autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene / 3 coats and a wash

For those of you who have been following along with me while I experiment with the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating, you'll know that i have 3 coats of the product on the Camaro.

A few days after removing the 3rd coat, I noticed some smearing here and there on the paintwork. It was all my fault, I was using old, contaminated microfibers that no longer absorb well and they left behind some of the carrier solution that caused the smearing. This has been corrected and I have a batch of new towels that I will use from now on. For those who are curious, yes, they are parts store towels, but I had good luck with my previous towels (until I over-used them), so I'm hoping these will be OK too.

Long story short, I washed the Camaro last night and the smearing was removed. When I finished, it was about to storm and the sky and lighting was a bit funky, but it gave me some good pics.

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene / 3 coats and a wash

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post

A few days after removing the 3rd coat, I noticed some smearing here and there on the paintwork.
    Did you actually mean applying? Or did you really remove all the product from your paint and currently have bare unprotected paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Did you actually mean applying? Or did you really remove all the product from your paint and currently have bare unprotected paint?
    What I meant was after applying and buffing off the third coat...my paint currently has 3 layers of the 303 Graphene Spray Coating on the paint. It's not naked.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Mike Phillips

In the big picture...

How you liking it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    In the big picture...

How you liking it?

I like it. There's a learning curve because it is different than what I'm used to. I looked at it in the sunlight today and there is still some slight clouding here and there so I'm going to try applying another light application using 303s recommended method and my new microfiber towels to see it that will clear up the finish. Although it sounds counter productive to ADD product in order to remove product, sometimes it takes like to remove like.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I’m thinking the issue may be applying too much or too frequenty. More isn’t necessarily better.

7. Likes glen e, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding when they say "a little goes a long way", it's usually true. It's very tempting to always want to use more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I’m thinking the issue may be applying too much or too frequenty. More isn’t necessarily better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'm finding when they say "a little goes a long way", it's usually true. It's very tempting to always want to use more.
    Ok, Ok, you guys win LOL.

Since it was just washed last night, then sat overnight in the garage, it was a little dusty. So instead of using my Quick Detailer and dusting it off, I hosed it down and dried it...I know, but I didn't want the Quick Detailer (Turtle Wax HS Ceramic Quick Detailer) to affect the properties of the 303, so I rinsed and dried it.

So after waiting a few hours for the humidity to drop and the sun to come out (really though, I wanted a nap), I went out and lightly wiped the car with one of the new microfiber towels. The Camaro is officially a Gloss Machine now and for an 8+ year old DAILY DRIVEN car with 144,499 miles, it looks better than darned good.

Here are a couple of direct sun pics:

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Ok, Ok, you guys win LOL.

Since it was just washed last night, then sat overnight in the garage, it was a little dusty. So instead of using my Quick Detailer and dusting it off, I hosed it down and dried it...I know, but I didn't want the Quick Detailer (Turtle Wax HS Ceramic Quick Detailer) to affect the properties of the 303, so I rinsed and dried it.

So after waiting a few hours for the humidity to drop and the sun to come out (really though, I wanted a nap), I went out and lightly wiped the car with one of the new microfiber towels. The Camaro is officially a Gloss Machine now and for an 8+ year old DAILY DRIVEN car with 144,499 miles, it looks better than darned good.

Here are a couple of direct sun pics:

The minimum amount of protection a QD leaves behind wouldn’t affect your LSP for very long, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk