autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Clarify - initial review

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    2Pac of Zap towels ordered, along with a pair of Uro-fiber pads (the twins) and CG's Black Ice interior scent. This thread has turned into a revenue generator, albeit on a very small sm-all scale (who gets the sm-all referenceCarpro Clarify - initial reviewCarpro Clarify - initial review)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Only thing i can think of is SM-Arnold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Another Zap towel question...has anyone used glass cleaner with itCarpro Clarify - initial review

Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet with a critical eye. I feel like at some point in the past I tried it with the Zap like towels I got from Griots forever ago, but it’s been long enough that I used them I don’t recall how it went.
    I’m honestly surprised it’s an off label use that more ‘geeks haven’t tried yet.

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had similar experiences. I am a HUGE Carpro fan but this has been the first, and hopefully only, product of theirs I've used that didn't live up to the standards that Carpro has set for themselves and that I now hold them too. I reordered it after a few months seeing if the formula changed or if it was just a bad batch(has happened with Reload in the past) that caused the streaks, it wasn't. Like your experience daylight revealed a clear window with no streaks. But at night, especially under street lights or looking into oncoming headlights...terrible. Absolutely terrible. I even felt embarrassed because I used this on my wife's windshield and a few days later I borrowed her car. Same thing, at night I could hardly stand to look through all the streaking. I had to apologize to her hahaha.

I use the Carpro glass cleaning towel followed with a clean dry waffle weave. This combo works great with Stoner's, so not sure why I'm getting streaks with the clarify. I plan to keep using it to see if I can get better results.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I have had similar experiences. I am a HUGE Carpro fan but this has been the first, and hopefully only, product of theirs I've used that didn't live up to the standards that Carpro has set for themselves and that I now hold them too. I reordered it after a few months seeing if the formula changed or if it was just a bad batch(has happened with Reload in the past) that caused the streaks, it wasn't. Like your experience daylight revealed a clear window with no streaks. But at night, especially under street lights or looking into oncoming headlights...terrible. Absolutely terrible. I even felt embarrassed because I used this on my wife's windshield and a few days later I borrowed her car. Same thing, at night I could hardly stand to look through all the streaking. I had to apologize to her hahaha.

I use the Carpro glass cleaning towel followed with a clean dry waffle weave. This combo works great with Stoner's, so not sure why I'm getting streaks with the clarify. I plan to keep using it to see if I can get better results.
    Thanks for sharing. Our experience seems to mirror one another. There’s gotta be people who’ve cooled off on this product, because it’s rarely mentioned these days, or maybe I haven’t payed much attention. I haven’t used it since.

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not talked about too much because it isn't inexpensive. Also glass cleaner is not as sexy to talk about as toppers.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Rsurfer, PouncingPanzer, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same experience with Carpro. I had high hopes for the product as I have used and like all Carpro products. I found the product to streak everytime I have used it. I have tried numerous glass products and have found Poorboys World to be my favorite. I always seem to try new products hoping for something better but always seem to go back. Glad I was not the only one to be disappointed with Carpro. Thought it was just me. I like all their other products really well. Their Ceramic coatings are some of my favorites.

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t had major streaks but there are still some left. I’d say this is on par or maybe a smidge better and also smells better.

I’ll still be trying new things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes van185 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably not talked about too much because it isn't inexpensive. Also glass cleaner is not as sexy to talk about as toppers.

I would figure people would love to talk about it because it IS expensive… You know, the “look what I’ve got I’m so cool” mentality.Carpro Clarify - initial reviewlol.

Kinda like when we all 1st bought our $400 dollar polishers and felt badass.Carpro Clarify - initial reviewlol.

14. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Kinda like when we all 1st bought our $400 dollar polishers and felt badass.Carpro Clarify - initial reviewlol.
    I still feel bad ass with my Flex polishers as I have tools that are better than my capabilities.

16. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both my GG3 & GG6 didn't add up to $400 but that was back in 2010.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

18. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast