autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Underrated/Overlooked: Meguiar’s Hybrid Paint Coating

On another forum I got confused about the product being discussed. The Paint Coating product and the Pro Hybrid Ceramic sealant. I actually forgot which was which. They have a multitude of products out there now, all rated very well. My guess is that just having Ceramic on a package or bottle sell better, as the millions of other products now. Maybe it's just getting lost in a sea of other products?

2. Likes goldendodo19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRedGTI View Post
    On another forum I got confused about the product being discussed. The Paint Coating product and the Pro Hybrid Ceramic sealant. I actually forgot which was which. They have a multitude of products out there now, all rated very well. My guess is that just having Ceramic on a package or bottle sell better, as the millions of other products now. Maybe it's just getting lost in a sea of other products?
    The discussion here is about the Hybrid Paint Coating. There is no "Ceramic" in the name but rather categorized, according to Meguiars, as "Hybrid Polysiloxane". In fact they say there is no ceramic in the formula. Watch this video HERE for an in depth explanation on what it is. The definition of "ceramic" in a detailing product is a very loose term and can be defined and interpreted many different ways by many different brands based on the chemistry.

I agree with you though that perhaps the word "Ceramic" is a buzzword in the detailing world that captures the attention of most people given its reputation for water beading and longevity behavior.

For me, i don't care about buzzwords. I learned my lesson after falling for the graphene trap (*cough*303*cough*). All I care about is performance.

4. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I learned my lesson after falling for the graphene trap
    I have said it before, I fell for the TW "Graphene" series.....extremely disappointed

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I understand what the product is. But I do think it got lost in a sea of Ceramic products. I've seen multiple videos on it, as well as the other sealant product. Both appear to be very good performers. Hate to see a great product dumped, hopefully not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    The discussion here is about the Hybrid Paint Coating. There is no "Ceramic" in the name but rather categorized, according to Meguiars, as "Hybrid Polysiloxane". In fact they say there is no ceramic in the formula. Watch this video HERE for an in depth explanation on what it is. The definition of "ceramic" in a detailing product is a very loose term and can be defined and interpreted many different ways by many different brands based on the chemistry.

I agree with you though that perhaps the word "Ceramic" is a buzzword in the detailing world that captures the attention of most people given its reputation for water beading and longevity behavior.

For me, i don't care about buzzwords. I learned my lesson after falling for the graphene trap (*cough*303*cough*). All I care about is performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I have said it before, I fell for the TW "Graphene" series.....extremely disappointed
    The Adam’s Graphene spray coating is an awesome product if looked at right. It isn’t going to compete with coating lites but will perform as well or better than any other “spray coating” out there.

Pretty sure the graphene’s got nothing to do with it but a great product none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm at a little bit over 6 weeks with this product and so far so good.

I see very little, if any, change. Still just as slick and hydrophobic.

I WILL say that it doesn't have nearly the self cleaning abilities as a ceramic. Better than a wax or traditional sealant though.
    2013 Mustang GT, Red Candy / 2020 RAM 1500 Crewcab, Black Pearl

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jth877 View Post

I WILL say that it doesn't have nearly the self cleaning abilities as a ceramic. Better than a wax or traditional sealant though.
    What kind of conditions has it been put through?

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jth877 View Post

I personally noticed the exact opposite. The self cleaning effect seemed to be better than ceramic for me. Water shedding seemed to be top notch from what I’ve seen.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVDetailing View Post
    I personally noticed the exact opposite. The self cleaning effect seemed to be better than ceramic for me. Water shedding seemed to be top notch from what I’ve seen.
    Any issues with water spotting, Eddie?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I think any product today is good, but being a Megs guy at heart, I really really wanted to try this on the daily driver. But... Meguiar's US and Canada aren't the same company, there are quite a few Megs products we are still waiting for..... this is one of them. I did get my mitts on M27 and really like it. I imagine the coating would be better.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast