autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer

So I recently tacked on a bottle of the new Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer to my last order to test it out. I like just about everything I’ve tried from Sonax. I bought it because it comes in a 25+ oz. size, and is reasonably priced.

This past weekend I took my black ‘70 Riv to a cruise in about 20 miles or so from my home. I used the Ultra for a little gloss enhancer/topper on the SiO2 paint sealant currently on the car prior to heading out.

We ran through an unexpected rain shower on the way there while on a heavily traveled highway. We’re talking a lot of oily road film and grime that has now been splashed up on my clean & shiny show car. Needless to say, Riv Fan is not a happy camper.

We arrived at the cruise in with wet cars and the sun beginning to come back out. I did absolutely nothing but let the car air dry while baking in the sun. To my surprise the car dried quickly with absolutely no water spots and looked like it had been freshly washed. For a BLACK car this is very impressive.

I’m a fan of this new detailer from Sonax. It’s super slick, has great gloss, and has ceramic coating characteristics. It also is an excellent value when you buy it for 25% off MSRP.

Pick up a bottle and try it for yourself. If you have tried it and like it (or don’t like it) I’d be interested in reading your comments…

SONAX Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

2. Thanks oneheadlite, fly07sti, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer

Reads like a fine product. I like the fact it can also be used as a drying aid.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome photo! I'm glad you like the new Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer.

6. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks interesting, safe over ppf and ceramic. I have read this can be used as a waterless wash as well...anyone actually use it this way or any experience. Sub'd. j

8. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Awesome photo! I'm glad you like the new Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer.
    I was about to say the same thing… Nice picture.Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer

10. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

So I recently tacked on a bottle of the new Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer to my last order to test it out. I like just about everything I’ve tried from Sonax. I bought it because it comes in a 25+ oz. size, and is reasonably priced.

This past weekend I took my black ‘70 Riv to a cruise in about 20 miles or so from my home. I used the Ultra for a little gloss enhancer/topper on the SiO2 paint sealant currently on the car prior to heading out.

We ran through an unexpected rain shower on the way there while on a heavily traveled highway. We’re talking a lot of oily road film and grime that has now been splashed up on my clean & shiny show car. Needless to say, Riv Fan is not a happy camper.

We arrived at the cruise in with wet cars and the sun beginning to come back out. I did absolutely nothing but let the car air dry while baking in the sun. To my surprise the car dried quickly with absolutely no water spots and looked like it had been freshly washed. For a BLACK car this is very impressive.

I’m a fan of this new detailer from Sonax. It’s super slick, has great gloss, and has ceramic coating characteristics. It also is an excellent value when you buy it for 25% off MSRP.

Pick up a bottle and try it for yourself. If you have tried it and like it (or don’t like it) I’d be interested in reading your comments…

SONAX Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer
    Did it bead as well as Brilliant Shine Detailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Did it bead as well as Brilliant Shine Detailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it did. If you prefer a slick finish and easy streak free application with all of the positive attributes of BSD, then you will enjoy Ultra Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer.

How’s the durability? Your guess is as good as mine. But let’s be honest, if you’re reading this forum you can’t go more than a couple of weeks (days?) before putting something more/else on your paint anyway so does it really even matter?

We’re all the reason Bob McKee is a multi-millionaire (and that’s nothing against him… just a fact).
    ​Al Schmidt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Yes it did. If you prefer a slick finish and easy streak free application with all of the positive attributes of BSD, then you will enjoy Ultra Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer.

How’s the durability? Your guess is as good as mine. But let’s be honest, if you’re reading this forum you can’t go more than a couple of weeks (days?) before putting something more/else on your paint anyway so does it really even matter?

We’re all the reason Bob McKee is a multi-millionaire (and that’s nothing against him… just a fact).
    What do you think about the waterless wash aspect? Is it slick enough to encapsulate dirt? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    What do you think about the waterless wash aspect? Is it slick enough to encapsulate dirt? Thanks.
    For me personally I would not use it as a waterless wash. I would stick to a ceramic infused waterless wash product and not push the limits of a quick detailer if that’s what I wanted.

Ultra is very nice as a topper for coatings and sealants, and could even be used to top a wax (although I probably wouldn’t put it on a wax). It worked well as a drying aid when I did a rinseless wash. Will also work just fine for your traditional quick detailer duties like removing finger prints, smudges, light dust, etc.

If anyone wants to try it out as a waterless wash I’d be interested in the results, but I won’t be the guy who tests it Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer.
    ​Al Schmidt

Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks for the feedback. I have ordered a bottle, as if I or anyone else here needs another detailer...but always open to ideas. I do love wolfgang's sio2 ww, and use it regularly. This will make a nice addition to top it with.

16. Likes BadgerRivFan, CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast