on softer paint. Some substances can make them sticky but after they air dry it’s fine. I sssume everyone did break in in on glass.

All that being said I recently got one of McKee’s mitts and do like that one better.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same issue with the Griots Fine Surface Prep Mitt.....switched back to clay.....Griots Clay for the mildly contaminated surfaces, 3M Perfect It for the worse ones

14. Likes chilly, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only issue I had was using my blue nanoskin sponge and came into contact with the bug/tar remover I sprayed on front. That pretty much ate it up and became gooey/sticky. Tossed into the trash and have another, but yet to use it.

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Well, I’m going to look locally for some cheap quick detailing spray and give it a try before I just toss it

Fingers crossed

I realize the entire weekend has passed and you've probably moved on, but one the best QD's I've ever used is the OTC Meguiars' QD in the maroon bottle. Hopefully it's still sold at big box or auto parts stores. It's the same one they include with the retail clay kit you find at places like WalMart. It offers great lubrication and decent cleaning ability. I never had an issue when paring it with any traditional clay bar from several different brands.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

18. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast