autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro CQuartz BlackOut Tire & Rubber Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    My initial 2 coats of Feynlab Black Velvet were applied with a microfiber applicator which I tossed away after using. My most recent application I used a foam applicator for low profile tires and it didn't harden the applicator like Optimum didReview - CarPro CQuartz BlackOut Tire & Rubber CoatingReview - CarPro CQuartz BlackOut Tire & Rubber Coating

I know you don't like Pan Mike but I'll be paying close attention to his results with BlackoutReview - CarPro CQuartz BlackOut Tire & Rubber Coating

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    It is not that I don't like him, its just his content is not for me.

You are right about Feynlab. That one will not harden. It is more of a sealant than a coating. McKee's will kind of harden on a foam applicator. It gets a tad crispy if allowed to dry. I would use Feynlab. It is not that hard to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Mike uneven wear aside, do you think these coatings have the potential to last about 6 or 7k miles of driving during the spring/summer seasons? I really know nothing about tire coatings. But deep cleaning tires is very painstaking. Tuf shine's cleaner will be in my cart sometime this year..
    It is possible. I don't drive that many miles a year. If anything you may have to top it once or twice with itself with not so much prep.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review and info. Interesting product...hmmmm
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow89 View Post
    I am curious if this would solve an issue I am having with my new Michelin PS4S tires (T2 is applied a-okay, but T1 doesn't not get absorbed fully) and if any that gets on the tread will impact traction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I'm also having problems with my new Michelin PS4S. Can't seem to get the browning out.
    Not to de-rail the great review from Guz, but I'm glad to hear other people having issues dressing the PS4S tires. I thought it was just me. I'm using PERL right now and the tires almost seem to repel it when applied. PERL seems to disappear at the first sign of any moisture, but with the PS4S tires it doesn't seem to star around even in the dry. I get about 48~72 hours.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I finally figured out the riddle of tires. It seems like every tire has a slightly different compound or formulation. Add to that the age of the rubber tire and the environmental considerations its in and every application is different. So I think you need to experiment with a few few leading products until you find one that works for you on a particular set of tires. There is no one best product in this area which explains how reviews are all over the place.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiwhmts View Post
    I think I finally figured out the riddle of tires. It seems like every tire has a slightly different compound or formulation. Add to that the age of the rubber tire and the environmental considerations its in and every application is different. So I think you need to experiment with a few few leading products until you find one that works for you on a particular set of tires. There is no one best product in this area which explains how reviews are all over the place.
    All trueReview - CarPro CQuartz BlackOut Tire & Rubber Coating

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not to de-rail the great review from Guz, but I'm glad to hear other people having issues dressing the PS4S tires. I thought it was just me. I'm using PERL right now and the tires almost seem to repel it when applied. PERL seems to disappear at the first sign of any moisture, but with the PS4S tires it doesn't seem to star around even in the dry. I get about 48~72 hours.
    I just tried Duragloss and it seems to work much better than Tuf Shine on Michelin PS4S tires.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123