autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Adams Wheel and tire care kit (chevy dealer edition)

As mentioned i picked up a new camaro, as part of downloading the Chevy app i got a bunch of rewards points to spend at the parts counter. I decided to buy the Adams Wheel and tire care kit, Adams glass cleaner, and their mint interior detailer. In this review i will focus on the wheel and tire kit.

Price:
    $75

Contents:
    The kit came with 3 chemicals all 16 oz bottles with sprayers; Tire cleaner, wheel cleaner, and tire shine. The kit also includes a wheel brush, and tire brush. Finally the kit is rounded out by a foam applicator.

Wheel Cleaner:
    This stuff works really well. I used it on my Camaro, my s4 and a friends car. The 16 oz bottle got through all 3. My friends car was neglected and my S4 looks like ive never cleaned the wheels after only a few days, so brake dust just gets caked on. This cut right through it. More impressive, it did a good job cleaning the barrels where i didnt have a brush to agitate. The cleaning power definitely didnt leave me wanting. The smell on the other hand is pretty rough. ive used wheel and tire cleaner before but this one seemed to be among the worst. The smell also lingered even after rinsing the wheels. Not enough to make me not reccoemend the product, but definitely something to be aware of.

Tire cleaner:
    What can i say, im one of those folks that likes their chemicals to do a single thing well rather than several things alright. It works. It turned brown after agitation on every car i tried it on, and a single application was all it took to get the tires clean (as trying a second application didnt show any blooming or dirt) after 3 cars i have 60% of the bottle left. I cant say i remember a smell with this one.

Tire shine:
    Its banana scented, it shines the tires. Its mostly easy to work with, though id like to see a sprayer with a narrower angle than what is standard but wider than the "stream" setting. Not much to say here except it looks good. I applied it friday and it still looks applied.

Foam applicator:

This was disappointing. Its literally just a hunk of foam. No grip, texture for the hands, nothing to prevent the tire shine from permeating the entire hunk and getting on your hands.

Tire Brush:
    Nice handle, rubberized edges, and stiff bristles. Build quality could be better. Seems like something you get from amazon for 5 bucks but it works. its easy to handle and get around the tires. Cant really complain about it.

Wheel brush: This one left me scratching my head a bit. The bristles on this are only marginally softer than the ones on the tire brush. Compared to my mothers and and speed daddy wheel brushes it seems way too stiff. Its got rubberized edges just like the tire brush and a handle. its a bit bigger. The quality definitely seems less than my mothers brush. I wasn't willing to use this one on my camaro. I did use it on my s4 where the brake dust was really bad. It worked. The wheels are clean and I didn't notice any obvious damage to the wheels though i didnt look closely. I personally prefer my mothers brush for wheel faces.

Overall:
    The chemicals are good. Good enough that i would order the wheel cleaner and tire cleaner again. The brushes are a bit disappointing, but they do work.
    The problem is the price. The chemicals by themselves are worth 41 bucks depending where you buy them (this is a fair price in my opinion). That means that adams is asking 34 dollars for a hunk of foam and their two brushes. The comparable (and in my opinion) superior mothers brushes are pretty much half the price. Since the kit is the same price as buying everything separately id recommend getting a bottle of the wheel cleaner, tire cleaner, and then just getting your own brushes and applicators. You will most likely save money and have better tools.

Bottom line:
    Chemicals GOOD! Brushes: eh Price: bad

Please note, my price complaints are about the kit as a whole. I think the chemicals by themselves are fairly priced, and I will probably buy more of them.

2. Thanks KBsToy, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Wheel and tire care kit (chevy dealer edition)

Just want to note that i ordered a gallon of the adams wheel cleaner. Good stuff

4. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My apologies to the mods, i didnt realize that adams wasnt sold by Auotgeek.

6. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. My go to wheel cleaner^^^
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

8. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Thanks for the reviews. My go to wheel cleaner^^^
    My go-to wheel cleaner also.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White