autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Clarify - initial review

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

I stopped trying the Zap cloth on customer cars for the same reason. I don't doubt people get good results with it, but I'd rather just do one pass with good cleaner + towel and be done. That's why I asked in another thread about folks using a Zap cloth with glass cleaner instead of just plain water (yes, off label use, but what 'Geek hasn't gone off label from time to time?).
    Maybe you should try it out. It’s worth a shot since it sounds like you’re looking at using them less moving forward. Can’t hurt to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for not hanging me over this… I know this review goes against the grain, and I certainly don’t mean to bother anyone or anything negative towards anyone or their preference of product whatsoever.

I’m glad to see how everyone on this forum can remain respectful towards each other. That’s something that’s always great about the people here.Carpro Clarify - initial review

Post Thanks / Like

THIS^^^^^and proves that we can have a great discussion here Carpro Clarify - initial reviewCarpro Clarify - initial review

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Thanks for not hanging me over this… I know this review goes against the grain, and I certainly don’t mean to bother anyone or anything negative towards anyone or their preference of product whatsoever.

I’m glad to see how everyone on this forum can remain respectful towards each other. That’s something that’s always great about the people here.Carpro Clarify - initial review
    This is real world. Back before BF did there re label, they had a glass cleaner that Mike P gave a lot of praise. I decided to buy and it was horrible! Maybe it was a bad batch but after trying on a few different vehicles, I just tossed it.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Clarify - initial review

Look we all have our differences in how products work for us. We all have different outcomes based on our environments.

I remember you not having a good experience with Optimum Car Soap and how it worked well for me.

Got me thinking about our environment and in yours and my case the water.

I am just running out so will probably give hyperwash a try based on dilution. I still think OCW is great but the dilution doesn’t make it a great buy.

Even though OCW didn’t work for you, yours and a few others reviews of hyperwash are why i’ll probably give It a try....

Also I’d hope honest opinions are why we’re on AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. This is a great community! But it would be a pretty sad day if we start getting into arguments about glass cleaners.

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, it helps when the member is as helpful, and contributing as Ric has been.

If Ric says something does not work for him, then there should be zero doubt that it did not work. He's not a newbie, and knows how to use the products.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this stuff but it's pretty expensive, might buy a gallon when there's the 20% off and free shipping during the winter months Carpro Clarify - initial review

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is one of the things that makes this forum/group/family great! I welcome all reviews/comments/etc...we can all learn something from them!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

16. Thanks Klasse Act, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. Full disclosure, I don’t clean “dirty” exterior glass with any glass cleaner, ever. I feel that washing via traditional or rinseless usually leaves the glass clean IMO.
    On interior glass I almost always use a mixture of 90%IPA/D114 @ 1:128 for my first pass cleaning. Especially on windows I haven’t cleaned somewhat recently. It just always cleans very well. As far as normal glass cleaners go, I’d have to say Invisible Glass in the aerosol has always been good to me. I will also say that some glass is just a PITA!
    I had this 2021 Lexus RC 350 and there was this nasty film that none of my cleaners or towels could completely eliminate. Ended up polishing with McKee’s cockpit 20/20 followed by invisible glass and windows were streak free. Thank goodness this car will be getting tinted before I come back to wash it!
    I've often wondered if folks have tried "doping" their window cleaner by adding IPA. How much do you add?

Maybe you should try it out. It’s worth a shot since it sounds like you’re looking at using them less moving forward. Can’t hurt to try.
    Next time I do glass I'll give it a go trying a couple different glass cleaners and my Zap cloth as well as some other glass cloths I got from Griot's ages ago that look to be the exact same kind of towel.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast