autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ECH2O on CanCoat

Follow up : After using this quite a bit, i find it is worthless for getting anything other than dust off of the bike. It does nothing for bugs. Water alone works better on bugs. Back to the drawing board. I'm open to other suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

You might need to let it dwell. I sometimes use a blue paper towel soaked and places over the remains to get it off. You might also look into an APC like OPT power clean or a dedicated bug off chemical (think Gyeon makes one). I recently got a jersey bug pad from the Rag Company and it works pretty well.

ETA: Gyeon does make Bug & Grime and CarPro and GTechniq also make similar products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    Follow up : After using this quite a bit, i find it is worthless for getting anything other than dust off of the bike. It does nothing for bugs. Water alone works better on bugs. Back to the drawing board. I'm open to other suggestions.
    ECH2O is really only meant for light dusting. On any seriously griming vehicle, bug splatters or not, I wouldn't use a waterless/rinseless wash. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I think your expectations are too high for the product. As a QD spray and a waterless wash it works great.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Ech20 a few times now has a rinseless but i pressure washed my car first. Went relatively well, i have to get a routine now. Next time i will use 10 towels. It does leave the car looking freshly detailed.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if Gary Dean is still around?

Post Thanks / Like

I've used ECH20 as a rinseless and it works fine. Somehow in my mind I feel like Duragloss rinseless has a bit more lubrication.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I have used Ech20 a few times now has a rinseless but i pressure washed my car first. Went relatively well, i have to get a routine now. Next time i will use 10 towels. It does leave the car looking freshly detailed.
    Are you doing the PW’ing at home or at a spray wash. If doing at home and got the PW out you should go ahead and do a bucket wash. Way more lubrication than a rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Are you doing the PW’ing at home or at a spray wash. If doing at home and got the PW out you should go ahead and do a bucket wash. Way more lubrication than a rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was one of those self wash bays. The only time i will do rinseless is for a light clean or in a wash bay. I travel 400km to work so that and a touchless car wash is basically my best options. I will have to live with swirls, which doesn't actually bother me. I just love clean and glossy paint. Thats why i'm thinking of going another route next year lol Use more AIO's instead of a high solid coating, polishing is my favorite. But that could change again. I already have the back end of my car coated with 1 layer of c.quartz uk and i love it! That said i done a quick polish with gyeon primer on my bonnet and topped it with high gloss a day later and that looks fantastic has well. I might even just get 10ml of c.quartz uk when i need it and use that on the doors, lower panels and bumpers. Then i can use AIO's or finishing polishes on the rest of the car a few times per year.

So many options. And your right way more lubrication with a bucket wash.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12