autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Glass Cleaner - Also great for...

This weekend I had a job to do and decided to try Sonax Glass cleaner.

The job: Getting the insides and outsides of all the house windows reset to crystal clear.

Turns out, the Sonax pairs really well with your traditional window washer scrubber/squeegee approach! I know folks in the industry usually just use dish soap and water, but I wanted to try and set up for my best chance for success - more than a couple of our windows are not super easy to redo if needed, so I didn't want to revisit any if possible.

Pressure washed the outside of the house/windows first. Then while they were still wet I sprayed them with 5-6 sprays of Sonax. Used the scrubber side (think almost like a mild scotchbrite strip) first to cut through the winter funk. Flipped and used the microfiber shag side for a final scrub. Worked all day to perfect my zen single-stroke window squeegee pass. Quick wipe of the perimeter with an old-fashioned Griot's tight weave glass towel, and finished with a quick buff with a Rag Company Dry Me a River.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it was actually quite fast. Most importantly, it was easily repeatable with streak free results! Got compliments from the Mrs, plus we were both glad to have not had to pay someone a couple hundred bucks to do them all.

The Sonax glass cleaner seems to "foam" a bit more when scrubbed than any I've used, which really seemed to work well to help the squeegee slide effort free.

Didn't grab any before/after pictures - the after shot would just have been a clear shot of my neighbor's house which woulda just been a little weird.

2. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Sonax Glass Cleaner - Also great for...

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

This weekend I had a job to do and decided to try Sonax Glass cleaner.

Thanks for sharing. It is truly a great glass cleaner and as most of you know, I also use it as a waterless PREP wash.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post

Didn't grab any before/after pictures - the after shot would just have been a clear shot of my neighbor's house which woulda just been a little weird.
    The picture to have gotten would have been the picture of you cleaning the glass -showing your glass cleaning tools.

Next time...

4. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post