autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Clarify - initial review

I find Clarity to work fantastic!
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned a bunch of windows at home today and used Clarify. I like that it’s so slick. Usually glass cleaners make the towel not glide very well but this one allows it to glide on the glass and you can see it evaporating and leaving no streaks. Pretty good.
    Bruno Soares

4. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was just me with the slickness of Clarify, glad you chimed in to "clarify" the thoughts I had as well Carpro Clarify - initial review

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I thought it was just me with the slickness of Clarify, glad you chimed in to "clarify" the thoughts I had as well Carpro Clarify - initial review
    Good thing there isn’t a “clarify” drinking game, cause we’d *clearly* be hammered at this point.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I haven’t used AC but we also don’t get alot of humidity. Raining right now so will be humid on way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Update?

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Clarify - initial review

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Update?
    So had rain today and ran with no Defroster. It fogged up and i would say their were streaks i could find if looking for. Better than most by a little

Bit in the sun bright sun where glare and brightness absolutely clear.

It’s nice but probably won’t replace foaming Stoner’s due to cost. Just will still follow up final wipe with a zap cloth

11. Thanks bob m thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So had rain today and ran with no Defroster. It fogged up and i would say their were streaks i could find if looking for. Better than most by a little

Bit in the sun bright sun where glare and brightness absolutely clear.

It’s nice but probably won’t replace foaming Stoner’s due to cost. Just will still follow up final wipe with a zap cloth

Thanks for the update. I was fairly confident the honest results would come back that way because like I said in my review, and I stand by my opinion about Carpro Clarify when I said it’s just simply not a very good glass cleaning product and it does indeed leave streaks.

They may not be apparent under ideal conditions, but in the real world when you run into less than ideal conditions is when those unsightly streaks can rear their ugly head with this glass cleaner. Just like I showed in my pictures.

Under humid conditions the streaks suddenly appeared.

Yet after leaving the car parked and back to normal temps the glass suddenly looks perfectly clear again…

It’s crazy to think there’s somehow wicked streaks hiding in that picture all along and I can tell you from not touching my interior glass for almost 2 weeks that those same streaks would come and go everyday from looking atrocious to back to perfect. That’s why I said I don’t feel like I can trust this glass cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Ah, but is the glass totally streak free from all angles?
    That quote^ from Bill D rings truer than ever and makes perfect sense. Of all surfaces, in order to achieve perfectly clean glass it must be true from all angles, under any light, and retain its perfect clarity even under less than ideal weather conditions.

I’ve since cleaned the interior of my windshield with the usual glass cleaning product I’ve been using for years, Megs D120 and low and behold, absolutely perfect glass 24/7 no matter what kind of weather. Zero streaks.

Honorable mention goes to the Zap Cloth.

13. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s crazy to think there’s somehow wicked streaks hiding in that picture all along and I can tell you from not touching my interior glass for almost 2 weeks that those same streaks would come and go everyday from looking atrocious to back to perfect. That’s why I said I don’t feel like I can trust this glass cleaner.
    One factor I watch when trying a glass cleaner is if, as you're cleaning the glass, you can see smears and streaks while the glass is "wet" that go away when you wipe off. But if you re-wet the glass, those same smears and streaks are there. I always worry whatever those smears are, they'll rear their ugly head when the temp/humidity are wrong.

Example - I was cleaning the glass on a china hutch at our house where I ended up going all the way to using a panel wipe to get actually clear glass under all conditions. The wife was impressed with how it turned out (she had also tried to fight the glass on it) and it's stayed really good since.

I tried ONR on a customer car at work (courtesy clean of filthy glass while the car was in for automotive repair) back when it had much more buzz around it here. People swore by it for glass. No matter how many passes I made, it wouldn't touch those weird smears. Not wanting to send the car out with a question mark ("Look, I helped!.. Oh wait - no I didn't ) switched to a high power glass cleaner with much better results.

I stopped trying the Zap cloth on customer cars for the same reason. I don't doubt people get good results with it, but I'd rather just do one pass with good cleaner + towel and be done. That's why I asked in another thread about folks using a Zap cloth with glass cleaner instead of just plain water (yes, off label use, but what 'Geek hasn't gone off label from time to time?).

Post Thanks / Like

If this not the best... what’s your go to?

Sorry, just saw this. Full disclosure, I don’t clean “dirty” exterior glass with any glass cleaner, ever. I feel that washing via traditional or rinseless usually leaves the glass clean IMO.
    On interior glass I almost always use a mixture of 90%IPA/D114 @ 1:128 for my first pass cleaning. Especially on windows I haven’t cleaned somewhat recently. It just always cleans very well. As far as normal glass cleaners go, I’d have to say Invisible Glass in the aerosol has always been good to me. I will also say that some glass is just a PITA!
    I had this 2021 Lexus RC 350 and there was this nasty film that none of my cleaners or towels could completely eliminate. Ended up polishing with McKee’s cockpit 20/20 followed by invisible glass and windows were streak free. Thank goodness this car will be getting tinted before I come back to wash it!

16. Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Clarify - initial review

McKee’s Cockpit 20/20 solved my interior glass issues as well. I’m going to have to try it on the exterior. Maybe following up with Sprayway will satisfy me.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

18. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast