autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ECH2O on CanCoat

I recently sealed my motorcycle with CanCoat.

After a few hundred miles, I had some dust and a bug or two.

I diluted 1:10 and followed the instructions. It is really easy to use and left a shine that was comparable if not a bit glossier than when I'd just freshly applied CanCoat.

This was the first time I'd cleaned my bike with a rinseless wash. Took about 20 minutes.

2. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ECH2O on CanCoat

1:10 is waterless ratio 1:200 is rinseless ratio. If using it as waterless 1:10 looks great if you don’t mind the buffing CarPro actually recommends 1:15. I like it 1.5 oz to a 32oz bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    1:10 is waterless ratio 1:200 is rinseless ratio. If using it as waterless 1:10 looks great if you don’t mind the buffing CarPro actually recommends 1:15. I like it 1.5 oz to a 32oz bottle.

i used it at 1:10 Sprayed it on and then carefully wiped it down. Then went over it one more time. Can you help me understand the difference between waterless and rinseless?

Post Thanks / Like

I typically use it as a QD at 1:20 and it works great! My go-to for coated vehicles. Far more economical than dedicated QD sprays.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Dislikes CleanIT disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz View Post
    Can you help me understand the difference between waterless and rinseless?
    In short a "water-less" is using a spray bottle or like to wet the surface and then simply wiping it. Alternative methods like the "Gary Dean" method are what I use. Same process only wet rags and a few more steps to the process but much safer.

A rinseless is using the ECH2O or other such product in place of soap in a larger bucket and washing with a sponge. Same process, only no rinsing.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    In short a "water-less" is using a spray bottle or like to wet the surface and then simply wiping it. Alternative methods like the "Gary Dean" method are what I use. Same process only wet rags and a few more steps to the process but much safer.

A rinseless is using the ECH2O or other such product in place of soap in a larger bucket and washing with a sponge. Same process, only no rinsing.
    I would like to know more about the "Gary Dean" method.

Post Thanks / Like

Google or you tube it. Here’s how I do a “Gary Dean”…..It essentially means mix up a batch of rinseless in a bucket, put in five or six CLEAN microfiber towels, pull a towel out and keep it very very wet - sopping wet -wipe down two panels or so and toss the used microfiber in another bucket for washing later, move on with a new sopping towel, then wipe the car down with a drying towel with another microfiber. You never go back and put any mf (dirty) in the bucket, you’re only pulling out clean towels.I’ve been using it for over 10 years, it works absolutely perfect. I mix Carpro Ech20 about 1 oz per gallon of water.

Obviously if the car has been off road or is unbelievably dirty, going to a touchless car wash, doing a soapy two bucket wash or giving it a hard pre-spray is recommended before you do a Garry dean rinseless……
    Glen -

11. Thanks Lance Mark thanked for this post
    Likes Lance Mark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Main feature is that once a towel leaves the rinseless bucket, it doesn’t go back. You use the eight sides of the folded towel and toss it in the dirty bucket.

13. Likes TTQ B4U, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    i used it at 1:10 Sprayed it on and then carefully wiped it down. Then went over it one more time. Can you help me understand the difference between waterless and rinseless?
    Waterless is sprayed on. Rinse less in mixed in in a bucket you dunk your wash media in and wipe the vehicle down with it really damp.

On a bike your method seems fine as i’m sure at 1:10 it has good lubricity and with such small area’s more buffing not a problem.

At 1:10 it is more like a mini sealant. Would be alot of arm strength going into it at 1:10 if you were doing a car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    I would like to know more about the "Gary Dean" method.
    To further on what glen said I take it a step further and roll the towel as im crossing the paint and only use 1 side for one pass.

I believe i read about rolling the towel from Autopia but Larry Kosilla from Ammo NYC has the best visual if you watch some of his videos about Ammo Frothe.

I personally like to use Ammo frothe first and in your case follow up with CP Ech20 to amp up the gloss. I feel a foam is the safest product for removing dust, dirt and grime from paint.

But in the sake of simplicity on your bike i would probably just stick to waterless you’ve been doing as that seems safe to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast