autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene + The Camaro = Observations

I couldn't stand it anymore. The Camaro NEEDED washed, so I figured why not...so I put a layer of the 303 Graphene coating on the car. Between the wash & application of the 303, it took a couple of hours with me taking my time not to miss anything. During the application, I noticed a few things:

1. It does have a chemical smell, but it's not bad and very light.

2. It applies EASY, I can't say that enough... EASY...after spraying the applicator 4 times to prime it (fresh new applicator), I only needed one spray on the pad to do an entire panel (or half a panel on the hood/roof). It spreads beautifully and thin. I didn't get near the sweating Mike did in his evaluation, but I think I used less than he did and then wiped it over the surface several times to make sure I got 100% coverage (too, I didn't spray both the panel and the applicator, just the applicator and wiped it on).

3. It IS grabby on removal, and even after buffing off the residue, it doesn't feel slick under the towel. It is NOT difficult to remove, just different than what I'm used to. In the video Mike posted by 303, I saw they also applied it to the windows, so I did too. On the glass, after buffing off, I used my fingernails and then it DID feel slick, just not under the towel.

4. As far as removal, it was complete. No smearing/hazing/clouding...no NOTHING. Which on my black car is VERY impressive because EVERYTHING does one or more of those things.

5. In the brief moment when I had sun light, I noticed that it seemed to have hidden or filled the minor surface swirling that was on the hood, impressive.

All in all, a pleasant experience. The car looks phenomenal and the 303 was very user-friendly. The proof is in the pics, so here you go...

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Likes Azure, Jayfro, psnt1ol, MisterSnoop, dgage and 3 others liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: 303 Graphene + The Camaro = Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post

I couldn't stand it anymore.

Ha ha....

Car looks great!

Interesting stuff but also good stuff.

4. Likes Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the car a few minutes ago, and it feels slicker than it did right after application. There might not be a cure time, per se, but I think it does SOMETHING in the hours after application.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Thanks PaulMys, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes ssnimrod, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently applied it in full sun, it was a surprise how well it appllied and removed. Key is 'jack be quick' method, apply small sections and remove once it hazes . I too also only apply it to the MF applicator sponge and then to the paint.

Good stuff.

8. Likes Klasse Act, Don M liked this post