autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 Wax Review

Ever since Gyeon Q2 Wax was released earlier this year, I had been intrigued by this product. While full Ceramic coating have their place, I like the flexibility of Waxes and Sealants, allowing me to chop and change as desired. Recently, I ordered some with the intention of applying it to my XR8.

Firstly, I felt it was time for the big Falcon to be polished. I can't remember the last time I polished this car, most likely shortly after I took delivery in 2014. There were some minor love marks here and there but nothing in terms of major corrective work was needed. For today, I used CarPro Reflect.

Polished and wiped down with CarPro Eraser, it was onto the main event.

Gyeon Q2 Wax is housed in a roll up tube, much like a deodorant stick if you will.

The wax is applied by wiping it over your applicator. I always use a machine to apply wax, not because I'm lazy but because it allows for a thinner and more even distribution. Now, that doesn't mean a thin layer of protection rather minimizing the amount that is wasted when you buff it off. I also used the supplied hand applicator for the areas the machine would not be desirable such as the wing mirrors, door handles and boot number plate surrounds.

Once applied to the entire vehicle, this wax needs to be left for 30 min to set before removal.

The removal of this product is pretty easy. I would note that the thinner the better as some areas I applied to thickly did put a bit of resistance.

The gloss and reflection is very pleasing.

Mother nature had a bit of a cruel joke on me just as I was ready to shoot some result pics, these were all I could manage before the clouds decided to unload.

A close up shot of the results from Reflect and Q2 Wax. Emperor Red at it finest.

Overall, very happy with the final results. And happy to recommend Gyeon Q2 Wax. Is this product better than my usual favorite, Collinite 845? Probably not. But............ it is easier to work with than 845. The glue-stick like container makes it super easy to apply to an applicator and unlike 845, it doesn't need to be warmed up prior to use. The price of Q2 Wax is up there but a container will last many, many applications.

I don't think my best friend appreciated the results as much as I do..........

2. Thanks Bruno Soares, Desertnate, PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes Tasmania, Klasse Act, SNP209, noorth, CleanIT and 7 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 Wax Review

Keeping your car collection immaculate as always!

4. Likes DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So DFB, what exactly makes #845 better than Gyeon Wax for you? Now I haven't used #845 in eons but have used Gyeon Wax about 3x's this season. I'm never the person to ask about durability (LOL) but I loved the looks of Gyeon Wax, so I'd love to hear your thoughtsGyeon Q2 Wax Review

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So DFB, what exactly makes #845 better than Gyeon Wax for you? Now I haven't used #845 in eons but have used Gyeon Wax about 3x's this season. I'm never the person to ask about durability (LOL) but I loved the looks of Gyeon Wax, so I'd love to hear your thoughtsGyeon Q2 Wax Review

I probably worded that paragraph wrongly. I guess what I was getting at is that Q2 Wax is not miles better (or worse) than 845. Both are exceptional products, with Gyeon excelling in application ease, 845 leading in price and known durability. That said, I can't comment on durability either, as this car spends it life indoors and not subjected to the weather. In terms of gloss, the Gyeon is pretty special, but I have never been disappointing with 845 in regards to gloss.

I'm talking in circles I guess, but that's because they are both very solid choices.

7. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to your long term thoughts. I purchased it upon launch hoping the flourine based product would keep up with some coatings but sadly no. I used it on half of my sons car at the time and even the longevity of it was disappointing. 3-4 months on a vehicle that lives in the driveway. YMMV but I'm hoping to hear and see the results.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Looking forward to your long term thoughts. I purchased it upon launch hoping the flourine based product would keep up with some coatings but sadly no. I used it on half of my sons car at the time and even the longevity of it was disappointing. 3-4 months on a vehicle that lives in the driveway. YMMV but I'm hoping to hear and see the results.
    A Wax to keep up with coatings, where did that come from, your on "hopium" to believe that. I haven't read or watched all videos/reviews on Gyeon Wax but I'm pretty sure noone has ever uttered that claimGyeon Q2 Wax Review

Also 3-4 months for a vehicle outside 24/7 is pretty typical for a waxGyeon Q2 Wax Review

Post Thanks / Like

A Wax to keep up with coatings, where did that come from, your on "hopium" to believe that. I haven't read or watched all videos/reviews on Gyeon Wax but I'm pretty sure noone has ever uttered that claimGyeon Q2 Wax Review
    Straight from Jeff at GYEON. We discussed the inability to purchase Skin separately and with the discontinuation of booster that helped form a chemical reaction to add hydrophobic properties, we discussed Q2 Wax as a possible alternative. We had these conversations even before the product was released. It's not about whether the product marketing team makes the claim to that, it's that it's a fluorine based Carnauba wax.

Decent product but the Fluorine portion of it is not anywhere near the capability of Skin or what Booster would provide. I've since settled on CarPro SiC and Gtechnique products including EXO
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool your connected to Jeff at Gyeon, somebody of significance I'm sure, but I guess based on what I've learned about waxes in general I would never expect anything more than 3-4 months but that's just me.

13. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The car looks amazing! Love the color. Too bad we don't get vehicles like that on our shores. Closest we ever got were a couple rebaged Holdens and those are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I probably worded that paragraph wrongly. I guess what I was getting at is that Q2 Wax is not miles better (or worse) than 845. Both are exceptional products, with Gyeon excelling in application ease, 845 leading in price and known durability. That said, I can't comment on durability either, as this car spends it life indoors and not subjected to the weather. In terms of gloss, the Gyeon is pretty special, but I have never been disappointing with 845 in regards to gloss.

I'm talking in circles I guess, but that's because they are both very solid choices.
    My guess is the Gyeon will have a significantly different water behavior compared to 845, but you may not enounter that based on your usage of the car.

Since the car never sees weather and is mostly garaged, have you ever considered a carnauba wax? I bet it would be spectacular on that red paint.

Also 3-4 months for a vehicle outside 24/7 is pretty typical for a waxGyeon Q2 Wax Review
    Isn't it more like a SiO2, or in in this case fluorine, infused sealant? If so, I'd put it in the same catagory as many of the SiO2 sealants which last just as long as their traditional competitors; around 6 months. 3~4 months for any quality sealant isn't very good. About what I'd expect for a high carnuaba content wax, but not anything synthetic.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Likes Klasse Act, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not versed enough to answer this question, someone turn on "The Guz signal"Gyeon Q2 Wax Review

17. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast