autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Response fro 303 regarding application and removal Graphene Coating

Question:

I have a question about the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating. Application is EASY, but it's the removal I am (kind of) having issues with. If I let it completely dry to a haze, like say by coating the whole car before removing, then removal is a BEAR! If I go section by section, and only let it partially haze, then removal is clean and easy, but am I messing up by not letting it fully haze?

Hi Don. We recommend going section by section versus doing the whole car at once before removing (Should be around 5 minutes). Do one section then move to the next and once that next section is done come back and buff the previous section and repeat. Keep in mind though that if it is buffed too early it can decrease the effectiveness of the coating, so be sure to wait around that 5 minute mark, and that there is white hazing occurring on the surface. Hope this helps - Have a great day!
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Response fro 303 regarding application and removal Graphene Coating

I think laying down the multiple applications is a big part of your issues, not having used the 303 I have no first hand experience. In my experience if wiped off to early, not swapping out coating removal towels and over application always causes smearing or high spots. I think in one of your posts you mentioned smearing was removed from the next wash if so that is usually from not swapping out towels because what you are seeing is the liquid carrier in the product.

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

For everyone reading this into the future, in my original review for this product, 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating), after using this product on multiple cars, I found the wipe-off can be a tick sticky.

If I remember correctly, in my review I recommended for most people to apply and remove panel-by-panel. For those of in great physical condition with exceptional hand skills - go ahead and apply to the entire car and then wipe-off.

Also - after working with this product on multiple cars I also discovered that the "type" of towel you use makes a huge difference in either how easy or how difficult the product is to remove.

Then I wrote this article,

Mike Like - The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

FWIW

4. Likes TTQ B4U, CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Mike Phillips

And not trying to steal your thread Don - but for those that find this thread into the future... here's two other articles on this product I've written.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Recommendation: Microfiber Applicator Pad for applying 303 Graphene Nano Coating Spray

Extra Large Microfiber Applicator Pad

This stuff is really popular. I've heard people having good experience using it on boat hulls too.

I haven't paid attention lately, but for months after this product was launched, our warehouse manager kept a PALLET of the product close to the packing and pulling warehouse to make it fast and easy for our pullers to grab it for orders. That by itself says something.

Post Thanks / Like

I think like many products the biggest mistake as I read here is people can use too much of a product. Over the last seven months I’ve put on two coats of 3O3 and in general, I used one spray per panel and work it in with a microfiber brick. Sometimes two sprays but no more than that. I actually don’t put any more on the car or the pad until I can’t see it going on anymore. it still has a very hard shell look after seven months. I also buffed it off panel by panel, waiting maybe 3 to 4 minutes before I wiped it off.

By the way I just use the 3O3 on a brand new LG high-end washer & dryer combo I just bought in metallic graphite, they look stunning…
    Glen -

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I think part of my issues were my towels. I have a few new super plush microfibers, but I used some of my older ones that are two-sided and I think they are pretty worn out and should have been downgraded to other uses years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to chime in...

For everyone reading this into the future, in my original review for this product, 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating), after using this product on multiple cars, I found the wipe-off can be a tick sticky.

If I remember correctly, in my review I recommended for most people to apply and remove panel-by-panel. For those of in great physical condition with exceptional hand skills - go ahead and apply to the entire car and then wipe-off.

Also - after working with this product on multiple cars I also discovered that the "type" of towel you use makes a huge difference in either how easy or how difficult the product is to remove.

Then I wrote this article,

Mike Like - The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

FWIW

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I think like many products the biggest mistake as I read here is people can use too much of a product. Over the last seven months I’ve put on two coats of 3O3 and in general, I used one spray per panel and work it in with a microfiber brick. Sometimes two sprays but no more than that. I actually don’t put any more on the car or the pad until I can’t see it going on anymore. it still has a very hard shell look after seven months. I also buffed it off panel by panel, waiting maybe 3 to 4 minutes before I wiped it off.

By the way I just use the 3O3 on a brand new LG high-end washer & dryer combo I just bought in metallic graphite, they look stunning…
    That's possible. I think in most cases people use too much.

Every video I've watched about Wet Coat, the person doing the video says only use a little, 1 to 2 sprays per panel.....as I watch him spray 5 sprays

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, After using this product with these towels, were you able to clean and reuse the towels? In other words, did using a microfiber washing solution in the washing machine remove the 303 coating from the towels?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Mike, After using this product with these towels, were you able to clean and reuse the towels?

In other words, did using a microfiber washing solution in the washing machine remove the 303 coating from the towels?

For sure.

There may be a little staining as the product is black in color but the towels do NOT harden like conventional ceramic coatings do.

No worries

12. Thanks Azure thanked for this post