autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Ceramic wash and coat

Hi all,

let me start off by saying im a fan of griots. I love their ceramic spray, I have a g8 and hopefully this afternoon a g9.

I am not as happy with the Wash and coat. I needed to clean my s4 after a few weeks of neglect. I purchased the Ceramic wash to have a maintenance wash for my griots ceramic coated cars.

First off the product suds when you add water to the bucket but the suds die pretty quickly, usually before i can actually start cleaning the car, and it looks like a bucket of vaguely green water. Im not unused to this having used ONR, and the wolfgang rinse less wash, but i expected suds. Not a killer.

My main issue was the lack of cleaning ability. It didnt seem to remove the stuborn dirt without a lot of agitation. Letting it dwell didnt help much. I had a second unusued bucket which i added some of griots normal sudsing wash to. This was able to clean with more ease, it also provided more glide to the wash mit. Overall the cleaning ability was about on par with a rinseless wash.

The Wash and coat did seem to apply some protection to the paint, so it seems to succeed in that regard.

Overall, if you need a maintenance wash to keep the dust and a little bit of recent road grime off a well maintained car, then this should be just fine. It will take car of a car that is washed weekly and that experiences normal conditions.
    I would not however recommend replacing your existing car wash soap for heavier jobs, like winter salt, a car that hasnt been washed in a bit, etc.

I wouldnt reccomend against it, but i do think I expected more from a wash requiring a rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Ceramic wash and coat

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    Hi all,

let me start off by saying im a fan of griots.
    You’re not as big a fan as “Visitor”.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You’re not as big a fan as “Visitor”.

Oh man, i started writing a reply to explain all the products i like, thinking you were calling me a visitor before i realized you weren't ...

FWIW, if your a griots fan, i definitely wouldnt say dont use this stuff, id just say also have some convential wash as well.

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are correct its only good for a wash to get ligh dust/ pullen off. That is all the product it's good for and in my opinion is all it was made for. Does leave about 3 to 4 weeks worth of protection. It's a decent soap to have but I don't reach for it often

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, i started writing a reply to explain all the products i like, thinking you were calling me a visitor before i realized you weren't ...

FWIW, if your a griots fan, i definitely wouldnt say dont use this stuff, id just say also have some convential wash as well.
    Lol. Yea it’s all in good fun. Visitor is an actual dude if you haven’t seen his posts yet… I’ve actually met Visitor irl and I can say for a fact that he’s a cool dude. He’s also a hardcore Griots fan, and heck so am I, but in no way do I compare to Visitor.Griots Ceramic wash and coat

My main polisher is a Griots Boss G21, so that outta give you an idea.Griots Ceramic wash and coat

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's did mention that the added SiO2 on the soap kills the suds but it still functions fine, suds aren't necessary I believe is what they said.

I have never tried that soap, so I can't speak about its cleaning abilities. I use and recommend CarPro Reset for any coated car.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Griot's did mention that the added SiO2 on the soap kills the suds but it still functions fine, suds aren't necessary I believe is what they said.

I have never tried that soap, so I can't speak about its cleaning abilities. I use and recommend CarPro Reset for any coated car.
    yeah, suds are not a requirement, i just wanted to note it. Ive used rinseless wash for years so it doesn't bother me.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Yea it’s all in good fun. Visitor is an actual dude if you haven’t seen his posts yet… I’ve actually met Visitor irl and I can say for a fact that he’s a cool dude. He’s also a hardcore Griots fan, and heck so am I, but in no way do I compare to Visitor.Griots Ceramic wash and coat

My main polisher is a Griots Boss G21, so that outta give you an idea.Griots Ceramic wash and coat
    I have a G9 coming this afternoon. ive been debating replacing my harbor freight polisher with one for the last year. Ive got like 5 cars in the next month that are going to need it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G9 coming this afternoon. ive been debating replacing my harbor freight polisher with one for the last year. Ive got like 5 cars in the next month that are going to need it.
    I recently replaced my HF DA with one of these new mini 3” polishers. The HF DA is a tank, but it’s nowhere near as smooth as these new polishers are. Your G9 should be a definite upgrade and not too expensive either. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently replaced my HF DA with one of these new mini 3” polishers. The HF DA is a tank, but it’s nowhere near as smooth as these new polishers are. Your G9 should be a definite upgrade and not too expensive either. Have fun.
    my g8 mini 3 inch is a big part of the reason i got the g9. I LOVE my g8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast